Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CFP 2026

Default Re: CFP

ODU hosts VA. Tech tonight.at least I think it's tonightHope you're taking notes Dr. M.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    ODU hosts VA. Tech tonight.at least I think it's tonightHope you're taking notes Dr. M.
    Yes, 6:00 on ESPNU.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    How long of a gap do I need to leave for it to be considered "this again" as opposed to "uninterrupted reality continuum?"
    IDK maybe take the time between mentions of independence and double that. Lol

4. Default Re: CFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    IDK maybe take the time between mentions of independence and double that. Lol
    I will try, but remember Louisiana is already independant 4 games a year.

Just sayin

After the new P4 champion slots are guaranteed, am yet to see exactly what happens to the G6 champions. Now six conferences playing for one slot?

6. Default ESPN 1420 The CFP Committee Has Decided To Expand The Playoff By 2026

The CFP committee has decided to expand the CFP playoff bracket by 2026.

Yeah, the only reason LSU and UL don’t have a long-term home/home series scheduled is because Maggard just didn’t think to call and set it up.

Default Re: CFP 2026

12 is step in right direction! Run the table and our Cajuns will have a chance to crash the party. And this setup will likely save the Pac 10/12 for total collapse. A 16 team tournament seems inevitable, probably sometime in mid-2030's.

9. Default Re: CFP

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Yeah, the only reason LSU and UL don’t have a long-term home/home series scheduled is because Maggard just didn’t think to call and set it up.
    Totally not true. The Pukes do not want to schedule us!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    Glasco got it set up for softball.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So a theoretical chance that all G5 conference champions have a shot, but at least 1 will be in for sure. I like this, still think 16 makes more sense and does not add any extra weeks, but 12 is better than 2 or 4 and gives every conference at least a chance at a seat at the table.

16 could be set up the same way, currently with 12, you will have byes in the first round by a few teams, 16 would mean no byes. 16 would be the 6 highest rated conference champions and then 10 at large bids. Basically your top 16 teams in the country would be in the CFP minus of course if one of those conference champions is outside the top 16 teams.

Last year would have set up like this

1 Alabama SEC Champ vs 16 Oklahoma At Large
    2 Michigan B1G Champ vs 15 Iowa At Large
    3 Georgia At Large vs 14 Oregon At Large
    4 Cincy AAC Champ vs 13 BYU At Large
    5 ND At Large vs 12 Pitt ACC Champ
    6 Ohio State At Large vs 11 Utah PAC Champ
    7 Baylor Big 12 Champ vs 10 Michigan State At Large
    8 Ole Miss At Large vs 9 Oklahoma State At Large

No one outside of the top 16 would have missed the CFP. Some years you might have 1 or 2 miss it because of a conference champ taking their place that might be outside the top 16, but it would be rare.
    That is not the understanding I have of the 12 team playoff.

I’m almost certain that long term H&H with VaTech and Virginia is highly “recommended” by the people who run the state.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information