Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Podcast: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Default Re: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    This interview right here should show the UL communications department how professional Josh, Nick and Gerry are. It is sickening that UL doesn't allow head coaches to be on Ragin Review. First class job guys!
    Agreed. To be able to take a polarizing figure, talk about controversial topics, but still keep it fair and professional shows skill.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    LOL....I almost spit out my coffee.
    M$M is on a roll in this thread.

3. Default Re: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Agreed. To be able to take a polarizing figure, talk about controversial topics, but still keep it fair and professional shows skill.
    There is no doubt that the skill is there . . . its the trust that is not . . . nobody trusts a professional with its hat on backwards . . .

Man, this was so good! You guys did such a great job in really making an interview sound more like 4 friends sitting around reminiscing, rather than a corporation pressing out an antiseptic boring interview. As fans, we've needed this....Ragin Review....for so long. Looking forward to seeing this thing shoot to the moon! As I told you last night MAT, you 3 guys have the perfect mix of personalities and perspectives. It just works!

5. Default Re: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

I can’t say this often enough. RaginReview is exactly what the athletic department needs, and has never had before. You can listen live or delayed on your commuting time, or yard work. It’s about the Cajuns exclusively.

Jay tried that with Cajuns Only a few years back but it didn’t stand the test of time on the 100 watt AM station. Hell you couldn’t catch it everywhere in Lafayette parish. This of course is WORLD WIDE.

We have to give BWK credit here. We were dabbling in YouTube but his pep talk really pushed us over the edge. It has paid dividends with regard to getting the interviews and episodes out to Cajun Nation. BTW, all of your interactions have been incredible. Keep spreading the word and please please subscribe to the YouTube channel. Once we hit 100 subscribers, we have more search-ability options and our SEO becomes much more optimized.

Very happy about the mission finally becoming clear: This podcast is meant to serve our fans. Full stop. We needed it, we deserve it and our athletic programs will benefit tremendously from it.

I think part of the reason for the coach interview policies is the Learfield contract. Pretty sure credentialed media requirement is part of issue as well.

Supposedly all the coaches would agree to the Ragin review interviews, including Coach Marlin. Don’t know it that is true but I have heard as such. University policy does not allow it.

9. Default Re: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I think part of the reason for the coach interview policies is the Learfield contract. Pretty sure credentialed media requirement is part of issue as well.
    It started years ago under David Walker.

To make a longer story short, Bustle agreed to do an interview with me but David Walker nixed it and a month later my sideline credentials were revoked.

App state is also a learfield school and their coaches jump on podcast.

We asked that question. It has nothing to do with it.

Supposedly all the coaches would agree to the Ragin review interviews, including Coach Marlin. Don’t know it that is true but I have heard as such. University policy does not allow it.
    Well the university needs to get out of it's own way & quit being its own worst enemy then. If UL doesn't see the value in it's name being splattered all across the internet & you tube, then they are not very bright boys & girls. You know, to be a so called school of business, they sure don't know jack crap about how to promote their own brand. You want to talk about bad optics, this is about as bad as it gets. If I didn't know better & I don't know better, I would sweat this university wants to stay a small time penny ante school. I'm sorry I have to say it. But the facts are just too overwhelming to say otherwise.

By the way. I saw the NFL network advertise the game last night. They did use the proper name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Well the university needs to get out of it's own way & quit being its own worst enemy then. If UL doesn't see the value in it's name being splattered all across the internet & you tube, then they are not very bright boys & girls. You know, to be a so called school of business, they sure don't know jack crap about how to promote their own brand. You want to talk about bad optics, this is about as bad as it gets. If I didn't know better & I don't know better, I would sweat this university wants to stay a small time penny ante school. I'm sorry I have to say it. But the facts are just too overwhelming to say otherwise.
    Its all about controlling the narrative, a Dr. A Legacy...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Its all about controlling the narrative, a Dr. A Legacy...
    In the mean time, your stunting the growth & causing the organics of the product to develop a cancerous growth against itself until it wilts by an ugly death. Haven't all of us who are old enough already witnessed this event occur first hand? Word to the powers that be in Martin Hall wake the hell up. It's time to try a different method. Listen to the HUD interview & learn something from that man. He was the best thing that ever happened to this school when you think about it. And it's time for this school to quit worrying about who's toes they step on & get up & dance. Controlling the narrative is unamerican. Growing your product by whatever means necessary is as American as apple pie.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information