Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Hud is Coming Home

1. Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

CMD doesn’t need protection from Hud zealots. He doesn’t need protection period. I’m saying, much as Hud said, we have a great unique cULture. It’s just a shame too many people fail to recognize how great Lafayette is, and forget to support the university that puts much of the income in their pockets.

Geaux Cajuns stomp the ECU whatever’s.

Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Shouldn’t be a problem. In the RR review interview, Hud raved about Desormeaux and said he was 100% the right hire. He actually hired him for his first college gig .
    And it isn't a problem. People were enjoying hearing from a respected ex head coach and Vic can't help himself. It's all good.

3. Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    And it isn't a problem. People were enjoying hearing from a respected ex head coach and Vic can't help himself. It's all good.
    Just another post about Vic. No substance.

4. Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Just another post about Vic. No substance.
    Does it give you satisfaction or dismay that there is such a long line of historical posts "just about you" after you post on various topics?

5. Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Does it give you satisfaction or dismay that there is such a long line of historical posts "just about you" after you post on various topics?
    Not really. It’s amazing that this time it was all generated by you.

PS: The fact is that there is insurmountable evidence here that if you are not legacy you know nothing.

You are threatened that such bothers me not and I will proceed to support the University, it’s players and it’s coaches as they appear today regardless of your legacy posters.

With the group here that politic together, that is well needed for at least some balance.

6. Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

In HUD’s first fall here, we were at an organized Cathedral 8th grade practice in the APC because of rain. As we were starting out, HUD and the football team were leaving.

In front of all his team, he stopped looked into the corner of the APC were we were practicing, pointed out one of the Cathedral dads wearing a PURPLE shirt and said “you, hey you” and once the dad acknowledged HUD, he said in the loudest HUD voice “YOU LOST? THAT UNIVERSITY IS 60 MILES EAST OF HERE” and marched out with his players in tow . . . THAT WAS HUD

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Booster club supplements most HCs. Even happens locally. There’s money in gulf shores
    We are a major university, not a large high school. We expect our RCAF Director to raise millions for facilities, salaries and operating budgets. We need to pay a salary commensurate with that. Pay a great salary plus commissions and hire a staff. No ceiling on his income as UL only benefits from the donations he brings in. HUD was responsible for our facilities and attendance. He got over 50,000 for our first bowl game. He can hype our attendance. He is well known and well liked. Let Des coach and HUD fund raise. Not to mention he can be an added resource for our coaching staff, if asked. Why bring in some outsider who has to start all over building relationships? The past is the past. If we can't beat out a high school salary for Hud, what are we doing as a Division 1 school? We are not ULM or LA Tech for that matter with the lowest budgets in 1A.

Heck, no one knows if he is even interested in giving up coaching, moving back to Lafayette and taking a position like this. But, it is certainly worth exploring rather than writing this off.

We now have the academic credentials major conferences are looking for. We are located in a very strategic area with the #2 team in a most competitive recruiting state. We are a football facility away from having some of the best overall facilities in the country. We are on the nation's longest winning streak. Why do we always seem to fail to strike while the iron is hot?

8. Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

Not really. It’s amazing that this time it was all generated by you.

PS: The fact is that there is insurmountable evidence here that if you are not legacy you know nothing.

You are threatened that such bothers me not and I will proceed to support the University, it’s players and it’s coaches as they appear today regardless of your legacy posters.

With the group here that politic together, that is well needed for at least some balance.
    I only ask because you have dozens and dozens (perhaps hundreds) of "legacy" posts (as you call them) noting "Just another post about Vic."

In that context you have never asked anyone to stop, nor have you thanked them.

So I ask, Do those posts "just about you" give you satisfaction or dismay?

9. Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

Listen to Jeweler. This could, with momentum, be as big a hire as Napier has been for Louisiana athletics. Don’t just brush this under the rug.

Listen to Jeweler. This could, with momentum, be as big a hire as Napier has been for Louisiana athletics. Don’t just brush this under the rug.
    Turbine, can you combine the posts on HUD?

11. Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

I only ask because you have dozens and dozens (perhaps hundreds) of "legacy" posts (as you call them) noting "Just another post about Vic."

Neither. I have just pointed out what they are. They are what they are. Your dismay is misfocussed. It should be with those posters and their agenda. How can I have an agenda with someone else’s post? Now you drinking the koolaid.

12. Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

Neither. I have just pointed out what they are. They are what they are. Your dismay is misfocussed. It should be with those posters and their agenda. How can I have an agenda with someone else’s post? Now you drinking the koolaid.
    I have no dismay on this, I just never noticed if a post was "about me" I only notice if they are "to me" and I miss many of those.

13. Default Re: Coach Hud is Coming Home

I have no dismay on this, I just never noticed if a post was "about me" I only notice if they are "to me" and I miss many of those.
    There are both types, but the lion’s share by certain known posters are about me. You know I love a spirited discussion about sports, or so much one about me . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    We are a major university, not a large high school. We expect our RCAF Director to raise millions for facilities, salaries and operating budgets. We need to pay a salary commensurate with that. Pay a great salary plus commissions and hire a staff. No ceiling on his income as UL only benefits from the donations he brings in. HUD was responsible for our facilities and attendance. He got over 50,000 for our first bowl game. He can hype our attendance. He is well known and well liked. Let Des coach and HUD fund raise. Not to mention he can be an added resource for our coaching staff, if asked. Why bring in some outsider who has to start all over building relationships? The past is the past. If we can't beat out a high school salary for Hud, what are we doing as a Division 1 school? We are not ULM or LA Tech for that matter with the lowest budgets in 1A.

Heck, no one knows if he is even interested in giving up coaching, moving back to Lafayette and taking a position like this. But, it is certainly worth exploring rather than writing this off.

We now have the academic credentials major conferences are looking for. We are located in a very strategic area with the #2 team in a most competitive recruiting state. We are a football facility away from having some of the best overall facilities in the country. We are on the nation's longest winning streak. Why do we always seem to fail to strike while the iron is hot?
    We didn't have over 50,000 for the first bowl game.

Wow.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information