Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: G1 Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Was CMD not using this game to evaluate talent in a game environment?

I doubt he believes in a 2 QB system

2. Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    You know for all the let's back Des talk that I was subjected to this past summer, there is an awful lot of armchair coaching going on right now. I happen to agree with every single decision That Des made this past Saturday night. I'll tell you why. He's a new coach of a team he's familiar with, but has to learn more about new players & what they can accept on the field.

At no point in that game did the thought cross my mind that UL wasn't completely in charge & had the ability to turn on a set of burners we didn't see. And we didn't see them for a reason. the coach decided to get a good look at both of his young QBs &give them both a chance to gain confidence for when the games really start to count. I also loved his decision to go for it deep in SLU territory when they got stopped.

I'm actually kind of glad the play didn't work either. It produced a coachable teaching & learning moment for Des to have in his back pocket for later on. The man must learn what his players can do under fire & still build confidence in his team. If I were to compare him to the bozo 50 miles away who just allowed his young team's confidence to be destroyed, I would say Des flew his first solo flight with very few strategical errors & has his team right where he wants them as this point in the season. they have the confidence to know they can win & turn it up if needed. And they have the experience of getting the knots out of their stomachs. Great job Mike Desormeaux.
    Spot on.

He is another guy who will never play QB for the Cajuns. He needs to b an TE/H-BACK.

And left handed Elfrid Payton should have played power forward at UL. Same level of coaching personnel genius…

4. Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

You know for all the let's back Des talk that I was subjected to this past summer, there is an awful lot of armchair coaching going on right now. I happen to agree with every single decision That Des made this past Saturday night. I'll tell you why. He's a new coach of a team he's familiar with, but has to learn more about new players & what they can accept on the field.

At no point in that game did the thought cross my mind that UL wasn't completely in charge & had the ability to turn on a set of burners we didn't see. And we didn't see them for a reason. the coach decided to get a good look at both of his young QBs &give them both a chance to gain confidence for when the games really start to count. I also loved his decision to go for it deep in SLU territory when they got stopped.

I'm actually kind of glad the play didn't work either. It produced a coachable teaching & learning moment for Des to have in his back pocket for later on. The man must learn what his players can do under fire & still build confidence in his team. If I were to compare him to the bozo 50 miles away who just allowed his young team's confidence to be destroyed, I would say Des flew his first solo flight with very few strategical errors & has his team right where he wants them as this point in the season. they have the confidence to know they can win & turn it up if needed. And they have the experience of getting the knots out of their stomachs. Great job Mike Desormeaux.
    Finally a book by NAK I enjoyed reading, all the way to the end. Kudo’s BWK

All games really count, at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunblaze View Post
    He is another guy who will never play QB for the Cajuns. He needs to b an TE/H-BACK.

And left handed Elfrid Payton should have played power forward at UL. Same level of coaching personnel genius…
    I bet you Hunter has a better chance to see the field as an TE or HBACK than QB1. Want to bet?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I bet you Hunter has a better chance to see the field as an TE or HBACK than QB1. Want to bet?
    TE or WR I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    I’d wager none of the above happen

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunblaze View Post
    I’d wager none of the above happen
    Correct more than likely he will be on the pine.

10. Default Re: Live Game Talk Final: Louisiana 24, SLU 7

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Poor, poor pitiful me . . isn’t there a song?

Man, if things are that bad, just quit putting yourself through all that misery . . .
    ….llOle Fats song Poor Me…for the LSUs_____What I’m gonnna do is hard to tell….ain’t gonna kill myself, though I might as well…POOR ME IM LIVING IN MISERY.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    How did LSU’s all world dual threat QB do for them? SLU’s dual threat QB?

A dual threat QB will win you games that you are supposed to win. But they will never win you a game you’re not supposed to win.
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    I disagree.
    I would love some examples.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I would love some examples.
    Why don't you go first with examples of dual threats NEVER winning a game you're not supposed to win.

Why don't you go first with examples of dual threats NEVER winning a game you're not supposed to win.
    Darren Grainger was the reason GAST didn't beat South Carolina

Let’s start with LSU last night. I can name tons of elite programs with Dual threat guys. Who don’t win championships with the guys who were the top dual threat guys in each class.

If you don’t have an elite pass first QB, you will not win at the highest level.

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information