Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by allincajun View Post
    I stopped getting 20 tickets that we would hand out to customers because of the digital ticket situation.
    You can easily get printed tickets to hand out. They printed mine when we picked up tailgate/parking passes even though I didn't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Concessions is a big problem. How is a 40,000 seat stadium not setup to handle 16,000 people efficiently?? Every game should be able to handle 30,000 people in a timely manner. Not wanting more people in the stadium because we can’t handle the crowd is backward thinking.
    Stadium was set up very long ago with no infrastructure to handle things like cooking on site and accepting credit cards. I know Grab&Go was being run by Lafayette High band parents. They were going as fast as they could but with most people paying with credit/debit it was slowing down the process.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    IFF we are ever able to afford it, there is the Champions Square development in the plans (at least a few years ago) to replace the Cox building. I think that is a great place for it for a year round entertainment area.

However, as can be seen by our lack of participatory effort (I may have made that word up!), we aren't close to being ready to do that financially.

I agree with what a lot of you are saying; it takes many years to grow a fan base. We may not be patient enough to see that but that doesn't mean its not true.

Also true, winning helps. So, I, like the rest of you, will be out there, cheering on the Cajuns to another win. Eventually, the rest of the area will wake up to it.
    Maybe we can do something like Tulane or as someone else mention in the UL Rice attendance thread. Rice Village, or Tulane Tailgate Villiage, or The Boulevard. Doesn’t have to be that nice, other Colleges has things like that. We need something like it.

Finish tearing down the Cox building and start small, relocate the stage there with tents, bouncy house whatever.

Eventually after the renovations are done have something nicer like a championship square

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I want more people in the stadium, but to think letting in people for free will generate more income via concession sales is not a valid argument.
    I understand your point but if you give the seats away or leave them empty you make no money on the seats. At least if there is a butt in the seat you have a shot at someone spending money on concessions. Nothing to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Soldier View Post
    I understand your point but if you give the seats away or leave them empty you make no money on the seats. At least if there is a butt in the seat you have a shot at someone spending money on concessions. Nothing to lose.
    What if we did a cheer night invite all the cheerleaders from all the middle and high schools. They can be along the side lines during the game with our cheerleaders.

Parents would have to purchase tickets of course, and during halftime they can perform there routine as a group. Trust me parents would show up to see there babies perform.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Next home game is 10/1... Homecoming.

Start advertising tickets and tailgate spots TODAY! Do the same deal they did last week.. $200 gets you a tailgate spot, 4 tickets and a parking pass. Hope the team keeps winning... but PROMOTE them. Try to get people to commit NOW!

LETS GEAUX!!!!
    This promotional push should’ve started the second the clock hit 0.0 on Saturday night.

Give another great idea. ULM is inviting all the cub scouts to the game against the Cajuns. If you only knew how many Cub Scout groups that have. It’s in the 300 members range if not more. Parents don’t get in for free they got to pay to get into the game.

A parent will not sit outside or drop there kid off and say stick with your pack leader. Those parents will show up to the game.

I be there no matter what with my UL attire, supporting my Cajuns but if they were playing someone else I would still go to the game .

Stadium logistics fixes A LOT of the issue. I have 4 kids under 8. It's a massive undertaking to get them there, a huge burden on my wife to let me go alone or an expensive night with the sitter. If I have confidence that things will run smoothly, it's worth the effort. I don't have that confidence and watching the game on TV in the AC with a cold beer on the couch is the easier option. Call me a bad fan. It's why I stay home...

9. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRage View Post
    Stadium logistics fixes A LOT of the issue. I have 4 kids under 8. It's a massive undertaking to get them there, a huge burden on my wife to let me go alone or an expensive night with the sitter. If I have confidence that things will run smoothly, it's worth the effort. I don't have that confidence and watching the game on TV in the AC with a cold beer on the couch is the easier option. Call me a bad fan. It's why I stay home...
    I sure hope honesty does not get met here with reprisal. Without honesty, we will never really know why those who stay home elected to stay home.

Not only were you honest, you point out a correctable reason why you are not going now.
    That is the type of information needed.

I tell you another thing about this. It helps recruit for the school. If you invite band members you recruiting for the Pride of Acadiana, if you inviting cheerleaders it will help recruit top cheerleaders, same with boy or girls scouts it helps recruit future students

My son wants to go to ULM, and I told him you can go anywhere but wouldn’t you want to go where mommy and daddy went to school? As long he doesn’t go to LaTech I am cool. Joking of course

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Trust me BeauCajun is familiar with every lot at CajunField. He has been around for a while and is one of the best Cajun supporters that the Cajuns have.
    That great, it truly is.

But he’s wrong. Lot C in its current designation is not limestone.

CajunRage when you refer to stadium logistics can you be more specific? Are you referring to parking situation? Concessions? Appreciate your response.

Would you go to the game if one of your kids was in cub scouts, or in band, or a cheerleader, and all the cheerleaders were invited to do a routine with the UL cheerleaders, or the Pride of Acadiana? You would be almost obligate to go right .

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    CajunRage when you refer to stadium logistics can you be more specific? Are you referring to parking situation? Concessions? Appreciate your response.
    I've tried at least a game a year for the last several years. There hasn't been a single time that one of the following hasn't happened. Most of the time is multiple issues:

1) ticket scanners don't work
    2) person checking tickets to get to section are slow as _____
    3) concession lines are a mile long and/or product is horrible (cold nacho cheese, stale hot dog bun, etc.)
    4) speakers are either piercing loud or too low to hear anything (I'll put the inappropriate music for my children to hear here as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Would you go to the game if one of your kids was in cub scouts, or in band, or a cheerleader, and all the cheerleaders were invited to do a routine with the UL cheerleaders, or the Pride of Acadiana? You would be almost obligate to go right .
    so guilt parents instead of fixing the issue? I'm a long time fan, supporter and alumni so I'd probably go, but that's a good way to turn people off.

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information