Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Tailgating has been packed before. For free bring all your own stuff. The school made nothing and the stadium was still empty.
    If we require a game ticket to enter the fenced area, you scan them upon entrance to the fenced area.

2. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    I’ve been reading this thread all day, and I like that there’s a consensus that there’s some things that could be done better. A few things to note.

Now with streaming and ESPN+, the battle to bring the fan to the game creates a challenge unlike before. Even Nick Saban gets asked if easy non conference games enable their stadium to not be completely full in Tuscaloosa. That’s a challenge, but it shouldn’t cause our attendance to be only ~15k with the longest win streak in America.

But here is the big issue. The old administration allowed us to park next to stadium for free for decades, offered cheap tickets, didn’t have RCAF to increase surcharges, and basically allowed us to tailgate for free. Now, charges have been added to all of these amenities. Add in the gameday issues inside the stadium of long concession lines and crazy logistics, and you have people just throwing their hands up and staying home. Basically, we have been sold products of no value for so long that we got used to it. So now, everyone wonders why they have to pay up out of nowhere. At the same time, the administration has invested a lot of money into Athletics from coaches salaries to facility enhancements.

The big challenge moving forward will be to bridge the gap between being used to the old ways and understanding why changes were made. To me, that’s the responsibility of getting message out thoroughly and effectively. Help people understand why the value has been added to the amenities. Unless we get the communications and messaging out the right way, we will continue to have these same issues. But also, when people start paying premiums for these things, you can’t fumble the ball and have people wait in line for a Diet Coke for a half hour either.
    You and I know this subject well. We have to get our enrollment over 21,000. This is why you have to target the local high schools.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    If we require a game ticket to enter the fenced area, you scan them upon entrance to the fenced area.
    So tailgating spots are free butt you must have tickets to enter? I’m good with that But then all tailgate areas would be first come first serve? Don’t know about that.

Tailgating has been packed before. For free bring all your own stuff. The school made nothing and the stadium was still empty.
    I definitely remember the days of packed tailgating and empty stadium. It was the one reason I always really believed with a successful program we could pack that stadium. Keep in mind the on field product for many of those prime tailgating years was hot garbage. In the same way, you’d like to bring the kids in and see what happens I’d love to get folks back in those gates with our current product and see what happens. Getting inside the complex is the big hurdle. Once you’ve done that, you’ve parked. You’re off the couch.

Here is my 2 cents. So the seats are empty and not being used so why not give free admission to kids with HS, Middle School or elementary id cards. The little kids won't be able to attend with adults so that would be 1 or 2 more paid attendees. I know those tickets are free but I promise you can make some of that money up at the concessions. I agree HUD was a go getter. He is the reason I upped my RCAF donation because he always made me feel like a Cajun fan anywhere, he saw me, and I tried to talk to him. I haven't seen Des in the Community at all and he's from down the road. Its like Napier only talked to you if you were a big donor, I hope Dez doesn't act like that. If you don't act like you love this program as a coach, why should the fans. It has to start from the top not the bottom. Work on scheduling not many people traveled from EMU.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I definitely remember the days of packed tailgating and empty stadium. It was the one reason I always really believed with a successful program we could pack that stadium. Keep in mind the on field product for many of those prime tailgating years was hot garbage. In the same way, you’d like to bring the kids in and see what happens I’d love to get folks back in those gates with our current product and see what happens. Getting inside the complex is the big hurdle. Once you’ve done that, you’ve parked. You’re off the couch.
    I agree. But what if the start of charging for tailgating and RCAF and new moneys coming in…. Led to the on field success of the program??? So what if we can’t have both. Free tailgating and a hope they attend but a not so successful program. What if all that added money aided in paying more coaches better work out and weight programs. Nutritionist so on so on. Could we afford all that without paid tailgating and parking?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I agree with Jacob that a blackout wouldn't have a negative impact on subscribitions. But, not sure we can actually do that without ESPN involvement.
    No doubt they would be involved. But there should be a way to get them to agree to it.

So tailgating spots are free butt you must have tickets to enter? I’m good with that But then all tailgate areas would be first come first serve? Don’t know about that.
    Okay new plan everyone that has a tailgating spot is good. How about we put open tailgating in Cajun Country Rice RV Park we split that in half, and open that up for open/free tallgating?

Big problem is are people going to leave there ice chest and canopy out there?

If they have to go back to there car. That is a risk of them leaving. I personally think that is a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Limestone. No thanks on tailgating there.
    Lot C is pavement.

Lot D is limestone.

I agree. But what if the start of charging for tailgating and RCAF and new moneys coming in…. Led to the on field success of the program??? So what if we can’t have both. Free tailgating and a hope they attend but a not so successful program. What if all that added money aided in paying more coaches better work out and weight programs. Nutritionist so on so on. Could we afford all that without paid tailgating and parking?
    Maybe I wasn’t clear. Definitely not saying free tailgating. I guess what I’m really trying to say is id love to see how many of those folks would’ve gone in back in the day had the product been worthy. I’m not concerned with making tailgating too fun and people staying in the lot. At this point, I just want to get them back in the gates. Now if our pricing is still set from peak demand when Hud was here that needs adjusting to fit the current climate. We already offer recent grad season tickets. Trying to get that next generation of long time season ticket holders by starting people off at a cheaper price and see if you can hook them. I love RedTails idea for reduced first year rates for tailgating similar to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Okay new plan everyone that has a tailgating spot is good. How about we put open tailgating in Cajun Country Rice RV Park we split that in half, and open that up for open/free tallgating?

Big problem is are people going to leave there ice chest and canopy out there?

If they have to go back to there car. That is a risk of them leaving. I personally think that is a good idea
    So people paying for a tailgate spot are next to people doing the same thing for free?

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Maybe I wasn’t clear. Definitely not saying free tailgating. I guess what I’m really trying to say is id love to see how many of those folks would’ve gone in back in the day had the product been worthy. I’m not concerned with making tailgating too fun and people staying in the lot. At this point, I just want to get them back in the gates. Now if our pricing is still set from peak demand when Hud was here that needs adjusting to fit the current climate. We already offer recent grad season tickets. Trying to get that next generation of long time season ticket holders by starting people off at a cheaper price and see if you can hook them. I love RedTails idea for reduced first year rates for tailgating similar to this.
    Gotcha. So should we push getting them in the gates and that run over to the stadium
    Or
    Push getting people in the stadium and that growing the tailgating.

So people paying for a tailgate spot are next to people doing the same thing for free?
    If you are in an RV you paid for an RV spot you will be next to the stadium. Next to the grass. With your RV. With the convience of your RV right there.

I am not saying people are able to park there. They would have to bring there stuff from there car or truck and set up shop in that area. You wouldn’t be able to get a vehicle or park right there.

That’s still what the oak tree area is for. Music there’s food and drinks. Maybe they could relocate that whole setup somewhere else more open. But that’s the entrance for the band and team. So kinda tough logistically. But I agree that area could be bigger.

That's how it used to be. Been there setting up at 8am many times. The only good thing about the Baldwin era is we got to sleep a little later!
    Couldn't imagine what RP would have been like back then! But we did have the Delphi board!

Geaux Cajuns!!

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information