Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Scheduling

Default Re: Scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    That deal was garbage. Should have been 2 games in Starkville, 1 game in Lafayette and 1 game in the dome. Mississippi St only paid us 500k for the first game and then the superdome game they got 43 percent of the ticket revenue. On top of that UL was responsible for game day costs since it was a “home” game. It was a terrible deal.
    When the deal was signed we were bringing 30-40k to the Superdome for the NOLA Bowl every year. If we would have even brought half of that it would have been a very profitable deal.

Like I said, us fans dropped the ball on this one. We can’t be “big time” with small time fan support.

2. Default Re: Scheduling

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Why do you need a warm-up game against an inferior opponent? You have spring and fall camp to prepare for the season and get ready to play. And the weather Saturday was anything but atrocious, no rain during the game and it wasn't hot. People that need near ideal weather before they come out are not real fans.
    .Warm up game….read some LSU comments of why they need an easier first opponent…a weather man you ain’t——-don’t think I would have made the game if the weather was as bad as 2 hours before or when leaving…know some in the hood that didn’t come because of the WEATHER!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If we didn’t need the money then there would be no reason to play a P5 program.

The goal of the SBC should be to be the 5th or 6th best league to get an auto qualifier. You do that by beating the leagues, in every head to head matchups, that are traditionally +/-1 ranking ahead of you.

Get H&H with the MWC and the AAC. Play the ACC or PAC12 if you want a P5 game.
    This is the best strategy for advancing toward playoff contention. I would add the BIG 12 along with ACC and PAC 12, they will have the most winnable teams. this might not always line up with what SOME fans want for home games. if we have learned anything at this age of life, is you can never satisfy everyone. pick what goals are the most important and build a plan to achieve it.

starting off with the idea that there are 2 spots in the 5th or 6th place CC to fight for instead of just the 6th place conference champ, allow you to plan accordingly. attack the bottom of the P5 and the top closest peer conferences in MWC and AAC. the FCS games are wasteful of the potential opportunity in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanced_view View Post
    This is the best strategy for advancing toward playoff contention. I would add the BIG 12 along with ACC and PAC 12, they will have the most winnable teams. this might not always line up with what SOME fans want for home games. if we have learned anything at this age of life, is you can never satisfy everyone. pick what goals are the most important and build a plan to achieve it.

starting off with the idea that there are 2 spots in the 5th or 6th place CC to fight for instead of just the 6th place conference champ, allow you to plan accordingly. attack the bottom of the P5 and the top closest peer conferences in MWC and AAC. the FCS games are wasteful of the potential opportunity in my eyes.
    This should be Kieth Gill’s memo to every AD and president in the SBC.

Use the system to place a SBC program in the auto bid as often as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    When the deal was signed we were bringing 30-40k to the Superdome for the NOLA Bowl every year. If we would have even brought half of that it would have been a very profitable deal.

Like I said, us fans dropped the ball on this one. We can’t be “big time” with small time fan support.
    That deal was negotiated by Former President/CEO of MidSouth Bancorp Rusty Cloutier in negotiations with the New Orleans Sports Association and Miss State. Mr. Cloutier fronted the money for the ticket guarantees to get the deal done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information