Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Non UL related college thought

1. Default Re: Non UL related college thought

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So in college football every team is only going to be as good as they were last season? That is just not sound logic to me. I don't think it will happen. But there is a possibility of Southern upsetting UBR. I just don't seeUBR blowing Southern out. I don't see UBR blowing anyone out this season.
    No, but they aren't going from a terrible team to beating a P5 or even hanging with a P5 overnight. Southern is not a good football team, not even in G5 and not even in FCS and not even in comparison to just HBCU's. They are just not that good. LSU will beat them by 50 this weekend and believe me I would love to be wrong, but it aint happening. You can not compare the talent LSU has all over the field to the talent that Southern has.

Let's just take arguably LSU's worst position player (QB), LSU looked awful against FSU at the QB position. The kid that is starting for LSU (Jayden Daniels) was a 4 star QB out of HS rated as a 97 out of 100, while the starter at Southern (Besean McCray) was a 2 Star QB out of HS rated as a 75 out of 100. McCray is a 6'0" 180 lb QB, Daniels is a 6'3 200 lb QB. That is the closest at almost any position a Southern player will compare to an LSU player.

If this game is within 50 points, I will be surprised.

2. Default Re: Non UL related college thought

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    I believe I made a post about Jackson State last year regarding their level of play. I saw them play in person twice and wasn’t the least bit impressed. Go look at the box score when they played ULMost. I couldn’t wait for the game to finish. They are not good. No matter how many points they put up against Sisters of the Blind, they’ll get smacked once they play a solid team.
    This, Jackson State was light years ahead of Southern last year as a football team and has tons more talent and could not beat a really bad ULM team. That game was hard to watch, now JSU did play better later in the year vs other HBCU and FCS teams. They would be what I would call a very good HBCU team and a much better than average FCS team, but if this team would have played NDSU or JMU last year they would have been blown off the field. They probably compare to a SLU and/or Nicholls who were more of a 1st/2nd round FCS playoff team.

Default Re: Non UL related college thought

So in college football every team is only going to be as good as they were last season? That is just not sound logic to me. I don't think it will happen. But there is a possibility of Southern upsetting UBR. I just don't seeUBR blowing Southern out. I don't see UBR blowing anyone out this season.
    You're smoking something really good if you think Southern has a chance to win this week. Want to know how bad their opponent was last week? They are only in their 3rd year of existence.
    2020 : 0-3 (Outscored 53-4)
    2021 : 2-9
    2022 : 1-1 (Beat Div II Edward Waters who has averaged 2.14 wins per season in their 14 year existence)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    No, but they aren't going from a terrible team to beating a P5 or even hanging with a P5 overnight. Southern is not a good football team, not even in G5 and not even in FCS and not even in comparison to just HBCU's. They are just not that good. LSU will beat them by 50 this weekend and believe me I would love to be wrong, but it aint happening. You can not compare the talent LSU has all over the field to the talent that Southern has.

Let's just take arguably LSU's worst position player (QB), LSU looked awful against FSU at the QB position. The kid that is starting for LSU (Jayden Daniels) was a 4 star QB out of HS rated as a 97 out of 100, while the starter at Southern (Besean McCray) was a 2 Star QB out of HS rated as a 75 out of 100. McCray is a 6'0" 180 lb QB, Daniels is a 6'3 200 lb QB. That is the closest at almost any position a Southern player will compare to an LSU player.

If this game is within 50 points, I will be surprised.
    Exactly. And think about this, as schitty as lsu was last year they should have beat Alabama.

5. Default Re: Non UL related college thought

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Exactly. And think about this, as schitty as lsu was last year they should have beat Alabama.
    Yep, other teams they almost beat besides Alabama were:

Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas not to mention they beat Florida and Texas A&M. Southern would lose by 50 to every one of the teams mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yep, other teams they almost beat besides Alabama were:

Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas not to mention they beat Florida and Texas A&M. Southern would lose by 50 to every one of the teams mentioned above.
    You keep making one mistake Dave. You keep looking backward. This UBR team is worse than they have been in a long long time. That includes last season. My contention is IF the administration had laid off of Orgeron & not been intent on ambushing him at every turn until dead. Had they rallied to help him bridge the gap with his players during the BLM covid year, And had they not been so quick to car jack him & leave him on the side of the road for dead, he would have already turned it around last season & been on the comeback trail this season.

But the arrogance of UBR fan is that they look at Tuscaloosa & think they are capable of having that type of football factory year in & year out. And they simply were not & are not able to do that. Brian Kelly has come in over there & gotten rid of every single bit of their tradition. In doing that he also hauled their swagger right out the door & sent it to the dumpster. He might have been a great coach in the past, but to me he looks like a deer in the headlights who realizes he stepped into a pile of something over his head & he doesn't have the first clue of how to get out of it. That team has in no way hit bottom, yet. But they are due. Once again, I am in no way saying Southern will win this game. But I don't see LSU being capable of putting that many drives together & stopping anyone enough times in a game to blow out anyone on their schedule. I think Southern scores a couple of touchdowns & a field goal & LSU doesn't score more than 5 TDs. I'm thinking 31-17 or maybe 38-17. But 38 plus point favorites for this team is just way too much. They are a bad poorly coached football team.

I am not getting into this argument, I mean discussion, but I love the UBR label.

C'mon Kyle. This is just silly. If you wanna put money on that Southern upset, lemme know. I'm sure everyone here wants in on that action, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    C'mon Kyle. This is just silly. If you wanna put money on that Southern upset, lemme know. I'm sure everyone here wants in on that action, too.
    No, y'all got me too scared to bet. And you know what they say. Scared money don't make money. I will say this though. How sweet would it be for the Mighty tiggers if the team that had the greatest season in the history of college football just three years ago ended up not being the best team in their own town?

10. Default Re: Non UL related college thought

No, y'all got me too scared to bet. And you know what they say. Scared money don't make money. I will say this though. How sweet would it be for the Mighty tiggers if the team that had the greatest season in the history of college football just three years ago ended up not being the best team in their own town?
    Virtually nothing material has happened when they were not the best team in their own state for the past 2 years, so, help with how sweet that would be?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Virtually nothing material has happened when they were not the best team in their own state for the past 2 years, so, help with how sweet that would be?
    To not be the best team in their own town? We're talking baton rouge here, not the state. I can tell you there are about 200k people in baton rouge who would go crazy happy & another 400k who would drive to the top of the Horace Wilkinson bridge to jump off. It would be the most epic melt down in CFB history. Top that off with another UL win for 15 in a row & if that doesn't give you instant diabetes then your metabolism is insane.

By what authority Policarp? What has you in this frame of mind? I'm thinking take the 38 & a hook. UBR has the opportunity to be historically bad this season.
    Look at other SWAC scores vs FBS. They are all getting absolutely hammered by even low level FBS competition. It's a complete mismatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Look at other SWAC scores vs FBS. They are all getting absolutely hammered by even low level FBS competition. It's a complete mismatch.
    Policarp, you used to be my favorite all time kids show celebrity. But you're neg repping now. Curses on your reality check. Let me dream a bit. BTW, remember the bit that Policarp did about the pizza pie?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information