Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Eastern Mich attendance prediction

Default Re: Eastern Mich attendance prediction

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Do the scanners matter though if we are just going by tickets sold? It’s still hard to believe we sold more tickets to week 1 considering the number of people around the complex yesterday as a whole compared to last week. There would’ve had to be a bunch of tickets sold last week with no one going and nearly every ticket sold attending last night for the numbers to make sense.
    Would make sense considering last week's weather

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Would make sense considering last week's weather
    It only doesn't work in Lafayette.

Casual scanners?

Who cares if the ticket scanners missed 50 or 100 scans. Look at the pictures, the attendance is terrible. Lafayette and the surrounding parishes do not support this school, hell alumni don’t support this school.

If a fan base can’t get excited for the first two home games of the year, following two successful top 25 ending seasons, a local coach then they never will. Usually fan base apathy sets in after a few losses not before the damn season even starts.

Face it, downsize the stadium and make it super nice with excellent amenities and then enjoy the games. The team deserves a packed house so the atmosphere is great. Screw the idiots who are missing out.

And please don’t tell me about the weather, ponchos cost $0.97 at Walmart.

5. Default Re: Eastern Mich attendance prediction

Nobody is going to show up in a $.97 Walmart poncho . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Casual scanners?
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun309 View Post
    Who cares if the ticket scanners missed 50 or 100 scans. Look at the pictures, the attendance is terrible. Lafayette and the surrounding parishes do not support this school, hell alumni don’t support this school.

If a fan base can’t get excited for the first two home games of the year, following two successful top 25 ending seasons, a local coach then they never will. Usually fan base apathy sets in after a few losses not before the damn season even starts.

Face it, downsize the stadium and make it super nice with excellent amenities and then enjoy the games. The team deserves a packed house so the atmosphere is great. Screw the idiots who are missing out.

And please don’t tell me about the weather, ponchos cost $0.97 at Walmart.
    Man your right. The fans that are there are passionate. Let’s get this stadium done and let’s roll with what we got. Supply and demand. We have a great program right now. Love the Louisiana brand and the winning. Never thought I would see the heights this Louisiana football program would achieve in my lifetime. It might just might even get better. NY6!

I like it. No more upper deck at all. Tear it down and Just build suites and press. All home side seats need to be converted to chair backs and spread them out some to reduce capacity further. The bleachers in the far north east corner that wrap the corner more than the west side need to be removed and turned back to grass so the horse shoe is the same on both sides and it brings in the fans on that side closer to the middle. So minus about 8,000 upper deck. Another 1,000 In that corner. Then 1,000 converting home side to all chair backs. Now your down to about 30,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I like it. No more upper deck at all. Tear it down and Just build suites and press. All home side seats need to be converted to chair backs and spread them out some to reduce capacity further. The bleachers in the far north east corner that wrap the corner more than the west side need to be removed and turned back to grass so the horse shoe is the same on both sides and it brings in the fans on that side closer to the middle. So minus about 8,000 upper deck. Another 1,000 In that corner. Then 1,000 converting home side to all chair backs. Now your down to about 30,000.
    Been a while but thought I’d read that the lower west seating would be redone as part of the overall renovation. I’m sure some of our architect/engineer types on here could talk to newer standards. So I’d suspect new lower seating would look similar to the south end zone. Obvious difference would be the portion with chair back seating.
    Anyone else hear this before?
    Hopefully the guessing game can end soon!!

I'm now thinking 30k will be hard to fill with as fickle as Lafayette is.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Small, hell we already have the NEZ as picnic seating if we need overflow capacity. Oh, BTW that should be blocked off until all the seats are filled. I love kids, well, I love MY kids but I’ve never seen any other college football broadcast with what we have going on in the NEZ. No other sporting event at all, please someone prove me wrong with pics.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Address the root cause. You don't need a smaller stadium. You need better opponents!
    Problem is. We can’t get better opponents here it seems, but that could change??

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    So you’re from Lafayette?

I don’t know where Cajunfan96’s original post is so I can’t quote and I don’t like being nasty but this is the dumbest take ever about better opponents. What was attendance for boise st? I’ll tell ya it was 22,661. I’ll let ya in on a secret…LSU or Alabama ain’t never coming to Cajun Field. aTm problee a int never coming back (cause we beat that ass last time!).

Just stop with the quality of opponents. App came last year for the ____ing conference championship and we only got just over 30k.

Small stadium, good amenities, great atmosphere and screw those who don’t come.

So you’re from Lafayette?
    No.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst . 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information