Thread: Athlon Preview of 2022 Cajuns Football

UL Football Athlon Preview of 2022 Cajuns Football

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Athlon Preview of 2022 Cajuns Football

Ouch 8-4 then a loss in the Belt championship. Bulletin board material

8-4 is not unreasonable. That's what I was thinking initially. Our SOS is not great and we avoid most of the big dogs in the East. Bumped my prediction up to 9-3 but we have some questions for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    8-4 is not unreasonable. That's what I was thinking initially. Our SOS is not great and we avoid most of the big dogs in the East. Bumped my prediction up to 9-3 but we have some questions for sure.
    If we stay healthy 8-4 would be a huge disappointment.

Other than FSU maybe and Marshall if they have Ali back, any loss will be a huge disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Other than FSU maybe and Marshall if they have Ali back, any loss will be a huge disappointment
    I think we'll certainly be favored in most games outside of FSU for sure so I understand but last year we escaped the West with several close games, especially USA where we pretty much lucked out with them blowing a chip shot FG to end the game. We've had a number of those games the last couple of years. Sooner or later, the tide starts changing. I like our talent, especially on defense but OL is inexperienced and thin and we don't know what to expect out of our running game at this point. Like I said, I think we go 9-3 with a loss to either FSU or Marshall and possibly a couple of close conference games.

I’m hoping we get some seasoning early against the weaker part of our schedule and be rolling by the Marshall game. The schedule sets up well for our situation and to make a run again.

By the FSU game I’m hoping they will be reeling.

8. Default Re: Athlon Preview of 2022 Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I’m hoping we get some seasoning early against the weaker part of our schedule and be rolling by the Marshall game. The schedule sets up well for our situation and to make a run again.

By the FSU game I’m hoping they will be reeling.
    FSU reeling isn’t a good thing for the Cajuns. Louisiana needs quality wins, and a quality loss is more impressive than a weak P5 win. Although it certainly gave the Sand Chickens some swag vs Kansas I believe.

9. Default Re: Athlon Preview of 2022 Cajuns Football

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    FSU reeling isn’t a good thing for the Cajuns. Louisiana needs quality wins, and a quality loss is more impressive than a weak P5 win. Although it certainly gave the Sand Chickens some swag vs Kansas I believe.
    Don’t worry about him. He's been wrong on everything for 51 years . . . 81 it’s only 41 years of bad takes . . .

Thread Information