Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Other games week 1

1. Default Re: Other games week 1

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    That’s why some people have a bad taste. He left for a better job, great, but he took half the top shelf of the cupboard with him. I will not be happy to see montrell running for TDs behind Torrence.
    Get over it . . .

2. Default Re: Other games week 1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    It’s the nature of todays game, Bud.

If they lost last night, I’d be upset. But the kid is now playing at one of the “haves” and just showcased himself on the National scene. Good for him.

Alternatively, he could have played in Lafayette last night for 16k people and granny & grandpa in Rayne & Crowley could have seen his highlights on KLFY.
    Little people just don’t understand. We want to be big time but that menial analysis just jumps back in.

We managed well what we had last night. No one can take away the longest winning streak in the country (14) but I heard somewhere last night they tried to give it to Head Coach Napier who is at 13.

We have a lot going for us, let’s monopolize what we got - going for 15 next Saturday on NFL Network . . . who else is on NFL Metwork?

3. Default Re: Other games week 1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Little people just don’t understand. We want to be big time but that menial analysis just jumps back in.

We managed well what we had last night. No one can take away the longest winning streak in the country (14) but I heard somewhere last night they tried to give it to Head Coach Napier who is at 13.

We have a lot going for us, let’s monopolize what we got - going for 15 next Saturday on NFL Network . . . who else is on NFL Metwork?
    …….So I go for my obligatory post game pee and ask loudly where will we be ranked this week……lots of different answers…what say you guys? More importantly, what does Massey say???

Default Re: Other games week 1

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’m over Napier leaving. I wish him the best, because if he reaches the mountaintop, our name follows. Like Saban, Kent State, Michigan State, LSU all get mentioned in his coaching linage. He has a 14 game winning streak as a HC. Napier continues to win, somebody will notice.
    Exactly. Look, I’m not crazy about how it all went down, but can’t really blame him for taking those he brought here, or them wanted to triple their salary and really help their resume out.

And regardless of how we may feel, to the rest of the world the better Napier does there, the better we will look. I mean if he doesn’t do well than they would all be saying he only did well here because we are nobody’s, etc.

Plus it will pizz off the refineryville people tremendously, lol

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Get over it . . .
    I’ll pull for him against LSU other than that I really don’t care. Nothing he does going forward will help my team so I really don’t care. He took some of our best players. What do you call that? A parting gift?

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Exactly. Look, I’m not crazy about how it all went down, but can’t really blame him for taking those he brought here, or them wanted to triple their salary and really help their resume out.

And regardless of how we may feel, to the rest of the world the better Napier does there, the better we will look. I mean if he doesn’t do well than they would all be saying he only did well here because we are nobody’s, etc.

Plus it will pizz off the refineryville people tremendously, lol
    What you & a lot of other people should be asking is what happened to the money from Billy's buyout clause? Because it certainly hasn't been spent of coaches & promoting the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    I don’t understand why some people don’t want to see the Coach that brought the Cajuns to its highest point ever succeed at Florida. I’m a long time Cajun first fan, but Florida is my new #2 team.
    I 2nd that motion.

For decades, many of us prayed for UL to get a coach that left for a bigger and better job. We had real a estate agent, insurance agent, and many let go. We finally get one that succeeds, moves to greener pockets….errr pastures and some are angry. Heck, stAte had a great run, multiple coaches hired away. It’s not personal, it’s business.

Nothing to be butt hurt over. It’s up to our leadership to assure we don’t misstep; replacing every coach we lose with equal or better.

After hearing Napier speak of his QB Richardson last night, as here, he has a plan at Florida. His post game, all he did was plug in AR in place of LL. Team speak identical.

For decades, many of us prayed for us to get a coach that left for a bigger and better job. We had real a estate agent, insurance agent, and many let go. We finally get one that succeeds, moves to greener pockets….errr pastures and some are angry. Heck, stAte had a great run, multiple coaches hired away. It’s not personal, it’s business.

Nothing to be butt hurt over. It’s up to our leadership to assure we don’t misstep and replacing every coach we lose with equal or better.

After hearing Napier speak of his QB Richardson last night, as here, he has a plan at Florida. His post game, all he did was plug in AR in place of LL. Team speak identical.
    Florida will unseat Bama and UGA as kings of the east in 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    That’s why some people have a bad taste. He left for a better job, great, but he took half the top shelf of the cupboard with him. I will not be happy to see montrell running for TDs behind Torrence.
    You don't think there's another Montrell Johnson, or Torrence playing at Acadaina High, or LCA, or Carencro high, or any one of 40 other schools around this state? the fact is this school does a better job of running a stealth program than just about any other FBS school in America. The reason no one has it hammered into their heads how well UL has done the past several years including the Hud years, is this school has not promoted itself worth a damn in those years. UL needs new blood, young blood, LOCAL YOUNG BLOOD promoting it's sports programs & reaching out to potential sponsors & fan bases around the state. This is a self inflicted stick in the eye.

All I've heard is the continual praise of Brian Maggard & from what I've seen, except for the Napier hiring he hasn't done much for this program. What about the RCAF? What has happened to that organization? Who even runs the RCAF? Who is on the board of the RCAF? How do these people not see that UL is letting the opportunity of 3 generations slip away from them?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Florida will unseat Bama and UGA as kings of the east in 4 years.
    Exactly. Don’t think for one second Saban’s age isn't a weapon on the recruiting trail. And if “the process” works at Florida, who knows? Dabo and Smart are entrenched where they’re at, Jimbo too old. The BIG picture.

And yes, UL has a 14 game winning streak. And Napier, as a HC, has a 14 game winning streak. Absolute facts.

Exactly. Don’t think for one second Saban’s age isn't a weapon on the recruiting trail. And if “the process” works at Florida, who knows? Dabo and Smart are entrenched where they’re at, Jimbo too old. The BIG picture.

And yes, UL has a 14 game winning streak. And Napier, as a HC, has a 14 game winning streak. Absolute facts.
    Napier is 13.Bowl W goes to Des!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    Napier is 13.Bowl W goes to Des!!!
    Thanks.

Makes Des 2-0…ahead over half the teams lost this week.

Just because we could and should be able to replace Johnson and Torrence doesn’t mean it’s cool he took them.

Jackson State having fun playing Florida A&M 31 to 3.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information