Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EMU Game Week

Default EMU Game Week

Time for a new thread focusing on a new opponent. Please may we be blessed with 3 days of good weather prior to kickoff.

I’m really hoping for improved interior OL play. Our running game take over and grind them down.

More of the same from Chandler Fields. Less drops from our WRs and actual production and targets for Peter Leblance.

Defensively we have to get some pressure on their QB. Dominate the LOS and keep them to less than 40% conversion rate on 3rd downs.

Special teams we need a consistent Kicker.

Default Re: EMU Game Week

I would like to see Chandler in the pocket a little bit more this weekend. We rolled him out so many times against SLU it seemed they knew it was coming and had someone in his face instantly. That first TD strike from the pocket was a great look.

line opened up around 14 and a fairly high over under, vegas thinks its going to be a high scoring game

56.5 o/u

I think we will see some improvements this week in the wide receivers holding on to more passes and hopefully the O-Line will start to gel a little more. As some have said, the line was good on most of the passes, they just need to get better on opening up some holes. On the D, I had expected the line to put more pressure on the opposing teams QB, so that has been a mild disappointment so far. Special teams played (mostly) OK. The only real bad play was kicking the ball out of bound on the kickoff. I know some in the media said we did not kick the field goal at the end of the first half because of the missed 44 yarder, but I don't believe that was the case. I think that Dez wanted to put the game away early with a TD. I think he should have kicked though. (Not just hindsight, I said that at the time.) In any case I expect to see improvements in all of these areas this weekend. I think EMU will be better than a lot of people are giving them credit for, but I expect to win the game. I also think play calling by new coaches will be improving as the year progresses. I think Dez called the offensive plays pretty vanilla last weekend (purposely.) the same could be said for Lamar Morgan on D. I kind of expect both coaches to open up the playbook a little more this weekend. I can't wait to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    56.5 o/u
    I’ll take us -11.5 and the under.

CMD saying the 2-3 series a game for Woolridge is the plan. Ugh…

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    CMD saying the 2-3 series a game for Woolridge is the plan. Ugh…
    *sigh*

Why?

Ticket special for this weekend starting at 9 am this morning until Thursday night 14.00 general admission. For the 14 game win streak.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    *sigh*

Why?
    He needs game reps. I’m not saying I like it or agree with it. But he can be effective.

EMU nearly lost to Eastern Kentucky this past week. They were also outgained by nearly 100 yards. They don't appear to be very potent on offense and they gave up over 6 yards per play and 5 yards per carry on the ground. Hopefully this week we get a better sense of where the rushing game will be moving forward.

Looks like another week with rain every day. I'll be going cut the grass in my tailgate spot & spread some poison one afternoon. Mosquitoes were having a feast on me Saturday.

It was said that this is the first nationally televised game from Cajun field on Saturday night. But I always thought USL Vs. McNeese on ABC was the first .

14. Default Re: EMU Game Week

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Looks like another week with rain every day. I'll be going cut the grass in my tailgate spot & spread some poison one afternoon. Mosquitoes were having a feast on me Saturday.
    .Looking back on things…….1973 I was up in Ypsilanti Mich scouting their game with our upcoming game with Ltur… Damn how so much changes and yet so much the same……Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by ultracajun View Post
    It was said that this is the first nationally televised game from Cajun field on Saturday night. But I always thought USL Vs. McNeese on ABC was the first .
    That was a regional telecast. Back then they did four different games each week.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information