Thread: Four bold predictions for Louisiana football ahead of Michael Desormeaux's first season

1. UL Football Four bold predictions for Louisiana football ahead of Michael Desormeaux's first season

Michael Desormeaux certainly has a tough act to follow.

The first-year head coach for Louisiana takes over his alma mater, replacing Billy Napier, who guided the Cajuns on a raging tear the last four seasons winning 41 games and three straight Sun Belt Conference championship game appearances.

Default Re: Four bold predictions for Louisiana football ahead of Michael Desormeaux's first season

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Michael Desormeaux certainly has a tough act to follow.

The first-year head coach for Louisiana takes over his alma mater, replacing Billy Napier, who guided the Cajuns on a raging tear the last four seasons winning 41 games and three straight Sun Belt Conference championship game appearances.

So Cory, I have to question this article a smidge. First of all, I don't know that Des has ever been out of the state of Louisiana except for a recruiting trip, or a vacation. So, I don't think that qualifies him for the prodigal son role.

2ndly, you have UL defeating FSU in Florida & winning all of their non conference games, yet losing in the west? That is a bold prediction. A little bit weird, but hey, to each his own.

4th) If UL has 4 NFL draft choices, the Cajuns will almost certainly have won the west & should repeat as SBC champion.

Default Re: Four bold predictions for Louisiana football ahead of Michael Desormeaux's first season

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So Cory, I have to question this article a smidge. First of all, I don't know that Des has ever been out of the state of Louisiana except for a recruiting trip, or a vacation. So, I don't think that qualifies him for the prodigal son role.

2ndly, you have UL defeating FSU in Florida & winning all of their non conference games, yet losing in the west? That is a bold prediction. A little bit weird, but hey, to each his own.

4th) If UL has 4 NFL draft choices, the Cajuns will almost certainly have won the west & should repeat as SBC champion.
    It's the whole "hot take" trend thanks to irritating, but somehow very popular, personalities like Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless. Sports shows overall, TV and radio, have become worse for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    It's the whole "hot take" trend thanks to irritating, but somehow very popular, personalities like Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless. Sports shows overall, TV and radio, have become worse for it.
    Cory Diaz is terrible

I would say this new guy at the very least seems to be trying.......what is fact is that he clearly has tremendous upside potential. ��

It’s good to see more local coverage of Louisiana athletics.

7. Default Re: Four bold predictions for Louisiana football ahead of Michael Desormeaux's first season

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Cory Diaz is terrible
    Dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t here. ______

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    I would say this new guy at the very least seems to be trying.......what is fact is that he clearly has tremendous upside potential. ��
    I do think he is trying to be better than his predecessor.

I believe some of us saw what could be with coverage from Luke Johnson, and we’re yearning for that type of coverage for our athletic program again.

9. Default Re: Four bold predictions for Louisiana football ahead of Michael Desormeaux's first season

Throw another spinner bait . . .

Thread Information