Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread: G1 Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Facebook is just a lot of LSU/LTURd etc schist stirrers.

Glad the Cajuns won. There is also a lot to improve on. Just my opinion of what I saw:

Chandler looks good, looks confident, and has accuracy. He also had several mistakes, but that is to be expected on his first game.
    The Wide Receivers were a disappointment. They didn't show much, missed some catches, didn't get open against an FCS opponent. They should be a strength. Lumpkin and Migl were great. The RB's were average running behind an average looking OL. Our best RB looks to be Terrance Williams, and I don't understand why he didn't get the ball more. Chris Smith, as I've said before, is a good back, but he is not a starting back, he can't move the pile and is tackled too easily.
    The Offensive line did not do a great job at pass protection, but wasn't terrible. Just concerning they didn't win the LOS against an FCS opponent.
    The Defense was not very aggressive. They tackled well, but we didn't penetrate much and gave the QB way too much time. We came away with a couple of nice INT's. The corners didn't really seem to contest the throws but I think the QB just had too much time. The DL was pushed around some and didn't get into the backfield. We didn't blitz much and we could have used some well timed pressure. Overall, a decent performance by the Defense.
    Special Teams made some great plays, with the exception of the missed FG and the out of bounds kick off. Pretty good outing.
    Coaching was good. I think it was a bad call sending Smith on 4th down at the end of the first half, it cost us some points. I was hoping to see the offense move the ball better, not sure if play calling was a factor but it could have been. Certainly room for improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Tried calling in, no one picked up
    Learned a valuable lesson last night: When the Twitter Space is going, we can't take calls from the same phone. Sorry about that. We always love your input. Remedy coming.

you can focus on the frustration: stadium is dirty, field is faded, row numbers can't be read, concessions lines are long, wifi sucks, Red Zone merchandise is low quality, etc, etc, etc

or you can celebrate the great: local guy/former QB/Head Coach, longest active win streak, highest winning percentage for past 3 seasons, 2x conference champions, 4x division champs

Either way show up, wear red, stay late, yell loud and support the cULture

#GeauxCajuns

(Reposted from FB)

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    you can focus on the frustration: stadium is dirty, field is faded, row numbers can't be read, concessions lines are long, wifi sucks, Red Zone merchandise is low quality, etc, etc, etc

or you can celebrate the great: local guy/former QB/Head Coach, longest active win streak, highest winning percentage for past 3 seasons, 2x conference champions, 4x division champs

Either way show up, wear red, stay late, yell loud and support the cULture

#GeauxCajuns

(Reposted from FB)
    I had a good experience with the concessions and beer lines. It was quick and painless.

The stadium is what it is, I’m not concerned with that one but because by the time the CFP expansion comes around we will be in year 2 of the complete renovation. It’s happening folks!!!

Cajuns won, it wasn’t nearly as pretty as I would have liked. But it was a W and I’ll take it.

OL/DL needs improvement. Play calling after the scripted plays were complete needs some tweaks. The defense was willing to let Johnson beat us with his arm, he couldn’t do it.

As far as the fans go, I will judge Cajun Nation on a day where the weather leading up to the game is great and game day weather is even better. If they fail to show up then, we have a market penetration problem.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. SLU

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    Lumpkin=Calvin James
    Please, these are not even close. Calvin James was an ELITE talent. Johnny Lumpkin is a good D1 TE.

Wow! Didn't know red zone had low quality merchandise. ��

Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7a

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post
    Nothing special about the game day experience.

Facilities look old and worn as usual. Peeling paint everywhere.

Hype video that was played before the game should have been played earlier. But instead, it's being played while the band is playing, and the fireworks are going off and the team is running out on the field. You couldn't hear the video. Not good timing whatsoever.

Overall grade D+ Crappy facilities, crappy opponent, same old pregame nonsense. Very stale product

AGREE!
    And the student side again PATHETIC

Had a good time at the game, some observations:

1. Rhys' Dad is the only Cajun fan I noticed clapping when we didn't make a 3rd down conversion
    2. OL & DL play needs to improve. Have to be able to run and stop the run.
    3. Chandler made some very good throws and some very poor throws. I hope his pocket-awareness gets better. One of the sacks came from his non-blind side and he never saw or felt them.
    4. I like the way we used the middle of the field passing. I thought Ben did a better job utilizing that part of the field.
    5. Naked bootlegs seem to be a goto play for CMD early on, with mixed success.
    6. Other than the missed FG, I like what I saw from special teams. Doing some different things on KO and punt coverage.
    7. Rotated a lot of players on defense, Ossai and McDaniels caught my eye. Also, Caleb Anderson LOOKS like a D1 CB, but didn't really see him get tested.
    8. Hallmark of Napier era were halftime adjustments. Definitely didn't see much positive in the 3Q.
    9. The sandwich truck on the student concourse has a really good menu.
    10. I love the way Zeon Chriss looks in a Cajun uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    AGREE!
    And the student side again PATHETIC
    Bull____. There were almost two sections filled on a bad weather night. That’s infinitely better than it used to be.

11. Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

If you want to read lots of BS, this is the place to be . .

12. Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    If you want to read lots of BS, this is the place to be . .
    This is where people Bring Stuff they heard elsewhere.

Bad weather??? 75 shady and dry at kickoff. We are an excuse making weak ass fan base. You could look at the future radar and see it was going to be near perfect for game time. Anyone not there using weather as an excuse is FOS

Quote Originally Posted by IHateLaState View Post
    While I understand the upgrade is coming in a couple of years I don’t understand why basic cosmetic work cannot be done

The main concourse is still really dingy.

I have it on good sources that the upper deck is structurally unsafe. Close it and move those folks downstairs

I had 4 kids with me so I sat in the endzone rather than my STs. I had to stand in the beer line to get candy. Read that again

Casual fan won’t come back and now is the time to hook em. Past time actually
    I understand we have a winning streak of 14 games, and we were ranked last year, however marketing is poor, facilities are poor, the competition was poor and poor weather to boot. The gameday experience is severely lacking. Athletic dept is going to have to do better to overcome these issues to lure the fair-weather fan pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Bull____. There were almost two sections filled on a bad weather night. That’s infinitely better than it used to be.
    Agreed! I was actually surprised at the turnout. Is it where we need it to be…absolutely not…but it was a very good start.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread Information