Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread: G2 Final LGT: Louisiana 49, Eastern Michigan 21

Default Re: Final Live Game Talk: Louisiana 49, Eastern Michigan 21

Some more observations from last night, as I watch the game again.

1. 1H sucked balls

2. This offense is using the middle of the field: shallow, mid and deep. Yes, that means TE's, but we saw a couple of slants and slot receivers crossing, as well.

3. Rotated a lot of OL this game. I didn't see him, but I believe Jay said that Burton was dressed out.

4. Gosh we have depth and speed on defense. Again, Ossai impressed me and Guidry catching that RB from behind is fun to watch.

5. We are lucky to have two really productive QBs. Who starts is unimportant to me. They bring different things to the table and the opponent may dictate who is the better fit for that game.

6. With the starting schedule softer than usual, I believe the coaching staff is using this as an opportunity to get reps for a lot of players and get rotations solid for the meat of conference play.

7. Lance Legendre caught a pass as a TE. If CMD can massage a two QB system and take fantastic athletes that want to be a QB and convince them the right thing for them is to move positions, we will have someone very special as a HC.

KC Ossai balled the heck out last night. With him and kaliep here the next 3 years, the lbs will continue to be a strength

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Eastern Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Wooldridge: 12/13, 169 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
    Fields: 10/21 (think he started something like 4/11, so nice rebound), 141 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
    Wooldridge stats are really good. Fields had 4 drops early, which didn't help him. QB's are a strength on this team. OL/RB's seem to be the weekness. We need a lot of improvement on the running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Wooldridge: 12/13, 169 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
    Fields: 10/21 (think he started something like 4/11, so nice rebound), 141 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs
    Fields was not helped out by dropped passes and poor offensive play calls. Most of that production for Woolridge was in the second half after the coaches got their heads out of their asses.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    Was there really anyone that wanted LL not to start the last 2 years?
    There were lots.

Cajunrunner was not amongst that group, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Does anyone want to take back some of those very ugly posts in the first 21 pages?
    I didn't make any "ugly" posts in the first half but I won't take back anything I said for sure as there was nothing uglier said than what we saw in the first half of last night.

7. Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. Eastern Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I didn't make any "ugly" posts in the first half but I won't take back anything I said for sure as there was nothing uglier said than what we saw in the first half of last night.
    I hope you enjoyed your alternate choice of entertainment when things were not going so good with the Cajuns

Anybody have a good analysis on what the heck was going on in the first half, and what adjustments were made to ball out the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Wooldridge stats are really good. Fields had 4 drops early, which didn't help him. QB's are a strength on this team. OL/RB's seem to be the weekness. We need a lot of improvement on the running game.
    Weakness.

Another awesome game day thread. How unhinged will this place be when we finally lose a game?

I saw improvement from the QB, DL and LB from game one to game two. As has been stated by many others, the OL is bad. Almost no push for most of the game. Still too many drops by WR, but it looks like a talented group. We will probably end up being a pass first team this year.

11. Default Re: Final Live Game Talk: Louisiana 49, Eastern Michigan 21

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    Another awesome game day thread. How unhinged will this place be when we finally lose a game?

I saw improvement from the QB, DL and LB from game one to game two. As has been stated by many others, the OL is bad. Almost no push for most of the game. Still too many drops by WR, but it looks like a talented group. We will probably end up being a past first team this year.
    It was way more unhinged last year and we only lost one game.

The 49 scored by the Cajuns after halftime is the most scored in the second half since at least 1944.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yep. 454. I was pretty close at the end. We showed as I expected at the end we were a much better team.
    You'd have mad credibility had you answered that question in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post

I saw improvement from the QB, DL and LB from game one to game two. As has been stated by many others, the OL is bad. Almost no push for most of the game. Still too many drops by WR, but it looks like a talented group. We will probably end up being a pass first team this year.
    Lose a game? We don’t do that round here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Lose a game? We don’t do that round here!!
    All we do is win!!!!!

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst . 32 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 LastLast

Thread Information