Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

I like the Cub Scout idea. 20 odd years ago when my son was a Cub Scout that was being done. I can remember 500 free Cub Scouts getting in and 500 or more paying parents.
    I also like the idea about the cheerleaders that would definitely bring some parents to the game. some of you are rolling with some really good ideas. hopefully Martin Hall is taking notes.
    Someone should have a notebook of ideas of what worked in the past and what didn’t work. It could be game plans from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    I like the Cub Scout idea. 20 odd years ago when my son was a Cub Scout that was being done. I can remember 500 free Cub Scouts getting in and 500 or more paying parents.
    I also like the idea about the cheerleaders that would definitely bring some parents to the game. some of you are rolling with some really good ideas. hopefully Martin Hall is taking notes.
    Someone should have a notebook of ideas of what worked in the past and what didn’t work. It could be game plans from the past.
    The youth groups idea is great IF the experience is good. If not, you've just showed another potential group of fans why they shouldn't go.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    so guilt parents instead of fixing the issue? I'm a long time fan, supporter and alumni so I'd probably go, but that's a good way to turn people off.
    I wouldn’t say it be guilting parents. I say it’s promoting your kids to go to that college and to give them a college experience when they are young. They wouldn’t have to go but they would want to go because they be with college students doing college extracurricular activities.

You are making future fans, and possibly future students , and giving parents to see your product. Who would of never went in the first place

4. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

so guilt parents instead of fixing the issue? I'm a long time fan, supporter and alumni so I'd probably go, but that's a good way to turn people off.
    None of this is organic . . . not to say it would not work or is not a good idea, but it is anything buy organic

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    None of this is organic . . . not to say it would not work or is not a good idea, but it is anything buy organic
    It’s promoting your school ! Showing them what they have to offer. I think it’s a great way to promote the university

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    I wouldn’t say it be guilting parents. I say it’s promoting your kids to go to that college and to give them a college experience when they are young. They wouldn’t have to go but they would want to go because they be with college students doing college extracurricular activities.

You are making future fans, and possibly future students , and giving parents to see your product. Who would of never went in the first place
    and when the experience is crap because we can't figure out concessions, that first impression leaves a mark and they never go back.

7. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

It’s promoting your school ! I think it’s a great way to promote the university
    I believe all of these idea's are great, however in the end, each analysis ends with the conclusion that for attendance to stick, it must be organic. Just making the observation.

I've tried at least a game a year for the last several years. There hasn't been a single time that one of the following hasn't happened. Most of the time is multiple issues:

1) ticket scanners don't work
    2) person checking tickets to get to section are slow as _____
    3) concession lines are a mile long and/or product is horrible (cold nacho cheese, stale hot dog bun, etc.)
    4) speakers are either piercing loud or too low to hear anything (I'll put the inappropriate music for my children to hear here as well)
    Good feedback. I haven’t had the scanner issues some here have had, but there’s enough people bringing it up that it must be a real issue. Totally agree on the concessions. Got nachos on Saturday and they were the first even mediocre nachos I’ve gotten at Cajun field in years. Last few years have been ATROCIOUS. Side note: does anyone remember the bomb nachos Cajun Field used to have? Good god I hate the food and merch these huge corporations are giving us. Speakers: I hear you on that. I find it tuned down a bit this year but I could just be going deaf from the last few years.

Hope you try out a game this year. I’d suggest upper deck GA away from the scoreboard side. Concessions aren’t bad up there, no ticket checkers, opposite side of the scoreboard. I’ve had good luck with the scanners at the entrance on that side but who knows. Like I said appreciate your response. I know the admin lurks here. Hopefully some of this feedback sinks in.

and when the experience is crap because we can't figure out concessions, that first impression leaves a mark and they never go back.
    Your right! We need to improve the little things first, and make sure the Gameday experience is second to none.

What ever happen to you can order concessions from your seat and pay for it over your phone and they bring it to you. I thought at one time we had that.

Why not have Vimeo or Cash app where you can pay for it online and order what you want and they have people that will bring your food to your seat.

The youth groups idea is great IF the experience is good. If not, you've just showed another potential group of fans why they shouldn't go.
    I think you have concisely hit the nail on the head here. I have tried my best to create new fans and bring people to games. The attempts last year, friends were waiting in concession lines for 1 1/2 quarters of play.

Same friends refused my two invites last two home games and elected to stay home and watch CFB together at someone's house. Hell, it was almost too hard to pass up hanging out with friends all day at the comfort of one of their homes.

That's why I was thinking of maybe an introductory first-year low cost of a tailgating spot in TG3. Could try to entice them to come do that same thing within the stadium grounds.

What ever happen to you can order concessions from your seat and pay for it over your phone and they bring it to you. I thought at one time we had that.

Why not have Vimeo or Cash app where you can pay for it online and order what you want and they have people that will bring your food to your seat.
    That was done with Watr/ASAP and I thought they were supposed to do it again this season. But the phone service in the stadium is still terrible so probably will cause even more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    That was done with Watr/ASAP and I thought they were supposed to do it again this season. But the phone service in the stadium is still terrible so probably will cause even more problems.
    How much would it be to have our own public Wi-Fi at the stadium ? How much would that be ?

Could it be a promotional thing for LUS or Cox

How much would it be to have our own public Wi-Fi at the stadium ? How much would that be ?

If LUS fiber is already installed at Cajun Field, LUS can easily throw up some public WiFi spots. They do it every year for Festival International.

Pretty sure cell boosters were brought in before. Not sure if this could be part of the plans with the renovation.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information