Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread: G1 Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

If one of these guys was that much better than the other we wouldn’t be seeing 2 QBs. I’m not sure either are the long term answer.

If we can establish a legit run game I think Fields gmhas the tools to win. But at our level you sometimes live or die by the QB play. I’ve said for a while now LL was taken for granted by many people.

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post
    If one of these guys was that much better than the other we wouldn’t be seeing 2 QBs. I’m not sure either are the long term answer.
    QB2 got playing time because Des is doing all he can to keep both of them. Rest assured, as the birdie said a long time ago, Chandler Fields is the starting QB. That was rather smart on Des’ part, sad that you guys did not see it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Right, kind of like Levi did.

If our OL struggles, we're better off with a dual threat QB and that's not CF.
    Rick you and Boomer need to get over LL2. He will not be the QB regardless of line play.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Yes of course
    We had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Right, kind of like Levi did.

If our OL struggles, we're better off with a dual threat QB and that's not CF.
    How did LSU’s all world dual threat QB do for them? SLU’s dual threat QB?

Levi’s escapability was an asset, but he was a QB. I would t call him a dual threat QB. He accounted for just under 3300 yards of offense. 2900 passing yards and 340 rushing. He will be the most successful QB in Cajuns history.

A dual threat QB will win you games that you are supposed to win. But they will never win you a game you’re not supposed to win.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    How was he as dynamic as Brodway? He missed on some deep balls and didn't run it particularly well.
    Because we haven’t had a QB who can make all the throws. See more of the field and get through progressions as quickly as Fields or Wooldridge.

Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7a

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    AGREE!
    And the student side again PATHETIC
    Students showed up. The rest of that side of the stadium may have been a little light with less SLU fans but the students showed up and stayed well after halftime which has not been that common in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by CrappDaddy View Post

If we can establish a legit run game I think Fields gmhas the tools to win. But at our level you sometimes live or die by the QB play. I’ve said for a while now LL was taken for granted by many people.
    I agree with you, especially about Levi but one thing I will say is that LL had a great running game to work with that could open up the deep ball and playaction game which he was great at. If we don't do something with the OL and find a couple of backs that can make plays, Fields nor Woolridge will have that luxury and will have to shoulder more of the burden this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I agree with you, especially about Levi but one thing I will say is that LL had a great running game to work with that could open up the deep ball and playaction game which he was great at. If we don't do something with the OL and find a couple of backs that can make plays, Fields nor Woolridge will have that luxury and will have to shoulder more of the burden this year.
    100% agree. Run game is critical

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    If LL2 was the guy he’d be playing. Ultra talented athlete. But he’s like the SLU QB. More accurately put, like Quad Brown from GaSt two years ago. He would absolutely wow us with some plays and make you want slam your head into the rail on others.
    Coach Dez said at the QB Club meeting that the 3rd QB each week will switch between Zeon Chriss and Zy McDonald. From that comment, I presume LL2 is not even in the conversation to see playing time at QB. Hope is to redshirt Chriss. He can play in four games and maintain the redshirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Coach Dez said at the QB Club meeting that the 3rd QB each week will switch between Zeon Chriss and Zy McDonald. From that comment, I presume LL2 is not even in the conversation to see playing time at QB. Hope is to redshirt Chriss. He can play in four games and maintain the redshirt.
    I hope they move Hunter out to TE

Levi was great and we will definitely miss his sack escapability. He was elite at that and did not make many mistakes as far as turning the ball over. However we do gain some things with Fields that we just didn’t have with Lewis. Some of the throws Fields made on Saturday just would not have been made last year. I will take a better arm and accuracy every day over speed and elusiveness at the qb position. Lewis was great but Fields can also be great and i believe we can be even more successful with him leading the team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Because we haven’t had a QB who can make all the throws. See more of the field and get through progressions as quickly as Fields or Wooldridge.
    I think Fields did a decent job against average to below average competition. He has promise given the weather condition, first game starting and new coaches. I saw him make some good passes on the run that we haven't seen in a while he was keeping his eyes down field. I also seen him hold on to the ball when he had wide open players in his line of site or maybe he couldn't see over the defender I don't know. He's not Broadway or LL he is Chandler Fields one start guy. I'm not trying to knock him nor am I making him out to be the savior. CMD makes the decisions not me so I'll give it a few games before I complain or praise CF. I was never a LL fan but I'll say I really missed some of the things he did on Saturday nights at Cajun Field. I want CF or whoever mike plays at QB to succeed and keep the streak going. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    LL2.0 had gloves on the entire game.something QBs don't normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    LL2.0 had gloves on the entire game.something QBs don't normally do.
    He just really likes Teddy Bridgewater

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread Information