Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How we open gameday kickoff

Default Re: How we open gameday kickoff

Band could do this.....Mic up the lead horn sections; need kettle drums and play it LOUD.

"Fanfare for the Common Man" by Aaron Copland

2. Default Re: How we open gameday kickoff

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    All of these are great suggestions; however, would we have to pay royalties to use any of these songs that are not our own?
    Can we use this logical question towards stopping the current piped in music?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Can we use this logical question towards stopping the current piped in music?
    You'd have to ask 337DJ Menace

The Cajuns are our objective. We need to know the absolute best sound they want to hear.

Not us.

Trust me, I want that Victory Bell in the South EZ to be tuned perfectly to Hells Bells. Hell, I want Brian Johnson of AC/DC hitting the button on it.

Let's get this figured out. Just look at what Jump Around, Enter Sandman, etc. does. If we need to pay a royalty, hell the kids with the phones recording the insanity will pay for it when more kids feel they're missing out and show up at The Swamp.

Let's Geaux

Like I said, we have assets, just not creative enough to use them...

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    The Cajuns are our objective. We need to know the absolute best sound they want to hear.

Not us.

Trust me, I want that Victory Bell in the South EZ to be tuned perfectly to Hells Bells. Hell, I want Brian Johnson of AC/DC hitting the button on it.

Let's get this figured out. Just look at what Jump Around, Enter Sandman, etc. does. If we need to pay a royalty, hell the kids with the phones recording the insanity will pay for it when more kids feel they're missing out and show up at The Swamp.

Let's Geaux
    The Hokies' entrance to Enter Sandman is the #1 entrance hands down. It's not even close.

It's incredible what VT does.

I submit a song that meets a lot of my requirements, maybe not the big explosive part for when the team would enter the field from the tunnel, but close. Thunderstruck by AC?DC.

Not us.

Let's Geaux
    Who is they? I think in this case they are the people paying the bills. If no one is there to hear whats piped out of the speakers does it matter what they play? Isn't that what they do at practice?

10. Default Re: How we open gameday kickoff

Not us.

Let's Geaux
    I applaud your effort, please don't let anyone (including me) demoralize you.

"They" are the players.

We speak of boosting attendance as a damn near ritual every year in our discussions on this site.

Nothing has worked. Nothing.

Top 25 Program. CF attendance - the same.

Somebody posted something recently about a Champions Square style pregame area, that's a great idea.

As for what I'm discussing is a game-changing audible experience at kickoff and continuing throughout our time in the Swamp.

Keep doing same thing and expecting a different result...

Let's geaux

Hire Roarman to organize the game day music and the issue of poor music and music selection being played would be fixed! He has a ton of ideas.

"They" are the players.

We speak of boosting attendance as a damn near ritual every year in our discussions on this site.

Nothing has worked. Nothing.

Top 25 Program. CF attendance - the same.

Somebody posted something recently about a Champions Square style pregame area, that's a great idea.

As for what I'm discussing is a game-changing audible experience at kickoff and continuing throughout our time in the Swamp.

Keep doing same thing and expecting a different result...

Let's geaux
    Insanity at it's best.

Here's what you can expect from the band. Beaux Jacque's song, Cornbread, to be played after every first down. Some other song I can't remember played after second down, and the ESPN song played after 3rd down. Eight measures from each song. Something a 6th grade band could play very well. The band should put out much more effort. They are much better than that, but, for some reason they continue to play the same selections over and over and over again. It is not exciting. It is monotonous.

Quote Originally Posted by roarman View Post
    Here's what you can expect from the band. Beaux Jacque's song, Cornbread, to be played after every first down. Some other song I can't remember played after second down, and the ESPN song played after 3rd down. Eight measures from each song. Something a 6th grade band could play very well. The band should put out much more effort. They are much better than that, but, for some reason they continue to play the same selections over and over and over again. It is not exciting. It is monotonous.
    THIS^

Also, I believe the song you’re looking for is Respect by Aretha Franklin.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information