Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread: Stadium Expansion??

Louisiana Campus Stadium Expansion??

What’s the latest on this? Are they planning to announce anything? Went to the game Saturday and boy, she looks tired.

Default Re: Stadium Expansion??

There is a rumor going around here that there may be some help coming from the state and the stadium renovations will begin after this season. I have no idea what the origin of this rumor is or of there is any truth to it. I believe what has happened is that the increased cost of materials due to the pandemic blew the original cost estimates out of the water and they stopped (at least publicly) giving estimates about when this would happen. Since then, inflation and higher fuel cost has caused construction costs to be even higher. I am guessing the costs now would be about 30-40% more than original estimates, which I believe was around $60M. That would add about $20M that would need to be raised. They cannot pull that kind of dough out of their rear end.

Disclaimer, I am not an insider, just a fan trying to read between the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gris-Gris View Post
    What’s the latest on this? Are they planning to announce anything? Went to the game Saturday and boy, she looks tired.
    We will have a new upper deck by 2024. Our capacity will shrink to between 33-35k. Final design plans are in the works.

You mean stadium renovation

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You mean stadium renovation
    That one.

We should dome the top of Cajun field so we don’t have to worry about weather and no one can complain the weather prevents them from going to the game lol!

I love Cajun Field, but ole girl is showing her age.

We desperately need club seating and a new suites. No more upper deck, only suites, club, and press on the upper levels.

New chairback seats throughout the lower bowl would be awesome! Take away the hill and make it a championship level stadium. We are past the FCS days of the hill serving as entertainment for the kids. Make the hill a party deck.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    There is a rumor going around here that there may be some help coming from the state and the stadium renovations will begin after this season. I have no idea what the origin of this rumor is or of there is any truth to it. I believe what has happened is that the increased cost of materials due to the pandemic blew the original cost estimates out of the water and they stopped (at least publicly) giving estimates about when this would happen. Since then, inflation and higher fuel cost has caused construction costs to be even higher. I am guessing the costs now would be about 30-40% more than original estimates, which I believe was around $60M. That would add about $20M that would need to be raised. They cannot pull that kind of dough out of their rear end.

Disclaimer, I am not an insider, just a fan trying to read between the lines.
    I dread that happening. Let the state get involved financially, UL loses control of the project. I’m just ____ed with the verbal missteps and the messaging last season regarding upper deck ticket holders moving. And what is being stated here regarding where design stands and Maggard on 103.7 last Thursday are not the same. Maggard spoke of lining up money then design.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I dread that happening. Let the state get involved financially, UL loses control of the project. I’m just ____ed with the verbal missteps and the messaging last season regarding upper deck ticket holders moving. And what is being stated here regarding where design stands and Maggard on 103.7 last Thursday are not the same. Maggard spoke of lining up money then design.
    It ain't happening soon.

No matter how this ends up, it now has a “USL” feel to it.

Yes sir.

There seems to be a whole lot of USLing going onand that's not good.

Just don't half-ass it, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    I love Cajun Field, but ole girl is showing her age.

We are past the FCS days of the hill serving as entertainment for the kids. Make the hill a party deck.
    I don't know. The App St. grass hill was packed with fans and kids, it appeared, for the UNC game. Looked really good on TV and a fun atmosphere.

I get the idea that a party deck COULD mean good, fun, rowdy entertainment; however, if you notice how it's tough at times to get fans at Cajuns Field just to stand when the defense is on 3rd down, I'm afraid having a "party deck" will just turn into a laid back, sipping some drinks atmosphere. I think we want people standing into a fence on that grass hill yelling at opposing offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Just don't half-ass it, please.
    The word around the camp fire is corners are already being cut.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 . LastLast

Thread Information