Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread: 2025 Football Schedule is complete with MickeyNeese

Default Re: 2025 Football Schedule is complete with MickeyNeese

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    That is a bottom feeder school bro.
    Kansas is a bottom feeder. Kansas State has generally been a good football program.

Quote Originally Posted by CRAWFISH61 View Post
    Kansas is a bottom feeder. Kansas State has generally been a good football program.
    K-state was pretty bad when they came to cajun field. That was Bill Snyder first year back

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    K-state was pretty bad when they came to cajun field. That was Bill Snyder first year back
    Correct they were a bottom feeder when they came to Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    6-6 (4-4), finished tied for second place in their division with Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    So, play some P5 schools on the road. Win like we did vs Iowa State and that changes everything. Keep playing E. Michigan and that gets you nothing in the eyes of the fans and the media. And, you get big paychecks.
    We finished the last two seasons ranked in the top 20 with a similar schedule, so it clearly gets us something in the eyes of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    Maybe Maggard can get Missouri. But then again some folks don't think we would pull a crowd if they came. Bottom line: Regardless what Jay says the schedule matters.
    Well, Jay's opinions are based on data. And, all I hear is excuses as to why we didn't draw crowds when we played P5 schools at home. (We were bad, it rained, it was on a Friday, yadayadayada)

Many of you made the same argument for basketball. You were wrong then, too.

Nowwe don't have the money to buy a P5. So, let's put that to bed.

So, who you wanna play 2/1 or 3/1 that would be willing to come to Lafayette that would draw a crowd.

Someone mentioned Mississippi State. Neither fan base traveled to NO. You think MSU is gonna bring 6000 people to Lafayette? Please. You think suddenly we're gonna have an 80% increase from Cajun fans because Moo State is coming to town? Yeah,no.

Sorry, guys.

7. Default Re: 2025 Football Schedule is complete with MickeyNeese

Personally, I'm not worried about the size of the crowd.

I'm more interested in the schools historical reputation.

On equal footing with the W-L record, when I look at old schedules I don't notice where a game was played, I only notice who the opponents were.

8. Default Re: 2025 Football Schedule is complete with MickeyNeese

A reason you "need" to sustain multiple P5 opponents annually is you offer potential opponents a SOS incentive.

If you only play one P5 per year your only negotiating value is to offer the opponent a home game. This strategy severely limits the amount of money they will pay.

If you have multiple P5 opponents annually (part of your reputation) the amount of money you can demand and negotiate for goes through the roof.

Louisiana HAS to make its value more than just a home game.

Develop that type of relationship and opponents will gladly do a 3-for-1, some will do a 2-for-1 and every G5 in the country will crave a 1-for-1

9. Default Re: 2025 Football Schedule is complete with MickeyNeese

ps Do the above and eventually the crowds will show up.

But that’s just lagniappe

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Well, Jay's opinions are based on data. And, all I hear is excuses as to why we didn't draw crowds when we played P5 schools at home. (We were bad, it rained, it was on a Friday, yadayadayada)

So, who you wanna play 2/1 or 3/1 that would be willing to come to Lafayette that would draw a crowd.

Someone mentioned Mississippi State. Neither fan base traveled to NO. You think MSU is gonna bring 6000 people to Lafayette? Please. You think suddenly we're gonna have an 80% increase from Cajun fans because Moo State is coming to town? Yeah,no.

Sorry, guys.
    So Miss State wouldn't draw more than Georgia Southern?

11. Default Re: 2025 Football Schedule is complete with MickeyNeese

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    ps Do the above and eventually the crowds will show up.

But that’s just lagniappe
    …….I remember some really low crowds in the past at LSU……there in BR it is win and we come…I sure hope our streak continues and the place gets packed…no room for kids to roll down —the hill is filled……”Fill the Hill”

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel
    We finished the last two seasons ranked in the top 20 with a similar schedule, so it clearly gets us something in the eyes of the media.
    All of the National rankings of the last 2 seasons were predicated by the Iowa St win.

All the other wins over that time frame combined pale in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    All of the National rankings of the last 2 seasons were predicated by the Iowa St win.

All the other wins over that time frame combined pale in comparison.
    Beating App also moved the needle

What is our goal?

If our goal is simply to pay the bills, the current schedule is fine.

If our goal is to rack up wins and SBC trophies, the current schedule is fine.

If our goal is to grow the program and the attendance, the current schedule is not fine.

Midweek games are a net negative in this regard. The reasons are many, and have been discussed plenty. For now, our hands are tied with the ESPN contract.

The other issue is up to us. I submit that limiting ourselves to 1 P5 game is an obstacle to growth. Scheduling at least 2 keeps your payday, allows deals for future Home P5 games and increases the chances for more Program building wins like Iowa St.

It’s time to take the training wheels off.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post

Sorry, guys.
    Mississippi state had about 15k there. They filled up two lower levels on their side goal line to goal line. We were the ones who barely brought anyone. You put the game in Lafayette on the same day at 6pm, you telling me the crowd wouldn’t be 35k? Ok

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . LastLast

Thread Information