Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: G1 Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Absolute blast on the Ragin Review postgame. Thanks all of you who participated. For the folks that we couldn't get to, your calls mean a ton to us, just didn't have the time. Thanks players, parents, students, administrators, RCAF and creative personel. We think we had a hell of a family discussion. See yall MONDAY NIGHT for the next show.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouRichard View Post
    Had a great time at the game tonight! Five year old grandson chickened out and seven year old granddaughter said I want to go. put that Ragin Cajun shirt on her and she had a really good time. It was the first time at a football game and she asked a lot of questions. I believe she knows More about football than any other seven year old. good to have a new cheerleader in the family!
    Raising her right.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    Absolute blast on the Ragin Review postgame. Thanks all of you who participated. For the folks that we couldn't get to, your calls mean a ton to us, just didn't have the time. Thanks players, parents, students, administrators, RCAF and creative personel. We think we had a hell of a family discussion. See yall MONDAY NIGHT for the next show.
    Great feedback and interaction once again.

“Why do you name a staring QB then put in another after you commit to him??? This brings a change in rhythm and pace! Can we not talk about that??? You drive and score looked great then change why? Makes ZERO sense. Period. Game is all about momentum. What message does that send to your players. Then that switch leads to no points multiple times.”

I could have swore I heard CMD say he wasn’t going to do that. I thought he said he didn’t believe in playing 2 QBs.

Maybe I am remembering wrong or maybe he just changed his mind. I don’t love it, but it can’t be a bad thing to have two experienced guys ready to play if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    Lots of work to do. We looked pedestrian against Nichols last year and won 13 games though. Few random thoughts:
    1. I hate throwing the ball away on a free play.
    2. Not a fan of the rotating quarterbacks. I thought we weren’t doing that?
    3. Thankfully Cephus was off target a good part of the night. He missed some wide open targets.
    4. You won’t catch me anywhere else but Cajun Field on game day Saturdays, but it’s not hard to see why others stay home. Really hoping the renovations help.
    Nothing special about the game day experience.

Facilities look old and worn as usual. Peeling paint everywhere.

Hype video that was played before the game should have been played earlier. But instead, it's being played while the band is playing, and the fireworks are going off and the team is running out on the field. You couldn't hear the video. Not good timing whatsoever.

Overall grade D+ Crappy facilities, crappy opponent, same old pregame nonsense. Very stale product

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post

Hype video that was played before the game should have been played earlier. But instead, it's being played while the band is playing, and the fireworks are going off and the team is running out on the field. You couldn't hear the video. Not good timing whatsoever.

Overall grade D+ Crappy facilities, crappy opponent, same old pregame nonsense. Very stale product
    Someone had to say it. Unfortunately I agree.

Default Re: Live Game Talk: Louisiana vs. SLU

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    We can't go by what you say. You said the Cajuns would put up 70. Poo-Yie.
    You never fail to show your density. Cajuns by 70 every time

Vegas had us winning by 14. We won by 17.

RaginDave mentioned that SLU had some talent, and they do, especially in the secondary.

Our QBs combined completed 64.5% of their passes for 241 yards, 2 TDs with 0 INTs.

Not a bad game at all out the gate to start a new season with a new HC, new DC, new QB and a mostly inexperienced O-Line.

Quote Originally Posted by no1cajunfan View Post

Beyond stale, it's starting to grow mold

Props to a change noticed with band.9 minute decent halftime show.back up to Red Zone for a quick break and back at it to start the 3rd Qin years past, the band would be MIA during the 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Beyond stale, it's starting to grow mold

Props to a change noticed with band.9 minute decent halftime show.back up to Red Zone for a quick break and back at it to start the 3rd Qin years past, the band would be MIA during the 3rd.
    Interesting Fields had the second best QBR in the last 3 seasons. I still think he has a ways to go.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Interesting Fields had the second best QBR in the last 3 seasons. I still think he has a ways to go.
    He's a. Bit quick on the trigger.a half count wait on some throws would have been completions.he has a really live arm, a little touch on the ball might help.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    2nd best? I saw his qbr was 50.8 which is not good.

Also the running game looked really really concerning. 38 carries for 133 yards is not good at all.
    RBs did not look great at all, I did not think bailey and montrell would be as big as a loss but it showed last night.

O line needs to improve. That group has never been an issue in the pastfew years and probably took that for granted. Im sure they will gel. QB1 will be fine with a little more experience under his belt. Play caller will get better also

It was week one but the OL looks small and average at best. The RB room is also concerning.

Regarding the secondary, had SLU had a decent passer, last night would have been much different.

WE HAVE SERIOUS WORK TO DO AS A TEAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#Fired View Post
    2nd best? I saw his qbr was 50.8 which is not good.

Also the running game looked really really concerning. 38 carries for 133 yards is not good at all.
    RBs did not look great at all, I did not think bailey and montrell would be as big as a loss but it showed last night.
    It’s not the RBs. It’s the interior OL.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information