Thread: Angry after a big win

1. Default Angry after a big win

Can someone explain "angry after a big win" for me?

Default Re: Angry after a big win

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Never heard of that? Sorry can't help you on this one.

You think we angry imagine being a fan of this school in their dying conference?

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt.unbelt-best-G5

Good one

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    You think we angry imagine being a fan of this school in their dying conference?

Oh did I enjoy reading that!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post

Thanks for sharing. I like the parts where they admit defeat.

7. Default Re: Angry after a big win

I’m sure many were angry this morning after our big win because they cashed out when the going was rough . . .

Is that actually a thing? If so, no I’ve never heard of it.

If you’re asking “can people be mad about a team’s performance even after they won?“

I guess that would be the yin to the yang of “there’s no such thing as an ugly win.”

I think the anger stems from unrealistic expectations and a lack of understanding of the personnel we have and the personnel we lost. We didn't just lose Billy Napier, we lost experienced coaches, as well as experienced players to the transfer portal. The current coaching staff and players (old and new) are learning what it takes to win as a team at this level and the adjustments that are necessary. This team and coaching staff will get better as the season progresses; however, the Sunbelt Conference is also getting better. Enjoy the ride, trust me our coaches recognize the same issues we see and are working on them.

10. Default Re: Angry after a big win

People were angry here all year long last year with a 13 1 record, conference championship and bowl win.

I find it interesting to look at the stats after a game. The winner doubling the loser's score is not unusual. Doubling their stats almost never happens. so a lot of blowouts on the scoreboard, are actually a lot closer on paper.

I also find it interesting to look at how often the 'powerhouse' doesn't put away the 'patsy' until the 4th quarter. And when that happens, it's often like we saw last night, a nail-biter transforms into a spankin'.

Conclusion: The average fan (and I, alas, am an average fan) just doesn't understand the game. Most games are much closer than they look, and real domination is a lot rarer than we think.

Only reason I’m angry is I wish more people understood how special it is what we are building with this program. I get it though, most people just want a finished product and don’t enjoy the process. It’s not really anger just frustration, but that’s my fault for thinking I can make other people see what I see.

I’d call it frustration after a big win.

I wouldn't say I am angry but after the last 2 weeks concerned about our O line would be a better definition.

Yes, being able to dominate on the o-line and set everything up with the run was nice. It might be the opposite this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I wouldn't say I am angry but after the last 2 weeks concerned about our O line would be a better definition.
    1st half.somewhat concerned.2nd half, O line was taking names.give it another game before you jump off a cliff.heck, the SAINTS O line play was putred in the first half.2nd have was much better

Thread Information