Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How we open gameday kickoff

Default Re: How we open gameday kickoff

All of these are great choices. Really.

But you all need to remember: we cater to the professional athletes in this day & age. What they say goes…or they bounce.

Zero rock will be played.

I am old enough to remember and much preferred college football games and stadium atmospheres before they started pipping in music.

3. Default Re: How we open gameday kickoff

Piping in music music coupled with lazy inattentive bands was an atmosphere killer at football games.

I know other sports that have no cadence or flow need it to survive, but football was different.

A part of the "me too" movement, like Instagram trying to be TicToc.

Stick to what made you successful in the first place

4. Default Re: How we open gameday kickoff

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Listen to T.Walker - I Don't Give Up (IDGU) [Prod-1. PSB] by T3Walker on #SoundCloud

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/oYom2

Put headphones on when you listen.

Cajun Football
    I was really liking it, but it lost me at the F slang. I hope they don't play it at Cajun Field.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Tool 10,000 days part 2

https://youtu.be/qJq9y9xPKWs

Matter of fact it should be the background to the pregame highlight video during warmups.
    For me, this is getting closer. IMO, we need a song that starts slow for about 30 seconds, then builds up and explodes with a beat.

I just hope the speakers are not set to where you can hear it in Youngsville.

Or maybe we tie in the bell (y'all remember that) to the speaker system so we can hear it. Then it tolls just prior to the walkout song and team entrance.

Welcome Home - Coheed and Cambria

I think this would be a good song to start the game with. I also agree that 10,000 Days would be an excellent choice too.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    For me, this is getting closer. IMO, we need a song that starts slow for about 30 seconds, then builds up and explodes with a beat.

I just hope the speakers are not set to where you can hear it in Youngsville.

Or maybe we tie in the bell (y'all remember that) to the speaker system so we can hear it. Then it tolls just prior to the walkout song and team entrance.
    That's the idea....uss the damn bell

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I present to you: rage against the machine - renegades of funk. Song hits at 0:31.

And the opening words are perfect: "No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJeaux View Post
    I present to you: rage against the machine - renegades of funk. Song hits at 0:31.

And the opening words are perfect: "No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now"
    I do like it better, I will listen to it more today to see if it grows on me, to see if I can get a little funkier!

Man, we need Tool's 'The Pot'. The build is epic and makes you wanna kick a fkn door in! Also, you could have a giant black cast iron pot that the players could run out to and slap on the way on to the field! Bad_ss song and culture rolled into one!
    https://youtu.be/civuoU_NE38

Or we could do Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls and finally put that damn bell to good use!
    https://youtu.be/eeqGuaAl6Ic

12. Default Re: How we open gameday kickoff

All of these are great suggestions; however, would we have to pay royalties to use any of these songs that are not our own?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Or we could do Metallica's For Whom The Bell Tolls and finally put that damn bell to good use!
    https://youtu.be/eeqGuaAl6Ic
    Only if Dr.A approved...

The ultimate would be during the run out, if our Tech dept could make a hologram of Dr Authement's ghost fly over dumping rain on our parade and have an old cajun in a duck blind shoot it down. Too much? Yeah, probably so. Sorry, I'm an habitual line stepper.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    The ultimate would be during the run out, if our Tech dept could make a hologram of Dr Authement's ghost fly over dumping rain on our parade and have an old cajun in a duck blind shoot it down. Too much? Yeah, probably so. Sorry, I'm an habitual line stepper.
    Thank you Charley Murphey...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information