Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: Eastern Mich attendance prediction

Default Re: Eastern Mich attendance prediction

LSU fans are thinking they will only be at 75-80k for their home opener. It’s a national problem, not just our problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    LSU fans are thinking they will only be at 75-80k for their home opener. It’s a national problem, not just our problem.
    You'd think it would be packed being Southern is just a very short trip down 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    UL's attendance problem may not be as bad as we all think it is. I just read an article that said UCLA sold 20,000 tickets to their home opener against Bowling Green in sunny Southern California, but only had approximately 5,000 people actually show up and put their butts in seats! And this is in the 100,000+ seat ROSE BOWL!! So maybe having 16,000+ on a rainy day show up in 41,000 seat Cajun Field is not the end of the world. With that said, we still need to work on getting 25,000-30,000 into Cajun Field.
    Other P5 that had actual home games below 30k attendance

Oregon State (27,732)

UCLA (27,143)

Stanford (26,826)

Wake Forest (26,013)

Washington State (25,233)

Duke (20,722)

Vanderbilt (20,120)

Good info, but are any of those teams riding 13 game streaks

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Did any of them have 18 inches of rain in the 25 days prior to the game? Or 1.1 inches of rain on the actual game day?

Look I’m not fricken happy with our attendance. Not one bit, but we’ve been spared from hurricanes, but have had a so many days of torrential rain it’s ridiculous.

Let Thursday, Friday and Saturday be rain free in Acadiana. We will have 25k for game day.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Vanderbilt blew out Hawaii the week before is in Nashville, has been top 25 before and is an SEC school. Embarrassing

Wake Forest made it to the ACC championship last year and seems to be on the upswing. Only 26k

8. Default Re: Eastern Mich attendance prediction

Did any of them have 18 inches of rain in the 25 days prior to the game? Or 1.1 inches of rain on the actual game day?
    This prelude was the biggest factor.

One thing is pretty certain. Easter Michigan won't be bringing them.

Not enough

28,000 attendance with better weather and no other state game worth watching

Look I’m not fricken happy with our attendance. Not one bit, but we’ve been spared from hurricanes, but have had a so many days of torrential rain it’s ridiculous.

Let Thursday, Friday and Saturday be rain free in Acadiana. We will have 25k for game day.
    Thank you for being the silver lining in our dark skies! We will be a part of that 25k on game day.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

13. Default Re: Eastern Mich attendance prediction

Unfortunately I will miss this game because of a work trip. But weather is looking better every day for this game. It is down to a 40% chance early but under 20% at kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Other P5 that had actual home games below 30k attendance

Oregon State (27,732)

UCLA (27,143)

Stanford (26,826)

Wake Forest (26,013)

Washington State (25,233)

Duke (20,722)

Vanderbilt (20,120)
    I read that UCLA had only about 6,000 actual butts in the seats, despite the 27,143 attendance figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Wake Forest made it to the ACC championship last year and seems to be on the upswing. Only 26k
    Wake Forest is a great comparison for us. Historical mediocre/bad football with recent success. Winston Salem is just a bit bigger than Lafayette and the metro area is also a little bigger than Acadiana.

I know you and MAT love Boone like y'all love ya truly's but I think it's not a fair comparison. Boone is a city the size of New Iberia landlocked into the mountains. I mean New Iberia is ok but after you visit Tabasco and then shadows what is actually to do?

Same with Boone. It looks nice but so does Gatlinburg, Asheville and a bunch of other towns in the Mountains. If you live there what is there to do besides football. There's a reason why Jebediah married his cousin back in day. It takes forever to go from one knob to the next and driving through the Mountains is a pain in the backside.

(I love the word "Knob" Turb please don't censor it. Lol).

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information