Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Stadium Expansion??

Default Re: Stadium Expansion??

Can probably save a lot of money using less brick. Bricks can be attractive but expensive. Allocate those construction monies inside the stadium. For lots of reasons its ashamed inflation is out of hand right now.

If not brick than what? Stucco, stone, or concrete are the only other options. Unless you want siding or metal.

Needs to be like the San Jose Earthquakes we need a bar, with a standing area, and add something for the kids. In NEZ

Name:  650204EA-D8C7-4F9A-98BB-E0758B2AE632.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  220.5 KBName:  0BF84940-230D-4A48-AA4E-E7CEC5DF8553.jpeg
Views: 600
Size:  25.9 KBName:  10705EBE-63B9-40B9-AC5B-CC36D3F3DA69.jpeg
Views: 597
Size:  78.4 KBName:  87E91C26-67E4-4F8B-A503-07CB1D4DF4D4.jpeg
Views: 581
Size:  25.7 KB
    Name:  2C823209-13D8-4F7D-B3CE-2AEEED95753C.jpeg
Views: 572
Size:  17.8 KB

I would go as far as opening it up before the game where people can hang out, and pushing ticketing in the stadium on the side so they wouldn’t even really have to walk they would be already in the stadium.

Also you wouldn’t have to walk to the baseball stadium, if most people are parking across from Cajun Field. They could just hang out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    If not brick than what? Stucco, stone, or concrete are the only other options. Unless you want siding or metal.
    As long as we don't copy Baylor's McLane Stadium.

Someone thought it was a good idea to place tarp with printed brick on the walls of the stadium.

http://www.diehardsport.com/college-...s-along-walls/

The more “aesthetically pleasing”, the more maintenance is needed. Look no further than Fletcher Hall or the parish parking garage of aesthetically pleasing train wrecks.

Baylor and the fake brick…what an embarrassment. Double wide mentality.

I understand that there is a high level meeting about the stadium this week. Sounded like the “go ahead” may be given. Anyone else heard this?

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    We should dome the top of Cajun field so we don’t have to worry about weather and no one can complain the weather prevents them from going to the game lol!
    Admin would USL it and put BigAss fans instead of A/C.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    I understand that there is a high level meeting about the stadium this week. Sounded like the “go ahead” may be given. Anyone else heard this?
    I talked to someone recently hired by the RCAF at the Ark St game. He said next year the upper deck and first 11 rows of the lower deck will not be available due to construction. Sounds like they are about to begin.

When's the meeting on attendance and game day issues? Probably next August 31st...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    When's the meeting on attendance and game day issues? Probably next August 31st...
    LOL

I'm starting to think that spending 60 million + on a stadium for a school that it's own administration, UL alumni and students, Lafayette, and the surrounding parishes refuse to support is not a wise decision. But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Feb 30 and Feb 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    I'm starting to think that spending 60 million + on a stadium for a school that it's own administration, UL alumni and students, Lafayette, and the surrounding parishes refuse to support is not a wise decision. But that's just me.
    They planning on recouping funds from selling boxes and suites... lmao

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They planning on recouping funds from selling boxes and suites... lmao
    That IS USLing it up...

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information