Thread: CFP 2026 Sunbelt Conference

UL Football CFP 2026 Sunbelt Conference

I was thinking that in 2026 the Cajuns have a great shot of making the playoffs. Cincy, Houston, UCF and BYU will be in the Big12 so we wont have to worry about them being in the AAC. The only other power G5 teams left are UL, App State., Coastal Carolina, Boise State and Fresno State, Maybe(Marshal). I'm sure i'm missing a couple. The Sunbelt in my opinion should be the best G5 conference by far than any other giving us that guaranteed Top 6th conference spot. What do ya'll think?

2. Default Re: CFP 2026 Sunbelt Conference

I like your logic.

Lets do it!

Default Re: CFP 2026 Sunbelt Conference

Quote Originally Posted by thecajunitalian View Post
    I was thinking that in 2026 the Cajuns have a great shot of making the playoffs. Cincy, Houston, UCF and BYU will be in the Big12 so we wont have to worry about them being in the AAC. The only other power G5 teams left are UL, App State., Coastal Carolina, Boise State and Fresno State, Maybe(Marshal). I'm sure i'm missing a couple. The Sunbelt in my opinion should be the best G5 conference by far than any other giving us that guaranteed Top 6th conference spot. What do ya'll think?
    I'm thinking the same way. All these team all fighting each other can only benefit us in the long run. I can see where the ones not at the top are gonna wanna start scheduling better to slide into those last at large bids.

Quote Originally Posted by thecajunitalian View Post
    For the time being I think we're still going to be behind the Mtn. West and probably the AAC. The reason why is that our middle to bottom teams are usually significantly worse than theirs. Teams like Tx. State and ULM who can't get their **** together are going to murder our chances.

I can envision a scenario where that 6th spot could create another round of realignment among G5 schools. I can see the Top AAC/Mtn. West/SBC schools deciding to break away and form their own conference just to ensure they get that spot every year.

Irony.Cincy, Houston,UCF all have better odds of reaching the 2026 playoff in the current AAC. Odds of one of those t
    3 winning conf each year is very high. In Big 12its a much harder crap shoot with TCU,TTU,OSU,ISU & Baylor.possibly even KSU

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Irony.Cincy, Houston,UCF all have better odds of reaching the 2026 playoff in the current AAC. Odds of one of those t
    3 winning conf each year is very high. In Big 12its a much harder crap shoot with TCU,TTU,OSU,ISU & Baylor.possibly even KSU
    Good point. I think an undefeated SBC champ would have a good shot.

Thread Information