Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Troy just announced that Jarret Doege joined their football team

1. UL Football Troy just announced that Jarret Doege joined their football team

For those of you that don't know who he is, he played for Bowling Green and WVU at QB and had previously transferred to WKU. He originally committed to Bowling Green where he played for them in 2017-2018.

In 2017 he played in 7 games and in 2018 he played in 12 games at BGU. At BGU he completed 63% of his passes with 39 TD's and 15 INT's over the 19 games he played.

He then transferred to WVU where he played 2019-2021. At WVU he completed 65% of his passes with 40 TD's and 19 INT's in 27 games over 3 seasons, including a covid year.

In 2022 he then transferred to WKU to play his senior season, but never would play a game for them, instead he decided to transfer to Troy where he will immediately be the best QB on a pretty good team.

This makes Troy a team to reckon with in the SBC West. They were already that, now it makes them a true contender.

Default Re: Troy just announced that Jarret Doege joined their football team

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    For those of you that don't know who he is, he played for Bowling Green and WVU at QB and had previously transferred to WKU. He originally committed to Bowling Green where he played for them in 2017-2018.

In 2017 he played in 7 games and in 2018 he played in 12 games at BGU. At BGU he completed 63% of his passes with 39 TD's and 15 INT's over the 19 games he played.

He then transferred to WVU where he played 2019-2021. At WVU he completed 65% of his passes with 40 TD's and 19 INT's in 27 games over 3 seasons, including a covid year.

In 2022 he then transferred to WKU to play his senior season, but never would play a game for them, instead he decided to transfer to Troy where he will immediately be the best QB on a pretty good team.

This makes Troy a team to reckon with in the SBC West. They were already that, now it makes them a true contender.

If he wins the job with only 1 week left in camp, Troy has some real issues at QB. He got beat out at WKU so he left.

One of the most prolific QBs in WVU history??
    Seems like some serious hyperbole as I’ve never heard of him.

I can name guys like Pat White, Major Harris, Geno Smith, Jeff Hostetler, and Mark Bulger. There was another that came from Florida too…can’t think of his name.

We must be doomed!!

He did not get the starting job at WKU and bounces

5. Default Re: Troy just announced that Jarret Doege joined their football team

I would be surprised if he does not beat out Gunnar Watson for QB1 at Troy. Watson split time with Taylor Powell who transferred to Eastern Michigan this year. Doege is better than both Watson and Powell. He will have to learn the system for sure, but reality is this makes them a better football team.

6. Default Re: Troy just announced that Jarret Doege joined their football team

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    He did not get the starting job at WKU and bounces
    They never announced who the starter was at WKU, now that conversation may have been had between Doege, Reed (the now potential starter) and Helton (Head Coach) and that is why de decided to leave. Similar to what happened at LSU with Myles Brennan, the off the record conversation where coach tells player he will not be the starter and then the kid leaves. Everything I have read on the WKU boards are that he was in a heated competition with Austin Reed and there were thoughts that Doege would start game 1 so that he would not leave and then probably move Reed into the starting lineup at some point, but I guess that did not happen.

They never announced who the starter was at WKU, now that conversation may have been had between Doege, Reed (the now potential starter) and Helton (Head Coach) and that is why de decided to leave. Similar to what happened at LSU with Myles Brennan, the off the record conversation where coach tells player he will not be the starter and then the kid leaves. Everything I have read on the WKU boards are that he was in a heated competition with Austin Reed and there were thoughts that Doege would start game 1 so that he would not leave and then probably move Reed into the starting lineup at some point, but I guess that did not happen.
    They announced their starter today, so I am sure he was told he didn't win the job.

8. Default Re: Troy just announced that Jarret Doege joined their football team

I already thought it was a dead heat between Troy and UL. I’m thinking they may have tipped the scale, but I don’t know who they play in the East.

We are the team to beat until somebody beats us. If this is the year, so be it. I'm not going to doom and gloom about some dude named Doge. The same people who say he's "one of the most prolific passers in WVU history" also think Grayson McCall is Peyton Manning. Neither is true, we run the West, come and get it.

10. Default Re: Troy just announced that Jarret Doege joined their football team

Me and my birdies are with Wolf. The sheep better watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by MWolf View Post
    We are the team to beat until somebody beats us. If this is the year, so be it. I'm not going to doom and gloom about some dude named Doge. The same people who say he's "one of the most prolific passers in WVU history" also think Grayson McCall is Peyton Manning. Neither is true, we run the West, come and get it.
    Word to big bird

From now on, we running the West...

Signed,
    Dolemite

Possibly dropping a new QB starter this late in camp is a real moral builder in the QB room.

Nothing screams foxhole guy like a qb transferring to his 4th team 2 weeks before the season, when things get tough you know you can count on that guy

I watch two football teams, pros and college, and that’s the Cajuns and WVU. Doege is hot garbage. The only reason he has that many yards is because he sucked and WVU got behind and playing from behind equals stat padding. Him going to Troy does not worry me a bit. Odd irony is Doege went to Troy and Neil Brown, head coach of WVU previously coached at Troy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information