Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana Athletics Live Returning to Pete’s

1. Tickets Louisiana Athletics Live Returning to Pete’s

Louisiana Athletics Live returns to Pete's on Johnston this fall and will give Ragin' Cajuns fans the opportunity to hear from Louisiana Football head coach Mike Desormeaux and other specials guests this fall.

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Live Returning to Pete’s

I will be at Pete's for sure.

3. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Live Returning to Pete’s

Went to one last year for Deggs. They seated me far away from the interview and also I could not even hear the interview because it was so loud in there. Any way to go around this?

Quote Originally Posted by RAGINCAJUN11 View Post
    Went to one last year for Deggs. They seated me far away from the interview and also I could not even hear the interview because it was so loud in there. Any way to go around this?
    Get there earlier and sit closer to the action.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    Get there earlier and sit closer to the action.
    Yes indeed.

Just a reminder we crank up tonight. (And, the original post has the dates for the fall shows.)

6:00 pm start? i didnt see anything with a time in the link. just the $5 lil pete special for students

6 is correct.

I only listened for 30 minutes then completely lost interest.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I only listened for 30 minutes then completely lost interest.
    Well your brother was there and he didn't split after 1/2 hour.

11. Default Re: Louisiana Athletics Live Returning to Pete’s

Say you are a D**k without saying you are a D**k

Well your brother was there and he didn't split after 1/2 hour.
    Yes his bride texted to see if we wanted to go. No offense to you my friend. As someone who has listened to the hour long weekly FOOTBALL coaches shows since the Stokley days I am just not a fan of this new format of only 5 or so per season split between sports. I am one that thinks our football program is big enough to have a one hour long WEEKLY FOOTBALL coaches radio show during the season. Trust me my brother that was there would agree with me on that. If the other sports can support that then by all means let those coaches have their own shows too. I do realize this format is not your decision so I am not pointing any fingers at you.

Now having said that, don't get me wrong if I were there like my brother and could have gotten the visuals of the 2nd half of the show, it would have had a much better chance of holding my interest. If you know what I mean?

I have always been curious as to why the change from the weekly show? And who exactly is it that thinks this is better for the fans and the football program?

Yes his bride texted to see if we wanted to go. No offense to you my friend. As someone who has listened to the hour long weekly FOOTBALL coaches shows since the Stokley days I am just not a fan of this new format of only 5 or so per season split between sports. I am one that thinks our football program is big enough to have a one hour long WEEKLY FOOTBALL coaches radio show during the season. Trust me my brother that was there would agree with me on that. If the other sports can support that then by all means let those coaches have their own shows too. I do realize this format is not your decision so I am not pointing any fingers at you.

Now having said that, don't get me wrong if I were there like my brother and could have gotten the visuals of the 2nd half of the show, it would have had a much better chance of holding my interest. If you know what I mean?

I have always been curious as to why the change from the weekly show? And who exactly is it that thinks this is better for the fans and the football program?

There were several reasons for the changes: Attendance at the shows has waned (although we had a great crowd last night.) The listening audience wasn't very big, even with the show available worldwide on the app.

In addition, coaches are so busy now they don't want to do a show each week and they don't want to do a full hour. That really became the norm under Billy. In addition with all the weeknight games, it was very difficult to get commitment from the coaches because of the way they change their practice schedules.

We are working with Pete's to continue to come up with things that might hold live attendance to what we had last night.

If the fans respond perhaps we can adjust. But, like everything else around here, we just don't have enough who care the way we do.

There were several reasons for the changes: Attendance at the shows has waned (although we had a great crowd last night.) The listening audience wasn't very big, even with the show available worldwide on the app.

In addition, coaches are so busy now they don't want to do a show each week and they don't want to do a full hour. That really became the norm under Billy. In addition with all the weeknight games, it was very difficult to get commitment from the coaches because of the way they change their practice schedules.

We are working with Pete's to continue to come up with things that might hold live attendance to what we had last night.

If the fans respond perhaps we can adjust. But, like everything else around here, we just don't have enough who care the way we do.
    I got you. I appears it has gone from what used to be a coaches radio show to what kind of live crowd can we draw? I will say again, I sure do miss having an hour long coaches RADIO show every week, that was more about talking about players, last game and next opponent. vs how much money Petes can make. Even in studio would be good where it wouldn't matter how many people show up in person. I tried the show live once a few years back and found it hard to hear what the coach had to say.

I got you. I appears it has gone from what used to be a coaches radio show to what kind of live crowd can we draw? I will say again, I sure do miss having an hour long coaches RADIO show every week, that was more about talking about players, last game and next opponent. vs how much money Petes can make. Even in studio would be good where it wouldn't matter how many people show up in person. I tried the show live once a few years back and found it hard to hear what the coach had to say.
    I understand. Not enough people like you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information