Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ASAP BS

Default Re: ASAP BS

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just playing devils advocate here and for the record, I have never used ASAP. Would our opinions change if we hear that ASAP also gave an NIL deal to a UL player?

Reason I bring this up, is I was furious at Albertson's when I saw what I saw on Monday. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt because I have heard for years that they have a great selection of UL gear and they do this and they do that. But just selling UL gear is not a way of supporting UL. If all of a sudden I heard that Albertson's was doing the same for UL and LSU then I would be more likely to give them a 2nd chance, I doubt they will, but it would be something I would consider. But right now they are on my _____ list as well as ASAP.
    ASAP does a UL sponsorship deal. Saw they gave away a "Tailgate of the Game" winner for the Southeastern game. Announcement said use code "CAJUNS22" on your next order for a chance to win.

Need a delivery service? Utilize ROAD RUNNER. It is a UL graduate and veteran owned business. Just saying…

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just playing devils advocate here and for the record, I have never used ASAP. Would our opinions change if we hear that ASAP also gave an NIL deal to a UL player?

Reason I bring this up, is I was furious at Albertson's when I saw what I saw on Monday. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt because I have heard for years that they have a great selection of UL gear and they do this and they do that. But just selling UL gear is not a way of supporting UL. If all of a sudden I heard that Albertson's was doing the same for UL and LSU then I would be more likely to give them a 2nd chance, I doubt they will, but it would be something I would consider. But right now they are on my _____ list as well as ASAP.
    Not from a performance standpoint. Their fees are horrendous. I typically pay between $25-40 in taxes and fees per order because I order for 4 people generally. A $40 pizza village order will cost over $70. It's crazy. And, the restaurants have to increase their prices just to cover the fees they have to pay to ASAP so you pay more all the way around. Doordash has been our preferred service lately and it wouldn't change anything no matter how many athletes ASAP covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    It's amazing that a company that claims to specialize in delivery, chooses to support a team and players that failed to deliver last Sunday!
    You win the internet today, sir!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You win the internet today, sir!
    He's pushing for poster of the year. Been spot on & salty as hell lately.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Not from a performance standpoint. Their fees are horrendous. I typically pay between $25-40 in taxes and fees per order because I order for 4 people generally. A $40 pizza village order will cost over $70. It's crazy. And, the restaurants have to increase their prices just to cover the fees they have to pay to ASAP so you pay more all the way around. Doordash has been our preferred service lately and it wouldn't change anything no matter how many athletes ASAP covered.
    ASAP (previously known as Waitr). when I was in the business and signed up for them as a restaurant owner you paid around 1500 for hardware etc. and then a precentage of the sales. Don't remember the exact number (probably around 10%) but we viewed it as worthwhile and more of an opportunity to market and scale the business than anything else. Then they started coming up with new contracts and higher percentages but the kicker was the contract you signed said you could not charge more for their service. So whatever you charged for dining in was the max you could charge for their service. Most restaurants have very slim margins. When they did that was when Waitr hit a brick wall. Lots of customers, including us, told them to bit it and dropped them. Obviously the policy changed. In general the delivery services across the board now charge a 20-30% fee on top of the restaurants "normal" prices to the restuarant. They can then tack on even more fees to the customer ultimately bringing their margins into the 35-50% range. Of course you also want to tip the delivery person.so

p.s. - Waitr was started in Lake Charles and then moved headquarters to Lafayette as they were scaling up. Pretty sure that anyone who was part of the original startup is long gone at this stage.

7. Default Re: ASAP BS

He clarifies in the article but check out how deceitfully vague this 1420 headline is.

"Order Home Delivery, Help a Student Athlete in Louisiana"

How about Acadian ambulance having a LSU player on their commercial? I know he is from Lafayette, whatever his name is, but they could also use a UL player. Acadian - Cajun seems to go together.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    How about Acadian ambulance having a LSU player on their commercial? I know he is from Lafayette, whatever his name is, but they could also use a UL player. Acadian - Cajun seems to go together.
    That's such bad marketing, it's not funny AA should be ashamed, especially when you consider how many UL grads work there balance in messaging sorely needed

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    That's such bad marketing, it's not funny AA should be ashamed, especially when you consider how many UL grads work there balance in messaging sorely needed
    Acadian Ambulance probably doesn’t care. Can’t really boycott them….

11. Default Re: ASAP BS

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    ASAP (previously known as Waitr). when I was in the business and signed up for them as a restaurant owner you paid around 1500 for hardware etc. and then a precentage of the sales. Don't remember the exact number (probably around 10%) but we viewed it as worthwhile and more of an opportunity to market and scale the business than anything else. Then they started coming up with new contracts and higher percentages but the kicker was the contract you signed said you could not charge more for their service. So whatever you charged for dining in was the max you could charge for their service. Most restaurants have very slim margins. When they did that was when Waitr hit a brick wall. Lots of customers, including us, told them to bit it and dropped them. Obviously the policy changed. In general the delivery services across the board now charge a 20-30% fee on top of the restaurants "normal" prices to the restuarant. They can then tack on even more fees to the customer ultimately bringing their margins into the 35-50% range. Of course you also want to tip the delivery person.so

p.s. - Waitr was started in Lake Charles and then moved headquarters to Lafayette as they were scaling up. Pretty sure that anyone who was part of the original startup is long gone at this stage.
    My experience was from the other end.

Waitr put me out of business.

I had Dwight's as a web ordering client and had set them up with an online ordering system.

They went to a trade show in, I think Chicago and found Waitr at a booth (I forgot they were from Lake Charles) and that put me out of the online ordering business. Then they went with Town Square for their main website.

Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post

They are. We know a couple of the original investors. They were smart and took their money and ran.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    There are a few reasons for this. The player's father works for Acadian. Acadian's membership program is for there entire service area in Louisiana which a large portion is Baton Rouge, Northshore and New Orleans area, it is not only Acadiana. Acadian Ambulance is not anti UL--they previously had campaigns where they would match their employees donation to RCAF. They also have donated large sums for several projects including the baseball stadium.

14. Default Re: ASAP BS

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfever View Post
    There are a few reasons for this. The player's father works for Acadian. Acadian's membership program is for there entire service area in Louisiana which a large portion is Baton Rouge, Northshore and New Orleans area, it is not only Acadiana. Acadian Ambulance is not anti UL--they previously had campaigns where they would match their employees donation to RCAF. They also have donated large sums for several projects including the baseball stadium.
    It is unbelievable how the behind the scenes agenda could change with just a few of the pertinent facts.

Just like the observation that while it is great that Hud and his 2011 team are coming to celebrate for the game this weekend, all I indicated was to not loose track of the fact that we currently have a first year head coach that is trying to punch all the right buttons for himself, the university, its fans and players. Nothing more nothing less. But the forever cheese eaters are having a field day with things like:

Hud is not here to take Des's place

Hud is supportive of Des

. . .

Anyone following along those lines just don't have it and probably never will. That is ok also.

15. Default Re: ASAP BS

They opened their business in Lafayette, and expanded their service area. There’s not one valid reason why they can’t include UL in Acadiana every single year, unless UL has a contract with another service thereby excluding them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information