Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Michigan game planning

Default Eastern Michigan game planning

Disclaimer! not a coach and don’t claim to be one. During the second half, I watched as they blitzed our quarterback several times unchallenged. One was with Chris Smith in the backfield and I guess he did not see the Blitzer coming to the quarterback. I think eastern Michigan will see that on film and we need to be better prepared. What might be the keys to this game?

Default Re: Eastern Michigan game planning

We'll win, it's not so much that we're playing EMU as much as it's about playing to the standard that is expected. Good teams always improve greatly from week 1 to week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    We'll win, it's not so much that we're playing EMU as much as it's about playing to the standard that is expected. Good teams always improve greatly from week 1 to week 2.
    We need to have a huge improvement across both the OL & DL. But we should win again.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We need to have a huge improvement across both the OL & DL. But we should win again.
    CMD played a bunch of D lineman last night

And their qb had all night to throw most of the time. I've always hated the 3 man pass rush. It doesn't seem like we hardly ever blitzed either.

Playing a bunch of D lineman will payoff. That doesn’t change that we need better disruption/production from that group.

The O-line played poorly in the running game. We need tremendous seasoning amongst the younger guys. We have to find a way to move people off the ball up the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    And their qb had all night to throw most of the time. I've always hated the 3 man pass rush. It doesn't seem like we hardly ever blitzed either.
    That’s what you want with their QB. He is not accurate but can run. Just keep him in the pocket & he will make mistakes.

Playing a bunch of D lineman will payoff. That doesn’t change that we need better disruption/production from that group.

The O-line played poorly in the running game. We need tremendous seasoning amongst the younger guys. We have to find a way to move people off the ball up the middle.
    I know we lost Mitchell, Torrance and Vallot from the OL. Did we lose anyone else?

Do you think it's fixable this season? Or something we will likely struggle with all season.

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    That’s what you want with their QB. He is not accurate but can run. Just keep him in the pocket & he will make mistakes.
    EMU’s QB threw 50+ times last week. And he did run a few times. Think he’s a transfer from Troy. But Texas State/Hatcher proved that doesn’t mean much, Texas State appears to still be in one of the worst runs in SBC history.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Do you think it's fixable this season? Or something we will likely struggle with all season.
    They can certainly play better than they did last night but I expect we will have some troubles all year. It comes down to talent level. We’ve had some very good o lineman over the last 10 years. It will take some good recruiting to get us back to the level we’ve been at.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I know we lost Mitchell, Torrance and Vallot from the OL. Did we lose anyone else?
    Torrence UF
    Kameron Waites UF
    King McGowen (hurt)
    The MSU transfer hasn’t panned out yet.

We have talent, they just aren’t quite where we need them to be. We aren’t nearly as deep as we have been in the past. I think they have a chance to be an above average unit, just not the dominant OL we have had the past 4 years.

I watched a little bit of EMU and EKU on Friday. EKU moved the ball pretty easily to the tune of nearly 500 yards. EMU won, but it was not easy. There will definitely be more points on the board this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    They can certainly play better than they did last night but I expect we will have some troubles all year. It comes down to talent level. We’ve had some very good o lineman over the last 10 years. It will take some good recruiting to get us back to the level we’ve been at.
    It will work itself outguys were rotating in and out to get reps. As far as your recruiting remark.Hunt, Dotson, Torrance, Max, and Waited were not highly recruited out of high school, so I'll ride with what we have for now.

Biggest improvement is usually from week 1 to week 2. Got a metric ton to improve on though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information