Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review LIVE: Season 5 | Episode 3

Default Re: Ragin Review LIVE: Season 5 | Episode 3

Finally had a chance to listen. Absolutely SPOT ON with respect to attracting the students from DAY 1! A student club similar to what you described at App State would be a great first step. Offer it FREE to the freshman class to begin with! All the perks! Then re-recruit them the remaining years and into their alumni years. We need to double (as a minimum) the Red Zone.
    Lots of great points.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I watched via YouTube, it’s the only social media platform I use. Enjoyed the show. Thought the length would be difficult to handle but it moved along pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised by Josh’s personality and demeanor. Considering how standoffish he can get on RP I enjoyed his take on most topics and agreed with him on most points. Good job guys. I’m subscribed now and will look forward to future episodes.

PS I love the golf background but would like to see some Cajuns swag if you can find any around town. Haha
    In person over a few beers he is laid back. On the message board he is a little different when folks try to get under his skin with lies.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    In person over a few beers he is laid back. On the message board he is a little different when folks try to get under his skin with lies.
    Word around the campfire is that you have never had one beer with him nor have you ever met him in person. But I guess that doesn’t matter since you probably knew him before he was born.

Anyway, another solid episode fellas. The se la board didn’t like it too much but whatever. Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Appreciate the listen and the feedback. We sometimes go a little over the time we want to record, but it is usually when it's on a conversation that we are interested in or passionate about.

As far as Josh, the MAT account is more of a caricature rather than the way he really is. If you ever met him, he is a lot more laid back in person than the posts on here.
    Is that your way of saying he's schizophrenic?

No sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    No sir.
    That was said tongue and cheek.

I know MAT well. We've shared too much bourbon on one or more occasions. His (lovely) wife has even cooked dinner for me. I'm pretty well aware of the two personae Victory was referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    That was said tongue and cheek.

I know MAT well. We've shared too much bourbon on one or more occasions. His (lovely) wife has even cooked dinner for me. I'm pretty well aware of the two personae Victory was referring to.
    Nah, he’s a swinging Richard…but sure as spit I’ll buy his next beer when we hang out lol

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Word around the campfire is that you have never had one beer with him nor have you ever met him in person. But I guess that doesn’t matter since you probably knew him before he was born.

Anyway, another solid episode fellas. The se la board didn’t like it too much but whatever. Keep it up
    Tell me more about the SLU fan board reaction. By the way, my wife earned her Masters Degree in Speech Pathology Education from Southeastern. She had a very good experience there while in that program. Lots of good teachers have come from the school in Hammond through the years. That does not mean their football team should be able to defeat ours on Saturday.

SLU reaction to RR comments (~34 min mark):

10. Default Re: Ragin Review LIVE: Season 5 | Episode 3

I really like the perk of discount travel to way games. UL needs to have a student bus to the ULM game. You can call it the Cajun party bus! Students would jump at the opportunity to have transportation to support the team. Who can make this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    I really like the perk of discount travel to way games. UL needs to have a student bus to the ULM game. You can call it the Cajun party bus! Students would jump at the opportunity to have transportation to support the team. Who can make this happen?
    I doubt they would jump at the opportunity when they can't even jump at the opportunity to support the Cajuns at home.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    SLU reaction to RR comments (~34 min mark):
    Did I miss the comment? I even checked 24 and 44 minute mark.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    The first live episode was consumed over 1300 times across platforms.

We fully intend on doing that, but remember: we have a fickle bunch that we're dealing with. The key to our growth has been consistency, wide range of topics and having conversations that traditional media were not able to have (or didn't want to have.) The long form interviews with national folks also helped a lot. (If you haven't listened to those older interviews with Mandel, Vannini, Brando, Feldman, etc, strongly suggest checking them out.)

If you build it, they will come. Just takes Cajuns a little bit longer to get here. When they do though, they tend to stay.

Podcast format of Episode 3 drops at 9:00am!
    Visited the SLU site todaydef had some eyes from there tuning in. And damn are they salty about it. 🤣🤣🤣. They're not big fans of yalls analysis.LoL

15. Default Re: Ragin Review LIVE: Season 5 | Episode 3

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Did I miss the comment? I even checked 24 and 44 minute mark.
    Lafayette . . .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information