Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns Football swag

1. Default Re: Cajuns Football swag

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Anyone see a Ragin’Cajuns license plate frame. If so where?
    I am pretty sure I have seen some at Louisiana Hot Stuff in the Target shopping center on the corner of Kaliste and Ambassador in the past.

Default Re: Cajuns Football swag

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Yea I hear that. Bell's Sporting Goods had the only retired jersey ive ever seen. It was a #12 Delhomme. Paid good money for it too.

I'd like to see a throwback Brian Mitchell, white jersey with red #1 with "CAJUNS" above the 1 (exact replica). Probably sell bunch of them vs the sh they have now. A Charles Tillman jersey would be damn popular too. Fenroy, Stokely, hell, I'd buy a Glynn Abel
    Made the suggestion to Red Zone folks a few years ago about "legacy" jerseys.

I get that they wouldn't be able to mass produce player jerseys each year, and I personally wouldn't find generic numbers ("00", "99") that attractive.

But all the cats whose names are on the wall on the student side? Take these (or some of them) and standardize these.

Just picked up a distressed (reminds me of me.) Louisiana Ragin Cajun Athletics T-Shirt at the Red Zone. And yes, there are T-Shirts with Football on front of shirtyou just have to look for it.Other than a half azz cap selection, Casual Fan and I agree its a good selection of Louisiana or Ragin Cajun gear

Went by there today looking for a couple polo shirts. They had racks of sweatshirts, jackets, and hoodies. There was one half a rack with 11 polo shirts. Missing a great opportunity to make money with the success we’ve had.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Just picked up a distressed (reminds me of me.) Louisiana Ragin Cajun Athletics T-Shirt at the Red Zone. And yes, there are T-Shirts with Football on front of shirtyou just have to look for it.Other than a half azz cap selection, Casual Fan and I agree its a good selection of Louisiana or Ragin Cajun gear
    Fake news

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Fake news
    You just have too look, ain't no fake news.

7. Default Re: Cajuns Football swag

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4ever View Post
    Went by there today looking for a couple polo shirts. They had racks of sweatshirts, jackets, and hoodies. There was one half a rack with 11 polo shirts. Missing a great opportunity to make money with the success we’ve had.
    They don’t understand it’s summer until mid October. Need lots more nice Polos, and hoodie in November.

8. Default Re: Cajuns Football swag

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    They don’t understand it’s summer until mid October. Need lots more nice Polos, and hoodie in November.
    Barnes & Noble inventory assessment personnel have probably never set foot in Louisiana.

Reminds me of how after WWII the Army Corp of Engineers designed built-in underground water pools at the Abbeville Post Office and Abbeville High School.

The rest of the country calls them basements.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    .Walmart and Super 1 in Abbeville …usually a good amount of stuff but sells quickly!
    I bet you can't buy a UL leather jacket in either of those stores. This is bull crap. I'm hearing the guys on the podcast talk & bring up great ideas for promoting athletics & the UL name brand at the same time & no one from the school is listening. It's like a ghost regime is running things. This is so F'd up its sad. I hate to say it. but from what I'm hearing this thing is heading back to the end of the Stokely days if the school doesn't catch a vision in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    You just have too look, ain't no fake news.
    Swamp has a scary look.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Made the suggestion to Red Zone folks a few years ago about "legacy" jerseys.

I get that they wouldn't be able to mass produce player jerseys each year, and I personally wouldn't find generic numbers ("00", "99") that attractive.

But all the cats whose names are on the wall on the student side? Take these (or some of them) and standardize these.
    Absolutely

Something else every other team seems to have except UL are the white autograph footballs. Can’t find them anywhere.

My wife and I went for the first time today. Man, it was depressing. I know it's a message board and you can nitpick anything, but if that's The Ragin Cajun Store, that's pretty grim. I loved the Red Zone. It was a portable building in the middle of a gravel lot in both locations they had it, but it had tons in it with lots of different brands.

I even asked someone who worked there "where is all the stuff that came from the old red zone. Like the Nike shirts and all the cool dri fit collared shirts, the hats?" She just said "It's spread across here and the Union. We're Barnes and Noble now." I don't know what the Union has, but I hope it's more than that.

The branding on some of the shirts was awful too. That's something that the University can control. If athletic brand is so important, don't let the company that works for you print "Lafayette" on everything.

We quickly divided and conquered from there. Wife went to Hot Stuff and I went to Academy. I can't believe Academy was a better option than the University store.

Whatever deal the university signed with Barnes and Noble, I hope they got something else good in return, because it sure isn't good merchandise.

Drove by yesterday. Could see in though the window on Johnston. Shirt with UL LAFAYETTE across the chest is what I see. Who was responsible for the B&N deal?

seems to me that the younger fans are coming full circle with usl/ull/louisiana athletics. and i'm talking about the leadership. life cycle looks like this - have some success, get some people to trust you again, invest just enough to get people interested then completely drop the ball when it matters most.total failure when the lights are bright. this is prob my 6-7 life cycle with these people. the faces change but the incompetence and laziness stay the same. ive given a ton to this university foundation. time, money and volunteer. I thought they finally got serious when they brought in alden and the missouri clan. Napier covered many problems with how these young out oft owners ran the athletic office and youre seeing that now. maggard has been good in many ways but hes narrowed his sole focus to the damn stadium another thing that these people are getting wrong. Yall better wake up because your program is being held hostage by ambitious, incompetent out oft owners who dont care about this place or its people. all about furthering careers and rainbows and daisys. they are wasting yet another great opportunity to make this place explode nationally. cant even engage the dang fans in their own community. total failure

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information