Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: App signs home and away with NC State

Default Re: App signs home and away with NC State

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We aren’t App St, never will be. )0% of our alumni actually hate our athletic department. They are Tiger fans. That’s not the case with App.

We need to find a way to change that percentage from 40/60 to 60/40. It will take time and winning.
    You don't think App State has a similar problem? How many P5 schools in N. Carolina? UNC, NC State, Duke, Wake Forest plus E. Carolina. Yet they still succeed. We have too many excuses for our lack of success. We don't need LSU, but we do need to play other P5 schools.

2. Default Re: App signs home and away with NC State

I’d say we didn’t, as fans, support a great opportunity vs Moo State in the Super Dome. Yeah, I know Labor Day weekend, decadence celebration, and other excuses.

There’s simply not enough dead serious Cajun fans. It’s a bitter pill but I can’t think of anything else.

3. Default Re: App signs home and away with NC State

So many opportunities there for App… . . . We have LSU

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’d say we didn’t, as fans, support a great opportunity vs Moo State in the Super Dome. Yeah, I know Labor Day weekend, decadence celebration, and other excuses.

There’s simply not enough dead serious Cajun fans. It’s a bitter pill but I can’t think of anything else.
    They moved the game a week before from 7 to 11 am. Life gets in the way sometimes with sudden changes like that.

5. Default Re: App signs home and away with NC State

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    They moved the game a week before from 7 to 11 am. Life gets in the way sometimes with sudden changes like that.
    Maybe but there were lots of folks complaining from the moment they announced it. Long before a time. Also we’re not bringing our family to NOLA during Decadence celebration. You’d swear Lafayette populated by Pilgrims.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    You don't think App State has a similar problem? How many P5 schools in N. Carolina? UNC, NC State, Duke, Wake Forest plus E. Carolina. Yet they still succeed. We have too many excuses for our lack of success. We don't need LSU, but we do need to play other P5 schools.
    They’ve won for 30 plus years. We’ve won for a decade.

Not apples to apples. They have multiple NC’s at the FCS level and never struggled as an FBS program.

We have floundered for decades. Never cultivated an organic fan base. We are even close to them.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life;[URL="tel:1375566"
    1375566[/URL]]

We have floundered for decades. Never cultivated an organic fan base. We are even close to them.
    I’ve said it a million times. Few people truly understand the depth of the destruction done to the program in the late 90’s. Generational failure.

This was an SMU level of program damage. A generation of fans and potential fans were lost.

All we can do is never stop building, never stop grinding, and never stop believing.

Anyone calling the MSU game at the dome a home game and uses it as an example as to why we shouldn’t host p5’s is a complete apologist for this athletic department. We constantly let them off the hook.

Example. We had a big crowd a few years back and ran out of concessions and lines were out of control. ____ed off a lot of people and haven’t had a crowd since. Apologist says “ see the department solved the problem, hasn’t happened again”

Realist look at it as “ there went 5,000 future fans, won’t get a chance for another 5-10 years to gain those fans again”

Maybe we'll have a better chance focusing on a Big 12 team visiting Cajun Field than an SEC. They will soon have 12 teams again. Can we talk just one of the 12 into making a deal?

Do we know anyone in the athletic dept at Florida? Let’s play them home and home.

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    Do we know anyone in the athletic dept at Florida? Let’s play them home and home.
    You can't be serious.

13. Default Re: App signs home and away with NC State

I have always wanted to play teams from the Big 12 and American

14. Default Re: App signs home and away with NC State

Quote Originally Posted by Lafitte the Pirate View Post
    I have always wanted to play teams from the Big 12 and American
    If we can consistently be ranked 15-45 we’d be a more attractive opponent for those conference.

Scheduling is years in advance, and that’s for us, for most schools it’s allot of years in advance. So if winning gets you quality opponents it’s going to be a long time before winning matters schedule wise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information