Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Gotcha. So should we push getting them in the gates and that run over to the stadium
    Or
    Push getting people in the stadium and that growing the tailgating.
    A game is a game whether you watch it from your couch or from the cheap seats. People may not leave their house for just a game because they already have it at home. A tailgate makes it an EVENT. Get people believing in and looking forward to these events again. All day outings with your friends and family culminating in damn near the most popular thing in this country…a little college football.

I remember the Delphi Board ! This is so much better

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    A game is a game whether you watch it from your couch or from the cheap seats. People may not leave their house for just a game because they already have it at home. A tailgate makes it an EVENT. Get people believing in and looking forward to these events again. All day outings with your friends and family culminating in damn near the most popular thing in this country…a little college football.
    Bingo!! We have a winner

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I agree with this, especially in September.
    This.

I guess we can disagree on this somewhat. Most young families these days don’t have all day to tailgate. Plus as we’ve seen before, a whole lot of people that have been drinking all day will sit and watch the game from the tailgate spot on tv instead of going in.

I agree it would be interesting to see with a better team on the field. But these people would be the same ones that leave at halftime cuz they had enough. That’s why inside the stadium needs to be more intriguing than outside the stadium.

How about get famous bands to play at the game during commercial breaks and/or before and after games. Set them up in the north east corner. Or build a stage into the north hill. Could you imagine if during those miserable 3-1/2 minute timeouts rebirth brass band would play/ or Better than Ezra. You know. Known bands but wouldn’t break the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I guess we can disagree on this somewhat. Most young families these days don’t have all day to tailgate. Plus as we’ve seen before, a whole lot of people that have been drinking all day will sit and watch the game from the tailgate spot on tv instead of going in.

I agree it would be interesting to see with a better team on the field. But these people would be the same ones that leave at halftime cuz they had enough. That’s why inside the stadium needs to be more intriguing than outside the stadium.
    They may be some of them but not all, some of these fans are rapid football fans, we just have to show them how fun it could be.

Giving free tickets to Elementary and middle schoolers that’s a great idea as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxebabIabaE

Traditions bring people back and it started with the students!! We have to start somewhere!
    Funny he mentions cULture!

Geaux Cajuns!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    Lot C is pavement.

Lot D is limestone.
    Trust me BeauCajun is familiar with every lot at CajunField. He has been around for a while and is one of the best Cajun supporters that the Cajuns have.

My two cents:

I think part of this is that people need to better manage their expectations and put things into perspective:

-our winning ways and successes are still young. We didn’t have winning ways until 2011, then again in 2018 - now. As a ranked program, we’ve only been on that map for two years. We spent over 30 years being a dumpster fire football program.
    Programs like LSU, TX, and heck, even App State, have been winning for a long long time.

-our new cULture and traditions - again, very young compared to teams who’ve had the same traditions for almost 100 years.

-stadium - our stadium is 50 years old compared to other stadiums that are 100 years old (some even older than that) - ties back into the tradition aspect.

-lots of good things are happening. We became R-1 not even one year ago, we’re going in the right direction. I think patience will be a huge virtue here. We’re finally winning. I’ll take it.

We should never forget where we’ve been. I’ll take winning over crowd size on any day. We all remember UL of the 80s and 90s *shudders*

Stop overthinking it, offer people the same experience per game that “season” fam get. We have empty tailgate spots and empty parking spots out the ass, sell them all per game until we sell them out. Going into a Saturday home game knowing you have 25 unsold TG spots and 1000 empty parking spots and doing nothing with them is ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Stop overthinking it, offer people the same experience per game that “season” fam get. We have empty tailgate spots and empty parking spots out the ass, sell them all per game until we sell them out. Going into a Saturday home game knowing you have 25 unsold TG spots and 1000 empty parking spots and doing nothing with them is ignorant
    Perfect! Run an ad on 1420 AM with Jay and a number they can call to reserve a parking pass and a tailgate spot. .

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Not perfect. I know multiple tailgate spots paid for that don’t get used for every game. You will lose a lot of the season tailgate spot buyers that will just decide to buy game by game.

Just like season tickets.

If you offered game by game tg spots you would gain some game by game but lose some season tailgate spot sales. Which could workout. But what about bad weather? Or how soon In advance of a game would you have to purchase a tailgate spot?

14. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    The only argument that holds water with me is concession times, that needs to be fixed ASAP!
    You could pay someone $40/hr to sell beer and they'd make that back for you in 4 minutes.

15. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Went to sleep and the most innovative solution disappeared.

Who let the DOGS out?

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information