Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fall baseball Roster

1. Default Re: Fall baseball Roster

The reality is that only a small percentage of those who have played sports have the opportunity to enjoy their sport in an organized setting through their college years even at the lowest level. Before Covid, this was generally a 3 to 5 year period.

With Covid this opportunity for some recently has been extended to a six or seven year period when added to redshirt opportunities when timely exercised.

No matter the circumstances, for over 99% of those fortunate enough to play their sport at the college level, it is the end of the road from a sports perspective. How soon the athlete accepts that reality is how soon they realize the true real life benefits from being a college athlete.

No matter where you attend college or how much you play or how good you are in college, having the commitment to a college sport is a tremendous resume builder for the commencement of life after sports. It also exposes you to and results in the creation of innumerable contacts which in this instance is definitely greater depending on the prominence of the program in which you play (Ohio St is greater than Hinds Community College, but there is some level of intrinsic benefit at even the lowest level).

Whether applying for your initial job in the real world after college or for admittance in a post graduate education program (medical school, law school, pharmacy school or even for an MBA) the fact that one has committed the time to be involved in organized sports at the college level will boost the value of the GPA each has maintained while fulfilling the time commitment as a college athlete. All else being equal, the college athlete will generally have the advantage in the pecking order through each process.

No college athlete should be looked down upon or frowned upon for the decision not to exercise the full extent of their college sports eligibility and their early realization of the fact that moving on from sports in life is the reality. What this does show is maturity and a higher level of preparedness for life after sports.

Default Re: Fall baseball Roster

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Anyone wants to step out on a limb and propose a starting lineup and starting weekend pitching rotation?
    Theut, Rawls, Mcghee (Total guess on the rotation at this point)
    Brock - C
    Roccaforte - 1st
    Taylor - 2nd
    Lejeune - 3rd
    Debarge - SS
    Hood - RF
    Marusak - CF
    Veillon LF

Heard Rawls was given some Scholarship monies, hope that means he gets more playing time.

Trying to predict a starting rotation would give me gas. I hope someone steps up over Veillon to be a starting OF, maybe Higgs. I like Veillon as a spark guy, but he has too much swing and miss. Higgs showed a solid up the middle approach at the end of his freshman year. I'm sure we'll have other JUCO's as options too.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    Trying to predict a starting rotation would give me gas. I hope someone steps up over Veillon to be a starting OF, maybe Higgs. I like Veillon as a spark guy, but he has too much swing and miss. Higgs showed a solid up the middle approach at the end of his freshman year. I'm sure we'll have other JUCO's as options too.
    As a kid I was a fan of Dave Kingman & Gorman Thomas.
    In a pitchers mind the threat of a 3 run homer is realthey were often pitched around with runners on base. Deggs can leverage this.

Besides, chicks dig the long ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Policarp View Post
    As a kid I was a fan of Dave Kingman & Gorman Thomas.
    In a pitchers mind the threat of a 3 run homer is realthey were often pitched around with runners on base. Deggs can leverage this.

Besides, chicks dig the long ball.
    I hope Veillon hits double digit home runs and shuts me up. That would be great.

7. Default Re: Fall baseball Roster

Veillon 10 times Higgs

8. Default Re: Fall baseball Roster

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Veillon 10 times Higgs
    Agree

Well, half of the roster will be newcomers and I'm positive there will be some (besides LeJeune) who will be ready to make contributions to this team.

Brock, Rocco, Marusak, Hood and DeBarge all have positions locked down.

And, no one has a weekend position on the mound locked down.

The fall will be very interesting.

Jo

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoCajun View Post
    Is it just me or is this becoming more common in college sports? Not that there’s anything wrong with it, but it kinda makes you wonder what’s going on for these players behind the scenes.
    Its called baseball players pay their way thru college. Unlike most other sports, parents are footing the bill. 25% is nothing when you talking about tuition, books, room and board, meals etc. not saying thats the sole reason for Warner, but for some it becomes a financial decision.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Remember, athletes had the extra year due to Covid. Many are just ready to move on, sports were a means to an end.
    He is an organizational roster filler at best in pro ball and with the shortened draft, maybe not even that. After of 12-15 years of something dominating your life, a bunch are ready to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Theut, Rawls, Mcghee (Total guess on the rotation at this point)
    Brock - C
    Roccaforte - 1st
    Taylor - 2nd
    Lejeune - 3rd
    Debarge - SS
    Hood - RF
    Marusak - CF
    Veillon LF
    Just a lineup barring injuries:

Brock - C
    Roccaforte - 1st
    Taylor - 2nd
    Lejeune - 3rd
    Debarge - SS
    Hood - RF
    Marusak - CF
    Stelly or Wilkerson- LF
    LaFleur - DH

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Brock - C
    Roccaforte - 1st
    Taylor - 2nd
    Lejeune - 3rd
    Debarge - SS
    Hood - RF
    Marusak - CF
    Stelly or Wilkerson- LF
    LaFleur - DH
    What is LaFleur’s natural position in the field?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    What is LaFleur’s natural position in the field?
    1st

15. Default Re: Fall baseball Roster

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post

Brock - C ( 7 HR )
    Roccaforte - 1st ( 16 HR )
    Taylor - 2nd
    Lejeune - 3rd
    Debarge - SS ( 3 HR )
    Hood - RF ( 4 HR )
    Marusak - CF ( 2 HR )
    Stelly or Wilkerson- LF
    LaFleur - DH
    ( 3 HR )

Veillon ( 4 HR )

We need more long ball specially losing Kemp.

We ended in the following in the sunbelt. ( Out of 12 )

7th BA
    5th HR
    6th RBI

Ended with 57 total home runs. Didn't make the top 50 on NCAA's website.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information