Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: EMU Game Week

Default Re: EMU Game Week

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    EMU nearly lost to Eastern Kentucky this past week. They were also outgained by nearly 100 yards. They don't appear to be very potent on offense and they gave up over 6 yards per play and 5 yards per carry on the ground. Hopefully this week we get a better sense of where the rushing game will be moving forward.
    I think you are partially correct. They were never really in danger of losing as they took at 15 point lead in the fourth quarter. And, they did give up a bunch of yards.

But their QB was 21-30 for 271 and two scores (kid actually was at Troy at one time, but I don't think he played against us.)

Their big back had 89 yards with almost 6 yards per carry.

I think this will be a higher scoring game. But that EMU offense isn't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    EMU nearly lost to Eastern Kentucky this past week. They were also outgained by nearly 100 yards. They don't appear to be very potent on offense and they gave up over 6 yards per play and 5 yards per carry on the ground. Hopefully this week we get a better sense of where the rushing game will be moving forward.
    Lots of the yards gained by EAstern Kentucky were after Eastern Michigan had opened a big lead. Last TD by EKU was with 2 minutes left in game. I am not sure stats from Game 1 are indicative of Eastern Michigan’s capability on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I would like to see Chandler in the pocket a little bit more this weekend. We rolled him out so many times against SLU it seemed they knew it was coming and had someone in his face instantly. That first TD strike from the pocket was a great look.
    "That first TD strike from the pocket was a great look" - that was a bullet to the head

Bad azz throw 18

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    *sigh*

Why?
    Coach Dez said at QB Club he wants the backup ready in case the starter goes dowN. Playing him in real games does that. He is going by his own experience. He admits he was not ready when he had to go in after Jerry Babb was injured early in his playing career. You may not like his reason but now you know the logic behind his decision. Also, personally I did not see much change in the offense when the switch was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coach Dez said at QB Club he wants the backup ready in case the starter goes dowN. Playing him in real games does that. He is going by his own experience. He admits he was not ready when he had to go in after Jerry Babb was injured early in his playing career. You may not like his reason but now you know the logic behind his decision. Also, personally I did not see much change in the offense when the switch was made.
    I don't mind this line of thinking for the first 3 games, but once conference play starts I hope that plan changes and BW10 only gets snaps when the game is out of hand.

I would like to see Chandler in the pocket a little bit more this weekend. We rolled him out so many times against SLU it seemed they knew it was coming and had someone in his face instantly. That first TD strike from the pocket was a great look.
    CF is a very consistent passer. We saw this in the last 2 years. He would come in cold and almost be 100% spot on every time.

The way the OL played this weekend, we might need to pass to open the run.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Time for a new thread focusing on a new opponent. Please may we be blessed with 3 days of good weather prior to kickoff.

I’m really hoping for improved interior OL play. Our running game take over and grind them down.

More of the same from Chandler Fields. Less drops from our WRs and actual production and targets for Peter Leblance.

Defensively we have to get some pressure on their QB. Dominate the LOS and keep them to less than 40% conversion rate on 3rd downs.

Special teams we need a consistent Kicker.
    Touche'

LeBlanc no E.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    CF is a very consistent passer. We saw this in the last 2 years. He would come in cold and almost be 100% spot on every time.

The way the OL played this weekend, we might need to pass to open the run.
    I was critical of OL play but then I rewatched one half of the game on ESPN+ yesterday with the sole purpose of just watching the OL and it looked much better than what I thought. There were holes/gaps for RBs to hit, they just couldn't get past initial contact from LBs in the second level or hit the wrong gap in a zone run scheme.

This commentary from a very amateur-ish football observer btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I don’t mind this logic but I’m hoping B-Dub’s snaps come in mop up duty going forward. Then again I type on a message board about football, so there’s that.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    That was a regional telecast. Back then they did four different games each week.
    Ok thanks. The memory can fade. I think extra lighting had to be brought in to help the broadcast.

CMD saying the 2-3 series a game for Woolridge is the plan. Ugh…
    My sentiments exactly. Do you think it is just for these OOC games and will be just CF the rest of the way? Or more of the rest of the season?

12. Default Re: EMU Game Week

I take the Cajuns -11.5. I'm not convinced it will be a high-scoring game but I have confidence that our defense will prevent them for scoring a ton of points.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I think you are partially correct. They were never really in danger of losing as they took at 15 point lead in the fourth quarter. And, they did give up a bunch of yards.

But their QB was 21-30 for 271 and two scores (kid actually was at Troy at one time, but I don't think he played against us.)

Their big back had 89 yards with almost 6 yards per carry.

I think this will be a higher scoring game. But that EMU offense isn't bad at all.
    They were up 28-17 going into the 4th which to me isn't a situation you scale back on. Either way our offense will hopefully show some signs of improvement against a team that looks like you can move the ball against.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    My sentiments exactly. Do you think it is just for these OOC games and will be just CF the rest of the way? Or more of the rest of the season?
    I don’t recall CMD saying anything about it being for OOC only, but I’d have to listen again to be 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    I don’t mind this logic but I’m hoping B-Dub’s snaps come in mop up duty going forward. Then again I type on a message board about football, so there’s that.
    In his weekly interview with Scott Prather aired this morning, Coach Dez said Ben Woolridge will play at least two series in the game this Saturday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information