Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ragin Review LIVE: Season 5 | Episode 3

Default Re: Ragin Review LIVE: Season 5 | Episode 3

Great job guys! Keep em coming!

Was hoping to listen to the podcast on the way to work this morning but it wasn't there. When should it be posted on spotify?

Podcast version will always post the following Tuesday.

Video from last night is up on YouTube, just make sure to select "All Videos" from the drop down that says "Uploads."

Just finished it on you tube. I like the energy you guys bring to the podcast. I'll be glad when we get into the season & you guys really have a couple of hours worth of stuff to opine on. I like your thoughts on how the university can get more people to the games. I wish they would have posted bill boards around the outskirts of the town on the major highways pimping the longest winning streak in the country. But if a 13 game winning streak can't get you a full house, then nothing ever will. As much as we like to blame administration for USLing it. Some times there is no one else to point the finger at, but the local fan base. From New Iberia to Abbeville to Eunice to Cicilia to Opelousas, the Cajuns should be getting record crowds at least until the streak is broken. By that time we are hopefully dead locked in first place as the west rep. for the SBC title game again.

Not enough people in the area truly care about the Cajuns. We preach to the choir here. Give them a reason to care is the answer of course. We have done that the last 3 years. May need to make it a decade of success before we have impact.

6. Default Re: Ragin Review LIVE: Season 5 | Episode 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Not enough people in the area truly care about the Cajuns. We preach to the choir here. Give them a reason to care is the answer of course. We have done that the last 3 years. May need to make it a decade of success before we have impact.
    We need to get like camping. People care about camping nationwide . . .

7. Default Re: Ragin Review LIVE: Season 5 | Episode 3

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    We need to get like camping. People care about camping nationwide . . .
    Name one camping location that draws what the Cajuns draw on a Louisiana Saturday Night.

8. Default Re: Ragin Review LIVE: Season 5 | Episode 3

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Name one camping location that draws what the Cajuns draw on a Louisiana Saturday Night.
    Every camping spot I pass by looks like it is pretty much filled to capacity. Football stadiums, not quite . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginReview View Post
    Podcast version will always post the following Tuesday.

Video from last night is up on YouTube, just make sure to select "All Videos" from the drop down that says "Uploads."
    So, the 1st week shows 26 views. The 2nd week shows 82 so far. So if each person gets one person a week to listen to the show & can get them to get one person to listen to the show & so on & so forth. By the end of the football season, you should have around 387,000 views of your last show. It's like a ponzi scheme except no one has to pay up. We need to put the word out to as many people as possible & recommend they get someone etc. etc. I'm telling you guys this can work.

10. Default Re: Ragin Review LIVE: Season 5 | Episode 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So, the 1st week shows 26 views. The 2nd week shows 82 so far. So if each person gets one person a week to listen to the show & can get them to get one person to listen to the show & so on & so forth. By the end of the football season, you should have around 387,000 views of your last show. It's like a ponzi scheme except no one has to pay up. We need to put the word out to as many people as possible & recommend they get someone etc. etc. I'm telling you guys this can work.
    How about focusing the same logic on bringing someone to the game? We would have 35;000 in no time . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The first live episode was consumed over 1300 times across platforms.

We fully intend on doing that, but remember: we have a fickle bunch that we're dealing with. The key to our growth has been consistency, wide range of topics and having conversations that traditional media were not able to have (or didn't want to have.) The long form interviews with national folks also helped a lot. (If you haven't listened to those older interviews with Mandel, Vannini, Brando, Feldman, etc, strongly suggest checking them out.)

If you build it, they will come. Just takes Cajuns a little bit longer to get here. When they do though, they tend to stay.

Podcast format of Episode 3 drops at 9:00am!

Pod Version:

Cajun Nation, the season is upon us. GAME WEEK!

The Boys discuss Chandler Fields in-depth, preview SLU, give ticket & tailgating updates, opinions on the strength of each SBC division, predictions on the SBC East & West and the triumphant return of MAAAAN I TELL YOU WHAT!

Chandler Fields Spotlight [4:00]

Preview Southeastern Lions [25:34]

SBC East & West Predictions [41:33]

Tickets & Tailgating Sales Update [1:05:40]

MITYW! [1:38:12]

For full video of this episode, follow us on these platforms:
    YouTube | Twitter | Facebook | Twitch | Instagram | TikToc

I watched via YouTube, it’s the only social media platform I use. Enjoyed the show. Thought the length would be difficult to handle but it moved along pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised by Josh’s personality and demeanor. Considering how standoffish he can get on RP I enjoyed his take on most topics and agreed with him on most points. Good job guys. I’m subscribed now and will look forward to future episodes.

PS I love the golf background but would like to see some Cajuns swag if you can find any around town. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I watched via YouTube, it’s the only social media platform I use. Enjoyed the show. Thought the length would be difficult to handle but it moved along pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised by Josh’s personality and demeanor. Considering how standoffish he can get on RP I enjoyed his take on most topics and agreed with him on most points. Good job guys. I’m subscribed now and will look forward to future episodes.

PS I love the golf background but would like to see some Cajuns swag if you can find any around town. Haha
    Appreciate the listen and the feedback. We sometimes go a little over the time we want to record, but it is usually when it's on a conversation that we are interested in or passionate about.

As far as Josh, the MAT account is more of a caricature rather than the way he really is. If you ever met him, he is a lot more laid back in person than the posts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post

Thanks for your interest and for subscribing! This is a big deal in the digital promotion world. The amount of subscribers is directly correlated to how visible we are on YouTube.

Can't stress enough how important it is for people who love the pod to Rate the show, Comment on your rating and make sure that you're subscribed! Spotify, Apple podcasts, stitcher, amazon music, iheartradio, etc. All the ratings and subscribers count on each platform.

Thanks again

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information