Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My personal take on the Eastern Michigan game

UL Football My personal take on the Eastern Michigan game

Without the benefit of replay, which I have, but have to admit I checked out other games tonight during the lightning delay, when I wasn't reading some pretty panicked posts. In the first half, like anybody else with eye balls, I was also seeing a team that looked complacent & disinterested. I was seeing a team get beaten to the punch on both sides of the ball at first. Then the defense started to come around & I felt like they could keep the offense in it for a while.

But even I was calling for the back up QB to come in by the time the Cajuns got going & going they got. Once they started going, they became a runaway train. The thing that was starting to scare me was them not trying a big play. The Cajuns could never get anything going in the first half because EMU was playing tight & low on us. They kept the box stacked. And this made it appear as though Des didn't look like he knew what he was doing. But the way I'm starting to see it is he knew exactly what he was doing. But he knew it was gonna take a process of time to work. And that is the chess game of football. Anybody can call a few plays if they have an offensive mind & understand a playbook. But to create a masterpiece out of stone, you have to keep chipping away, little pieces at a time.

And as those pieces crumble You begin to see cracks show & pretty soon you have started to break bigger pieces off as the stone becomes brittle from the beating. What we saw tonight was a work of art in stone. It was a masterpiece of domination. But master pieces some times take time. When Des had gotten them committed to stopping the run & the short pass enough, he let the cannon balls fly. And fly they did. We can cuss & discuss who should be the starter going forward & which guy looks the best to each one of us & I don't see anything wrong with that. It is our right as fans. I know I have my personal favorite. But I have no reason not to like the other guy either. All I'm gonna say about that here & now is I'm gonna trust Mike's judgement. He sure as hell earned it tonight.

I don't think any fan can ask for a greater performance by a football team than what we saw in the 2nd half of this game. That is the kind of game that defines a championship team. It shows patience & strength of character, complete belief in one's self & their team mates & it shows great preparation & coaching. They say the best coaches make the right adjustments to make their team successful. I don't know, but that kind of sounds like what we saw tonight, doesn't it? That's my take.

2. Default Re: My personal take on the game tonight:

It was also interesting to see that a number of fans also made adjustments about the time of the lightning delay. Many left the stadium and one even announced his departure here to see another more appealing game. Well, just like our coaching staff and players made the appropriate adjustments, they were rewarded and those fans that stuck with the Cajuns got to experience a masterpiece. Oh well to the rest . . .

3. Default Re: My personal take on the game tonight:

Louisiana's 15 game winning streak is so unbelievable that some acredited news outlets find it more believable to say Louisiana has beaten Eastern Michigan 15 straight times.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl.me/ar-AA11H95E

Default Re: My personal take on the game tonight:

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    It was also interesting to see that a number of fans also made adjustments about the time of the lightning delay. Many left the stadium and one even announced his departure here to see another more appealing game. Well, just like our coaching staff and players made the appropriate adjustments, they were rewarded and those fans that stuck with the Cajuns got to experience a masterpiece. Oh well to the rest . . .
    I sure wish they would have announced that the lightning delay would serve as halftime, I think a lot of people would have stayed.

5. Default Re: My personal take on the game tonight:

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I sure wish they would have announced that the lightning delay would serve as halftime, I think a lot of people would have stayed.
    Very likely

Nice analogy BWK.

7. Default Re: My personal take on the game tonight:

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Without the benefit of replay, which I have, but have to admit I checked out other games tonight during the lightning delay, when I wasn't reading some pretty panicked posts. In the first half, like anybody else with eye balls, I was also seeing a team that looked complacent & disinterested. I was seeing a team get beaten to the punch on both sides of the ball at first. Then the defense started to come around & I felt like they could keep the offense in it for a while.

But even I was calling for the back up QB to come in by the time the Cajuns got going & going they got. Once they started going, they became a runaway train. The thing that was starting to scare me was them not trying a big play. The Cajuns could never get anything going in the first half because EMU was playing tight & low on us. They kept the box stacked. And this made it appear as though Des didn't look like he knew what he was doing. But the way I'm starting to see it is he knew exactly what he was doing. But he knew it was gonna take a process of time to work. And that is the chess game of football. Anybody can call a few plays if they have an offensive mind & understand a playbook. But to create a masterpiece out of stone, you have to keep chipping away, little pieces at a time.

And as those pieces crumble You begin to see cracks show & pretty soon you have started to break bigger pieces off as the stone becomes brittle from the beating. What we saw tonight was a work of art in stone. It was a masterpiece of domination. But master pieces some times take time. When Des had gotten them committed to stopping the run & the short pass enough, he let the cannon balls fly. And fly they did. We can cuss & discuss who should be the starter going forward & which guy looks the best to each one of us & I don't see anything wrong with that. It is our right as fans. I know I have my personal favorite. But I have no reason not to like the other guy either. All I'm gonna say about that here & now is I'm gonna trust Mike's judgement. He sure as hell earned it tonight.

I don't think any fan can ask for a greater performance by a football team than what we saw in the 2nd half of this game. That is the kind of game that defines a championship team. It shows patience & strength of character, complete belief in one's self & their team mates & it shows great preparation & coaching. They say the best coaches make the right adjustments to make their team successful. I don't know, but that kind of sounds like what we saw tonight, doesn't it? That's my take.
    .Great post as usual!

8. Default Re: My personal take on the game tonight:

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Louisiana's 15 game winning streak is so unbelievable that some acredited news outlets find it more believable to say Louisiana has beaten Eastern Michigan 15 straight times.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl.me/ar-AA11H95E
    Louisiana has 15 straight wins over Eastern MIchigan.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/.265616916.html

What a monster duo we have at WR with Stevens and Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Luckily I didnt have to make to many adjustments during the delay. Kept with my gameplan and kept drinking. In the 2nd half, I was not sure if I was to drunk or if I was watching a new team. Glad I stayed from what I remember.

The win streak should be brought up by the SBC right after the 3 wins over P5s in their weekly talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Luckily I didnt have to make to many adjustments during the delay. Kept with my gameplan and kept drinking. In the 2nd half, I was not sure if I was to drunk or if I was watching a new team. Glad I stayed from what I remember.
    I got you beat. I didn't even know about the Lightning Delay. Get back to my seat and there is no clock on the scoreboard, no Quarter indicator. Everybody is just drinking cold beer and b.s.'ing about the other SBC wins of the day. There is no one on the field and I say nothing and continue putting them down. All of a sudden there is a 3min countdown on NEZ board. Cajuns come out of the tunnel and light up 5 scoring drives and 3-4 picks, it was Awesome. I didnt know what the hell happened till it was all over, b/c I was not messing with what happened after that delay, i.e. asking a soul what was going on with that stop in play.

Let's Geaux 16 (Rice)

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    They also didn't announce until a little before play was to resume that fans would be allowed to leave and re-enter the stadium. I know many people who would have gone to tailgate spots and returned. Why not announce it before they left?

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    They also didn't announce until a little before play was to resume that fans would be allowed to leave and re-enter the stadium. I know many people who would have gone to tailgate spots and returned. Why not announce it before they left?
    I had the two young kids in tow who panicked at the announcement of lightning. My plan was to go to the tailgate and come back once it passed but on the way out the gate attendant was really nasty and said "if you leave you can't come back." Kind of a no brainer at that point with the kids. We left and didn't return, then later I heard people were allowed back in.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Yep, I asked at the gate soon after the delay and was told NOPE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information