Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst . 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: G2 Final LGT: Louisiana 49, Eastern Michigan 21

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Eastern Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Weakness.
    Sorry, correct.

Default Re: Final Live Game Talk: Louisiana 49, Eastern Michigan 21

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Another awesome game day thread. How unhinged will this place be when we finally lose a game?

I saw improvement from the QB, DL and LB from game one to game two. As has been stated by many others, the OL is bad. Almost no push for most of the game. Still too many drops by WR, but it looks like a talented group. We will probably end up being a pass first team this year.
    I share the concern about the OL. That concern was alleviated somewhat when the big backs started getting more carries on the early downs. They pushed the pile forward allowing 2nd and 3rd down to be manageable. Chris Smith’s 20 yard TD run may have been one of the best of his career. Kept his feet moving, broke a couple of tackles and used his speed at the end. COmpetition from Kibodi and Williams is a good thing. QB’s also made quicker decisions where to go with the ball in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I share the concern about the OL. That concern was alleviated somewhat when the big backs started getting more carries on the early downs. They pushed the pile forward allowing 2nd and 3rd down to be manageable. Chris Smith’s 20 yard TD run may have been one of the best of his career. Kept his feet moving, broke a couple of tackles and used his speed at the end. COmpetition from Kibodi and Williams is a good thing. QB’s also made quicker decisions where to go with the ball in the second half.
    I agree, that run by Chris Smith could very well be his best run on offense. There weren't many broken tackles last night (by all the backs). They run hard, no doubt, I see the effort, but the result is very average at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner
    12/13, 169 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
    Fields: 10/21 (think he started something like 4/11, so nice rebound), 141 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
    Rebound? You do realize that he had 4 or 5 drops? For whatever reason, the guys, except Fields, came out very tight.

The defense has not dropped off as much as I thought they would from last year. They are fine.

Offense needs tweaking. The OL needs to grow up. Just gonna take time. The 2 young RBs need to be more decisive. Too much dancing before contact. We need more deep passes early. Starting the game with dink and dunk crap needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Rebound? You do realize that he had 4 or 5 drops? For whatever reason, the guys, except Fields, came out very tight.
    It’s still a nice rebound. Drops or not, starting 4/11 with numerous 3 and outs can get in the head of a QB. So yeah, Fields did a damn good job in keeping focused and having one hell of a second half.

Both QB's did something at Cajun Field that I haven't seen in a long time. They took shots down field, and they weren't jump balls.

Anyone know where I can watch a replay of last night's game? I was on a date with my wife last night and with the rain delay making the game go longer, I couldn't keep watching past the 3 minute mark in the 3rd quarter. I checked the score after it was over to see we scored 28 more points and was shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard 1280 View Post
    Anyone know where I can watch a replay of last night's game? I was on a date with my wife last night and with the rain delay making the game go longer, I couldn't keep watching past the 3 minute mark in the 3rd quarter. I checked the score after it was over to see we scored 28 more points and was shocked.
    I was on a date with my wife last night too. I took her to the football game and fed her all The food she wanted.

I can’t tell if this is satire or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I can’t tell if this is satire or not.
    Um, not sure why that would be satire. Date with my wife part?

Not satire.

Um, not sure why that would be satire. Date with my wife part?

Not satire.
    Should have made date night at Cajun Field, maybe ?

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Should have made date night at Cajun Field, maybe ?
    That would have been great if I didn't live in Round Rock.

14. Default Re: Final Live Game Talk: Louisiana 49, Eastern Michigan 21

That would have been great if I didn't live in Round Rock.
    Round Rock is a nice place and it sports a hell of a nice minor league baseball field.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I agree, that run by Chris Smith could very well be his best run on offense. There weren't many broken tackles last night (by all the backs). They run hard, no doubt, I see the effort, but the result is very average at this point.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we see a bit more Drelyn against rice

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst . 33 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread Information