Thread: 'Born for this': Why Michael Desormeaux succeeds at Louisiana, why he's now a hometown hero

1. UL Football 'Born for this': Why Michael Desormeaux succeeds at Louisiana, why he's now a hometown hero

When the preparation was finished, without fail, Bill Desormeaux always stamped the leadup to each game with what now seems like his patented proverb to his players.

“The hay is in the barn," the then Catholic-New Iberia receivers coach would iterate.

Default Re: 'Born for this': Why Michael Desormeaux succeeds at Louisiana, why he's now a hometown hero

A lot of you believe that everything Mike knows, he got from Billy. This is an incredible article by Cory

Default Re: 'Born for this': Why Michael Desormeaux succeeds at Louisiana, why he's now a hometown hero

Second thatvery good article.

4. Default Re: 'Born for this': Why Michael Desormeaux succeeds at Louisiana, why he's now a hometown hero

Cory knocked it out the park, but this article should have ran a month ago.

It would have been a ticket seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Cory knocked it out the park, but this article should have ran a month ago.

It would have been a ticket seller.
    Man, I'm only realizing now how you're an expert in everything. You always seem to have a better way of doing things.

6. Default Re: 'Born for this': Why Michael Desormeaux succeeds at Louisiana, why he's now a hometown hero

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Man, I'm only realizing now how you're an expert in everything. You always seem to have a better way of doing things.
    Cory knocked this one out the park I wouldn't change a thing.

My recommendation for running a story like this a month ago coincides with the thread on the "unprecedented media silence" from three weeks ago.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/.media-silence?

7. Default Re: 'Born for this': Why Michael Desormeaux succeeds at Louisiana, why he's now a hometown hero

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Cory knocked this one out the park I wouldn't change a thing.

My recommendation for running a story like this a month ago coincides with the thread on the "unprecedented media silence" from three weeks ago.

https://forumeus.com/showthread.php/.media-silence?
    It's kind of like, what would I have run a month ago? I don't know, but I'll know it when I see it.

I just saw it. Kudos to Cory.

It's a nice story all by itself, but will only have lasting meaning with success on the field. I guess I'm not like some here, and I'm as Cajun as anyone. My coaching priority is winning, not where he comes from. First, bring success, then we can celebrate his background along with that success. Geaux Cajuns!

Great piece. Well researched and great perspective from multiple people.

All Cory needs is a quality sermon on the Prodigal Son so he can have proper context on that moving forward.

Thread Information