Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcast: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Default Re: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

when he says the fans felt like they were friends he is dead on. its also why so many people felt let down after the locker room fiasco sanctions and arrest thing. i still find myself liking him. remind me again why these guys cant interview our coaches? these questions are better than the garbage we have on radio here. seemed like the guys had a relationship with coach in the past but werent scared to ask the man a real question. and he answered

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post
    when he says the fans felt like they were friends he is dead on. its also why so many people felt let down after the locker room fiasco sanctions and arrest thing. i still find myself liking him. remind me again why these guys cant interview our coaches? these questions are better than the garbage we have on radio here. seemed like the guys had a relationship with coach in the past but werent scared to ask the man a real question. and he answered
    What? You don’t like hearing if coach Des likes the beastie boys?

3. Default Re: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Maybe you guys can do the same thing with coach Bustle. He brought us out of the disaster that was Baldwin.
    Excellent idea.

Especially since his son has come full circle.

Maybe you guys can do the same thing with coach Bustle. He brought us out of the disaster that was Baldwin.
    Great Idea!!! Bring back the 2005 team one game this year which ended the season on a 5 game winning streak, finished 6-5, was our first winning season in 10 years at the time. Just missed the re located NOLA bowl in Lafayette. In 2005 UL was the Sun-Belt Conference Co-Champions. I remember that win against ULM to end the season. We really thought we were bowl bound, but some weird tie breaker gave it to Arkansas State who played Southern Miss in that bowl

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Great Idea!!! Bring back the 2005 team one game this year which ended the season on a 5 game winning streak, finished 6-5, was our first winning season in 10 years at the time. Just missed the re located NOLA bowl in Lafayette. In 2005 UL was the Sun-Belt Conference Co-Champions. I remember that win against ULM to end the season. We really thought we were bowl bound, but some weird tie breaker gave it to Arkansas State who played Southern Miss in that bowl
    We took over the student section in Malone that year. Good times

I would like to hear from Peanut Tilman, Brandon Stokeley, Brian Mitchel, Bobby Pascal and Tyrell Fenroy to name a few.

I would like to hear from Peanut Tilman, Brandon Stokeley, Brian Mitchel, Bobby Pascal and Tyrell Fenroy to name a few.
    We are working on a few of those names already, Mr. D. And a few more as well. The grind never stops!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    We are working on a few of those names already, Mr. D. And a few more as well. The grind never stops!
    Great. It would be nice to get a few stories from them and just to see how they are doing.

From a publicity standpoint and fan interaction, the Ragin Review podcasts are the best thing that has happened to UL Athletics in a long, long, long time. I look forward to viewing all of them on YouTube.

Funny you should mention Tyrell Fenroy. He was the most anti-interview student-athlete I've ever covered. He would schedule his classes during the noon hour every fall so he wouldn't have to go to the media luncheons.

When Tony Bernard did the mosaic of Tyrell, they had a little thing at Louisiana Hot Stuff. Tyrell was there. I introduced Tony who talked about the portrait and presented a framed one to Tyrell. I said (knowing what would happen) that Tyrell was going to say a few words. He bolted for the door and I had to grab him.

I saw him at the City Court building yesterday and we chatted for a bit. Last time I had seen him he was directing traffic on Johnston the day of Robe's funeral. He's coaching at BBHS now and is enjoying himself.

11. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    From a publicity standpoint and fan interaction, the Ragin Review podcasts are the best thing that has happened to UL Athletics in a long, long, long time. I look forward to viewing all of them on YouTube.
    Instead of supporting RaginReview the university throws out straw men claiming they hurt the athletic department and in directly the university.

If CMD, Big Fish, or Deggs don’t want to appear on their podcast they don’t have to go. Instead they’d give their right nut to get that kind of positive access to the fan base. Well maybe not Big Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    This is exactly why these guys needed you tube & any UL fans should be supporting them on you tube. The interview was incredible & it brought back so many great memories & not so great memories to me. Like the night of the first new Orleans bowl when yous guys were at the game & I was stuck on a cruise ship leaving new Orleans & having to watch on television & the reception went out the second after SDSU scored to go up in the game. Then getting home to see all the roaming charges on my phone from texting & calling people at the game & watching the game on TV so I could find out everything that had happened & getting my ass robbed for going on that stupid cruise.

Okay, I'm getting off track here. But Yeah, those were shinning times. And Coach Hud still glows with that love for Lafayette. It was easy to see it there. And he was so honest. When you can get a guy to be honest in an interview, that is about the greatest compliment you can get. Good job guys.

And don't forget, if you go to you tube to watch hit the subscribe & like buttons.

14. Default Re: Ragin Review EXCLUSIVE: Coach Mark Hudspeth

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Funny you should mention Tyrell Fenroy. He was the most anti-interview student-athlete I've ever covered. He would schedule his classes during the noon hour every fall so he wouldn't have to go to the media luncheons.

When Tony Bernard did the mosaic of Tyrell, they had a little thing at Louisiana Hot Stuff. Tyrell was there. I introduced Tony who talked about the portrait and presented a framed one to Tyrell. I said (knowing what would happen) that Tyrell was going to say a few words. He bolted for the door and I had to grab him.

I saw him at the City Court building yesterday and we chatted for a bit. Last time I had seen him he was directing traffic on Johnston the day of Robe's funeral. He's coaching at BBHS now and is enjoying himself.
    Another useless book, I assume . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    What? You don’t like hearing if coach Des likes the beastie boys?
    LOL....I almost spit out my coffee.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information