Thread: 2022 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Invitation

UL Football 2022 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Invitation

All QB Club members from last season got the following note from Troy Wingerter yesterday. If you have not joined in the past and would like to support the program, this is an excellent opportunity to do so. Note, members are allowed to bring guests one time early in the season in order to encourage membership. I generally try to do that. Hope others consider the idea. Also, your membership fee is tax deductible.

Troy Wingerter sent you a message:
    Its finally time… the wait is over.

The Coach Desormeaux era began in December and gave us a glimpse of what the future holds for the program in his hands. The team and coaches have been grinding in order to make every Cajun Fan proud. I look forward to seeing Cajun Nation return the same energy on September 3rd.

Typically, the first letter of the year regarding quarterback club tends to come from the head coach. I wanted to change things up a little bit because I knew that Coach Des would not feel comfortable saying the things that I feel need to be said about him. For decades we have had coaches come from outside of the Acadiana area, into our community, and mold the young men that have chosen to be Ragin Cajuns into what those coaches perceived as our program’s culture. For the first time, in as far back as I can remember, (maybe for the first time in our history) we have one of our own sons of Acadiana that will be running our football program. This year is unlike any other year in our history, Our head coach isn’t just one of us… he’s the best of us!!! It is imperative that as a community we get behind one of our own… An alumnus and former player that lives and bleeds Ragin’ Cajun Red. Additionally, Coach Des has hired 7 alumni and former players to contribute to his coaching staff. My goal is to challenge the members of this group to reach out to local people that might otherwise not have been involved and to get them to join the Quarterback Club. As a community, If we can’t get excited about having a former Ragin’ Cajun quarterback/Captain/stand out as a head coach, then when will we get excited? I've said it before and i will say it again there is no better time to be a Ragin Cajun! I know that the members and former QB Club members will continue to be with us every step of the way. Please take this opportunity to renew your QB Club membership if you have not done so already.

https://give.louisiana.edu/give-now/qb-club
    You can also sign up at the first QB Club meeting on September 1st details are below

Thank you for your continued support of Ragin Cajuns Football.
    These meetings are not just an opportunity to fellowship with likeminded Cajuns they are your first access to information, an opportunity to know our student athletes up close, and your opportunity to give weekly to improve our program. A portion of each meal goes towards the football discretionary foundation account. While everyone can bring a friend…we like friends… but we love members! Please consider asking your friends and family to become a part of the Ragin Cajun Football QB Club. I look forward to seeing you all on 9/1… Geaux Cajuns!

QB CLUB MEETING DATES:
    Opponent Meeting Date Meeting GM Location
    Week 1 Southeastern Louisiana Thursday, September 1, 2022 QB Club Home
    Week 2 Eastern Michigan Thursday, September 8, 2022 QB Club Home
    Week 3 Rice Thursday, September 15, 2022 QB Club Away
    Week 4 ULM Thursday, September 22, 2022 QB Club Away
    Week 5 South Alabama Thursday, September 29, 2022 QB Club Home
    Week 6 Thursday, October 6, 2022 QB Club Open
    Week 7 Marshall No Meeting – Wednesday Game Away
    Week 8 Arkansas State Thursday, October 20, 2022 QB Club Home
    Week 9 Southern Miss No Meeting - Short Week Away
    Week 10 Troy Thursday, November 3, 2022 QB Club Home
    Week 11 Georgia Southern No Meeting - Short Week Home
    Week 12 Florida State Thursday, November 17, 2022 QB Club Away
    Week 13 Texas State No Meeting - Thanksgiving Away

Meetings: Meals are $30 / person
    The Baseball Stadium Club.(3rd floor)

Doors Open 11:00 AM
    Lunch Served 11:30 AM
    Players Spotlight 12:00 PM
    Assistant Spotlight 12:15 PM
    Coach Desormeaux 12:30 PM

Geaux Cajuns,
    Troy Wingerter
    Chief of Staff Ragin’ Cajuns Football

Default Re: 2022 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Inviation

Troy does not say how to join and what size donation is required for membership. Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    Troy does not say how to join and what size donation is required for membership. Anyone know?
    You can join simply by showing up at the first meeting. Note, site is the Baseball Stadium Club. Date is Thursday September 1. Doors open at 11, food is served at 11:30, and the program begins at 12. Now, if you want to be a virtual member, you have to contact Troy. That allows you to participate via Zoom. Try sending an email to; wingerter@louisiana.edu to get more info about that. In the past renewal brochures were sent out. The shortage in RCAF personnel may be why that has not happened so far this year. Dues are 250 per year but you get more perks if you donate more.

Min is $250. As Mike says more greatly appreciated

Thread Information