Thread: New OL Recruit in the boat

1. Default New OL Recruit in the boat

Looks like he could be a good one, he had offers from Duke, UL, Gardner Webb, Georgia State, Louisville, Memphis and Troy as well as interest from allot of other schools. He is a 6'2" 260 lb OL from Jacksonville, FL. He needs to put on some weight, but looks like he has a pretty good frame to work with.

His dad was an OL at Florida State, was the team captain in 1996 and played multiple seasons in the NFL, he played in 114 NFL games with 44 starts between 1997 and 2007, not a bad pedigree.

Default Re: New OL Recruit in the boat

I see he is now 290 lbs. Dude could be a 3-4 year starter.

Timing here may not be coincidenceHis commit may explain the reason behind the other OL decommit yesterday.

at least he got the name of the school rightYou want guys like this in the foxhole.

4. Default Re: New OL Recruit in the boat

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    at least he got the name of the school rightYou want guys like this in the foxhole.
    You mean he didn't waste an L

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post

Timing here may not be coincidenceHis commit may explain the reason behind the other OL decommit yesterday.
    I doubt it. We need all the hogs we can get.

Oh darn. We may have to beat out the Leopards to get him!!

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Oh darn. We may have to beat out the Leopards to get him!!
    Long live the LEOPARDS! I saw their logo after seeing your post. He could go to his namesake as well!

Who decommitted?

I think our track record of getting offensive linemen to the NFL may be getting some attention among informed recruits. Just hope Napier doesn't end up liking him as well but then again the recruit's father may not let him attend UF. Glad to also beat App State and Tulane.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Who decommitted?
    Landry Cannon OL Destrehan

So, the story behind Cooper Fordham is his father Todd Fordham was an offensive lineman for the Carolina Panthers when Jake Delhomme played. There is a connection there because the Cajun staff doesn't ordinary recruit the Jacksonville Fl area even though Coach Norrid is familiar with the area from his time at FAU.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    So, the story behind Cooper Fordham is his father Todd Fordham was an offensive lineman for the Carolina Panthers when Jake Delhomme played. There is a connection there because the Cajun staff doesn't ordinary recruit the Jacksonville Fl area even though Coach Norrid is familiar with the area from his time at FAU.
    Very cool set of circumstances!

Thread Information