Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Albertsons on Ambassador and Kaliste

Default Re: Albertsons on Ambassador and Kaliste

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Is the Boise St. football field still sponsored by Albertson’s?
    I would imagine so. Albertsons is based out of Boise.

Johnston/North College is without question the more pro UL of the store locations in town.

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNJUDO View Post
    Is the Boise St. football field still sponsored by Albertson’s?
    Yes, Boise is the home office.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Albertsons on Johnston at south college has a big selection of Cajun gear. No LSU stuff. I guess it's the individual store. I dunno
    I was in Albertsons on Johnston at south college Saturday morning. They had some cajuns gear but 3 X more LSU stuff.

4. Default Re: Albertsons on Ambassador and Kaliste

Quote Originally Posted by dg71 View Post
    I was in Albertsons on Johnston at south college Saturday morning. They had some cajuns gear but 3 X more LSU stuff.
    Funny thing is the Albertsons on Ambassador and Kaliste has more UL stuff than LSU, it was the fact that they are giving 10% off to LSU gear wearers on game day and can not do the same for UL fans that royally pizzes me off. It's bad enough that you do this for state fans, but the least you can do is both, that is f'n least that can be done. I normally shop and Super 1, Rouses, Heleaux's or Nu Nu's, but again, I only needed a few things and it was the closest, good news for them is that they do not have to worry about me complaining any more, since I won't be back. I know that Albertson's is a big company and they won't miss my business that much, but I have 2 kids, 2 dogs and we have a foster baby with us for the last month. Believe me we can buy some groceries.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Funny thing is the Albertsons on Ambassador and Kaliste has more UL stuff than LSU, it was the fact that they are giving 10% off to LSU gear wearers on game day and can not do the same for UL fans that royally pizzes me off. It's bad enough that you do this for state fans, but the least you can do is both, that is f'n least that can be done. I normally shop and Super 1, Rouses, Heleaux's or Nu Nu's, but again, I only needed a few things and it was the closest, good news for them is that they do not have to worry about me complaining any more, since I won't be back. I know that Albertson's is a big company and they won't miss my business that much, but I have 2 kids, 2 dogs and we have a foster baby with us for the last month. Believe me we can buy some groceries.
    Especially since both had different game days so they could have just run specials each day for each team, no conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by dg71 View Post
    Did you see the section near the check out next to the phamacy. Just cajuns gear.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Did you see the section near the check out next to the phamacy. Just cajuns gear.
    even the one on Johnston St had a lot of puke purple and mustard yellow this weekend where they used to have all UL gear

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I just gave the manager of this Albertsons a piece of my mind. I donÂ’t normally go to Albertsons but it is the closest grocery to my house and I just needed a few things. As I walked in there is a huge sign that says 10% off all groceries for anyone wearing LSU gear on game day. I said why do you guys support LSU and not UL on there game day. She said our store is the official grocery store of the Tigers. And I said this is hugely disappointing that you canÂ’t give the same consideration to the local team. I am not asking you to not support LSU but you should do the same for the Cajuns and informed her that I would not be back in that store ever.
    Hey, they supported UL better than all the other grocers back when. Now UL went with Super 1, what do you expect from them. I bet Super 1 in Baton Rouge ainÂ’t supporting us like in Lafayette though. In BR , you support Lsu or else suffer, here, itÂ’s different. Albertsons still has Cajun clothing, letÂ’s not give them hell for stirring up business.

9. Default Re: Albertsons on Ambassador and Kaliste

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Hey, they supported UL better than all the other grocers back when. Now UL went with Super 1, what do you expect from them. I bet Super 1 in Baton Rouge ain’t supporting us like in Lafayette though. In BR , you support Lsu or else suffer, here, it’s different. Albertsons still has Cajun clothing, let’s not give them hell for stirring up business.
    We throw out the baby with the bath water here.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Hey, they supported UL better than all the other grocers back when. Now UL went with Super 1, what do you expect from them. I bet Super 1 in Baton Rouge ainÂ’t supporting us like in Lafayette though. In BR , you support Lsu or else suffer, here, itÂ’s different. Albertsons still has Cajun clothing, letÂ’s not give them hell for stirring up business.
    UL didn't go with Super One. Super One went with UL.

I’m confused, am I supposed to reach out to Albertsons Communication Dept before posting my opinion on this? Even though I am the consumer, I should probably be concerned with their feelings.

12. Default Re: Albertsons on Ambassador and Kaliste

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    I’m confused, am I supposed to reach out to Albertsons Communication Dept before posting my opinion on this? Even though I am the consumer, I should probably be concerned with their feelings.
    Not at all. But you could worry about how much trashing here could result in no support at all for Louisiana and whether it is worth at. Everything has a give and take and in most instances an all or nothing stance has down sides for both ends.

Rouses is the official grocery store of lsu. It’s ridiculous that Albertsons offered a special for lsu fans IN LAFAYETTE but not UL. And then make up a BS excuse for doing so. Now the Albertsons on ambassador and congress has lots of UL stuff and they wear red on Fridays and game day. This is not trashing. It’s calling a spade a spade.

14. Default Re: Albertsons on Ambassador and Kaliste

The Albertsons in Broussard got caught up in a short sided promotion if in fact they did what the little girl said. Cancel culture would dictate to never set foot in there again. A more plausible approach might be to see if the faux paw could be remedied for a business who has historically supported the Cajuns. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Rouses is the official grocery store of lsu. It’s ridiculous that Albertsons offered a special for lsu fans IN LAFAYETTE but not UL. And then make up a BS excuse for doing so. Now the Albertsons on ambassador and congress has lots of UL stuff and they wear red on Fridays and game day. This is not trashing. It’s calling a spade a spade.
    The Albertson's near Cajun Field also does a good job of supporting the Cajuns. They sell UL gear and wear red on Fridays and game days as well. I shop there and at Champagnes and Adriens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information