Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Default Re: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'm not sure Hub would be a great choice as Director...lots of politics and the contacts at the corporate level regionally and nationally are needed. HOWEVER....He would be golden on the local large donations, tickets, getting outreach with student and recent grads joining RCAF as well as the thousands of neglected fans who would give $50 to $1500 a month.
    Thousands of fans would give $1500 per month? I doubt that. We can't get thousand to give $50 per year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Mark Huspeth was a promoter and the right guy at the right time. He is right, he made you feel like part of the program. He engaged everyone and he was willing to speak anywhere at any time. It started earlier for me and some friends as he had us chasing cases of peanut butter around town for the players snack table his first season. The New Athletic Building, Offices and Weightroom would not have been built without him. He helped raise a ton of money for that project.

I spoke to him recently at a friend's funeral here in Lafayette and he said many of the same things concerning his regrets and the way it ended at UL. A part of me still loves the guy, but things had to change.
    Completely agree. He is exactly who we needed at that particular time and he elevated the program and expectations around it. Brought a big time feel to it which is why I think you had a lot of fan participation at that time. Things had to change and I think he even knows that and has accepted. Don't worry Vic, that is not a dig at Des. We are all happy he's our coach. Don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Thousands of fans would give $1500 per month? I doubt that. We can't get thousand to give $50 per year.
    It's only because no one is asking....besides I'm talking about guys joining at the $50 level up to the $1500 level....misfired on the per month...im still in my Casual Covid fog

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So, give us your fill on how HUD would rank in those areas you describe amongst those who have held the position including the one we have now?
    Vic, At a grass roots level, HUD would hit a home run...and there are Deputy Director positions opened...read the job description for Director, you tell me if even such a person exists who would take the job just based on the structure of RCAF as it is now....Youd have to pay someone $200k a year for the headaches....

5. Default Re: Podcast: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

We can never forget that the offshore service industry was in full bloom when Hud got here. Thousands of complimentary tickets were given away by those companies. Streaming every game wasn’t a thing, but still lots of free games to follow for the casual fans.

Default Re: Podcast: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

The step parent analogy was great!

7. Default Re: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Vic, At a grass roots level, HUD would hit a home run...and there are Deputy Director positions opened...read the job description for Director, you tell me if even such a person exists who would take the job just based on the structure of RCAF as it is now....Youd have to pay someone $200k a year for the headaches....
    So, you saying that such a position is no longer feasible?

Great interview! Hope we have a great crowd to honor that team.

It was an excellent interview by Ragin Review! Coach Hud did an amazing job answering questions honestly, talking directly to his audience, and exciting the listener to support UL. I hope we can secure him or someone like him to lead the RCAF. This is what we need to grow our fan base, become “big time”, and grow of facilities & foundation. Our student athletes deserve this type of hype. I’m all in and ready to geaux!

Interestingly Coach Angie spoke eloquently about fan support at UL, encouraging members to grow the QB club and encouraging Coach Dez. One could tell he had fond memories about his time at UL and follows the program closely. Amazing the impact this area has on many.

I can see nobody wants to address the real reason attendance has been hurt at UL football games as well as just about every other sport. But until we do, it ain't gonna change.

By far, our most consumed interview in the short history of the pod. Thanks to all of you for getting the word out. Let's geaux get this W!!!

See you tonight for postgame LIVE.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    By far, our most consumed interview in the short history of the pod. Thanks to all of you for getting the word out. Let's geaux get this W!!!

How long after the game do y'all start?

14. Default Re: Podcast: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I can see nobody wants to address the real reason attendance has been hurt at UL football games as well as just about every other sport. But until we do, it ain't gonna change.
    As you post without addressing the real reason. C’mon man how we going to fix something you don’t tell us.

15. Default Re: Podcast: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post

Get those hats on correct and soar with the eagles.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information