Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . LastLast

Thread: G1 Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

1. Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    I understand we have a winning streak of 14 games, and we were ranked last year, however marketing is poor, facilities are poor, the competition was poor and poor weather to boot. The gameday experience is severely lacking. Athletic dept is going to have to do better to overcome these issues.
    Poor, poor pitiful me . . isn’t there a song?

Man, if things are that bad, just quit putting yourself through all that misery . . .

Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Glad the Cajuns won. There is also a lot to improve on. Just my opinion of what I saw:

Chandler looks good, looks confident, and has accuracy. He also had several mistakes, but that is to be expected on his first game.
    The Wide Receivers were a disappointment. They didn't show much, missed some catches, didn't get open against an FCS opponent. They should be a strength. Lumpkin and Migl were great. The RB's were average running behind an average looking OL. Our best RB looks to be Terrance Williams, and I don't understand why he didn't get the ball more. Chris Smith, as I've said before, is a good back, but he is not a starting back, he can't move the pile and is tackled too easily.
    The Offensive line did not do a great job at pass protection, but wasn't terrible. Just concerning they didn't win the LOS against an FCS opponent.
    The Defense was not very aggressive. They tackled well, but we didn't penetrate much and gave the QB way too much time. We came away with a couple of nice INT's. The corners didn't really seem to contest the throws but I think the QB just had too much time. The DL was pushed around some and didn't get into the backfield. We didn't blitz much and we could have used some well timed pressure. Overall, a decent performance by the Defense.
    Special Teams made some great plays, with the exception of the missed FG and the out of bounds kick off. Pretty good outing.
    Coaching was good. I think it was a bad call sending Smith on 4th down at the end of the first half, it cost us some points. I was hoping to see the offense move the ball better, not sure if play calling was a factor but it could have been. Certainly room for improvement.

Tell me what you see here. Because I disagree with a lot of your post. I agree with a lot as well.

But this play by Chandler is something we haven’t had since Broadway’s healthy years.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal.meId=401421121

Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7a

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Bull____. There were almost two sections filled on a bad weather night. That’s infinitely better than it used to be.
    And.its labor day weekend, most students who dorm, went homethose who attended must be the RP legendary commuter student.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    AGREE!
    And the student side again PATHETIC
    Students turned out better last night than in most games recent years. One step forward at a time…

We’ll need them later in the season, so I hope they keep having a good time and stay engaged.

Students did their part yesterday but way too many people leave at halftime. I understand if you have kids and things get difficult but it’s outta control.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Tell me what you see here. Because I disagree with a lot of your post. I agree with a lot as well.

But this play by Chandler is something we haven’t had since Broadway’s healthy years.

Best throw of the night was when Benard got K.O unfortunately. Fields Rolled out and hit the WR in stride have not seen that in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Best throw of the night was when Benard got K.O unfortunately. Fields Rolled out and hit the WR in stride have not seen that in the last decade.
    Fields will be special or as i call him the Cajun version of Flutie. He just needs to get more experience

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    The throw to Lumpkin was on the money. But it was only open because Fields sold the slant to Leblance on the left side of the field.

Leblance ran a slant to corner route. Fields looks him down, plants his feet, the safety on the left hash bites and closed on Leblance, then Chandler continues his drop. The right hash safety is on the outside shoulder of Lumkin, which is a pre-snap read for Fields.

He knows that Lumpkin will be there and he drives the ball down the middle of the field. TD Cajuns

The throw to Lumpkin was on the money. But it was only open because Fields sold the slant to Leblance on the left side of the field.

Leblance ran a slant to corner route. Fields looks him down, plants his feet, the safety on the left hash bites and closed on Leblance, then Chandler continues his drop. The right hash safety is on the outside shoulder of Lumkin, which is a pre-snap read for Fields.

He knows that Lumpkin will be there and he drives the ball down the middle of the field. TD Cajuns
    Damn. One hell of an analysis

I thought LeBlanc would have been good for at least one reception.

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I thought LeBlanc would have been good for at least one reception.
    I’m pretty sure he was bracketed most of the night. I’d have to go back and watch more closely.

On this play, great protection, Chandler fires a dart, great catch, TD.

Bull____. There were almost two sections filled on a bad weather night. That’s infinitely better than it used to be.
    Couldn't agree with you more

Gotta agree with Jay on this one. I take my shots at the game day experience. I think they are deserved, but Maggard’s work to bring the students back in to the fold a couple off seasons ago has paid dividends. Now if we can just do that with the general populace…

Passing game will grow. The rep of ignoring the TE in the passing game is gone now. The WRs will get theirs in time. This has the possibility of being a dynamic passing attack if all the parts come together.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . LastLast

Thread Information