Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Everyone is Making Predictions

Default Re: Everyone is Making Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Duckster View Post
    We're still putting a premium on defense, so I like our chances every game. It will be irregular for the offense to have as few turnovers as last season, so am hopeful the defense will grab a few more interceptions and fumbles.
    conservative football is not always a winning recipe. see Texas Longhorn game.

Fields will take more risk. he will turn it over more. not exactly a bad thing

I will make a prediction. Chris Smith runs for 200+. Chandler Fields has a great opening start with 75% passing and 200+. Zyon Hill causes havoc. Eric Garror has an all conference game with 10 tackles, 1 INT and FF.

3. Default Re: Everyone is Making Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post

Turnovers are exactly a bad thing.

They are not always an insurmountable thing.

4. Default Re: Everyone is Making Predictions

A good hot apple turnover with blue bell vanilla is a good thing . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ExecutiveCajun View Post

Since when has turnovers been a good thing? You better stick to washing clothes only in the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I will make a prediction. Chris Smith runs for 200+. Chandler Fields has a great opening start with 75% passing and 200+. Zyon Hill causes havoc. Eric Garror has an all conference game with 10 tackles, 1 INT and FF.
    If those two things in bold happen, it will mean that we never pulled away enough from Southeastern to put in reserves for any meaningful playing time. 10 tackles by our starting CB means he's extremely busy.which I don't think we want for this Week 1 game vs. an FCS opponent.

7. Default Re: Everyone is Making Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Since when has turnovers been a good thing? You better stick to washing clothes only in the locker room.
    In his defense "not exactly a bad thing" doesn't mean he thought it was a "good thing"

But I agree with you turnovers are always a bad thing, even if they don't come back to bite you.

8. Default Re: Everyone is Making Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    In his defense "not exactly a bad thing" doesn't mean he thought it was a "good thing"

But I agree with you turnovers are always a bad thing, even if they don't come back to bite you.
    Turnovers in an isolated stat are bad. Turnovers as a result of a great passing offense can be a double sided sword.

24-6 touchdown vs interception is great, but I’d trade it for 44-10 touchdowns vs interception. So in a sense those touchdowns, and interceptions are a result of a far better passing attack. Is that a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

In Alex Smith's final season in KC, 2017, he threw only 5 INTs all regular season, with 26 TD passes, averaging 8.0 yard per pass attempt and a league-leading passer rating of 104.7.

He and the Chiefs went 0-1 in the playoffs that year (though Smith still had a 2 TD to 0 INT game).

In came Patrick Mahomes as the starter for 2018, and he threw more than double the INTs Smith did the previous season (12). He also threw 50 TD passes, averaged 8.8 yards per pass attempt, for a passer rating of 113.8.

They won their first playoff game that post season, before losing to Brady and the Patriots in the AFC Champ game.

So in an instance like that, Mahomes throwing more INTs than his predecessor wasn't necessarily a bad thing, and everyone would agree that Chiefs offense was much more scarier for opponents in 2018. However, while I'd love to be wrong, I do not believe we'll see that sort of same comparison at QB play from Levi to Fields that everyone saw from an efficient Smith to a downright scary and freakish play of Mahomes.

Long story short, I'm hoping for INT numbers like we saw with LL's play the last two seasons.

Well we will have a single season passing yards record and TD records fall.

11. Default Re: Everyone is Making Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Well we will have a single season passing yards record and TD records fall.
    SWEET

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    Who can’t beat us?

Remind you, 7 one score games last year. Including Nicholls and ULM.
    Our inability to execute on 3rd down last year kept games closer than they should have been, given our talent. I fully expect our 3rd down conversion % to be at least 10 percent higher than the miserable 35% last year.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Our inability to execute on 3rd down last year kept games closer than they should have been, given our talent. I fully expect our 3rd down conversion % to be at least 10 percent higher than the miserable 35% last year.
    I think it will be a wash.

While we may convert more 3rd and 10's, we will be in a few more 3rd and longer. LL was the best we've ever had at avoiding sacks.

14. Default Re: Everyone is Making Predictions

It will be interesting to see how much scared money Desormeaux spends on 4th down.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I think it will be a wash.

While we may convert more 3rd and 10's, we will be in a few more 3rd and longer. LL was the best we've ever had at avoiding sacks.
    We will average over 38ppg. This offense will be more explosive if we stay healthy.

Both of these QBs see the field better than Lewis. We will see more big plays in the passing game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information