Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Press Conferences

1. Default Re: Press Conferences

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    The athletic department used to put them on their YouTube and on the website but I believe there are only two SIDs covering every sport currently
    They put this one in the link out last week. This week nothing.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cWSuCX_6_3A&t=10s

The one from last week is findable if you know what you are looking for, but the dept. locked it down and won't let an outside of YouTube promotional site use the video.

End result 117 views.

Default Re: Press Conferences

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They put this one in the link out last week. This week nothing.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cWSuCX_6_3A&t=10s

The one from last week is findable if you know what you are looking for, but the dept. locked it down and won't let an outside of YouTube promotional site use the video.

End result 117 views.
    I watched the entire press conference from Coach Dez's presser on Monday a couple of hours after it happened. As someone said earlier, Scott Prather puts it on the ESPN Lafayette Twitter page almost as soon as it ends. Scott's personal Twitter name is @ScottMimic. That is my suggestion for people looking to view the press conference. Also, Kevin Foote does an excellent job of recapping the main points the day after the press conference in his daily UL report found in the Acadiana Advocate. Main point from what was shared yesterday is communication is the biggest improvement need from last Saturday. I often use what I learn in the press conference to come up with what I think is a pertinent QB Club question.

3. Default Re: Press Conferences

Damn we’re a world class secrete society second to none. Read and weep KGB, CIA.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGrad16 View Post
    The athletic department used to put them on their YouTube and on the website but I believe there are only two SIDs covering every sport currently
    I hear what you are saying, but THIS IS FOOTBALL, and what other sport should the SID be covering that’s more important?

W

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I watched the entire press conference from Coach Dez's presser on Monday a couple of hours after it happened. As someone said earlier, Scott Prather puts it on the ESPN Lafayette Twitter page almost as soon as it ends. Scott's personal Twitter name is @ScottMimic. That is my suggestion for people looking to view the press conference. Also, Kevin Foote does an excellent job of recapping the main points the day after the press conference in his daily UL report found in the Acadiana Advocate. Main point from what was shared yesterday is communication is the biggest improvement need from last Saturday. I often use what I learn in the press conference to come up with what I think is a pertinent QB Club question.
    Mike this weeks? I checked Cajuns you tube, espn twitter and Scott’s twitter today and didn’t see it up on any.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    They won't let me embed the presser on RP, neither will they release their recording to any accredited newspaper. If an oaccredited outlet made their own lesser quality recording, then they can do so.

A walled off publicity arm is a fail.
    I know nothing about how media works or the inner workings of any athletic department, so can someone explain to me WHY the athletic department would not allow a public press conference to be shared by anyone that would want to use it. I thought the use of social media was the new wave of promotion and publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I know nothing about how media works or the inner workings of any athletic department, so can someone explain to me WHY the athletic department would not allow a public press conference to be shared by anyone that would want to use it. I thought the use of social media was the new wave of promotion and publicity.
    It's the same small-time bull____ that has always plagued this athletic department, IMO, FWIW, JSYK.

UL won't show you what's behind door one, two, or threebut they will always have that hand out for moneygive, give, give.but please don't ask those questions.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    UL won't show you what's behind door one, two, or threebut they will always have that hand out for moneygive, give, give.but please don't ask those questions.
    I am about to reduce my RCAF and other donation. I will just start donation to specific sports only.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    USL won't show you what's behind door one, two, or threebut they will always have that hand out for moneygive, give, give.but please don't ask those questions.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    FIFY
    LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I am about to reduce my RCAF and other donation. Will start donation to one specific sports only.
    Lemme guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Lemme guess.
    Water ski, they got a Natty!

Anyone find the link to this weeks press conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Anyone find the link to this weeks press conference?
    https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1BdGYyjZqvzGX

Link above is from yesterday's press conference. I know I looked on one from Monday as well. Old news by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information