Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Cajun Field going cashless... NOT

1. Default Re: Cajun Field cashless

This may or may not be a stadium thing... yet.

But if cashless were king, McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and all the others would have made the move by now.

Why? Because it does cut down on stealing, but currently cashless chases more customers and more dollars than it saves.

Default Re: Cajun Field cashless

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    What I had read from the website. Can’t find the email:

Admission & Payments

The Alumni Association wants its guests to have an enjoyable time and hopes the following information helps everyone come prepared for gameday, beginning with admission to the Hospitality Tent. Admission fees remain the same, except we will no longer accept cash or check payments. The following payments will be accepted:

Credit or debit card
    Venmo
    PayPal
    Apple Pay
    Google Pay
    Admission for home tailgates is $15 per person. Loyalty Fund donors of $50 or more get in for free.
    $15 is a great deal and that is if you haven't donated at least %50 to the Alumni fund. But that $15 is the only item charged for entry.

I know a lot of people have complaints about the alumni association, but tell me one other place in the tailgate area that is a better value? Oh, and easier too. You walk in, eat and drink, then walk out. No setup, no cleanup, no takedown.

3. Default Re: Cajun Field cashless

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    $15 is a great deal and that is if you haven't donated at least %50 to the Alumni fund. But that $15 is the only item charged for entry.

I know a lot of people have complaints about the alumni association, but tell me one other place in the tailgate area that is a better value? Oh, and easier too. You walk in, eat and drink, then walk out. No setup, no cleanup, no takedown.
    Incredible value.

I see an earlier post that said the information about Cajun Field being cashless came from an alumni email. I think that email was referring to the alumni tent being cashless.

Maybe Jay can look into it?
    Read the bottom of the email.

Cajun Field is a cashless venue - this is copied from the email.

Default Re: Cajun Field going cashless?

Already dropped 5 of my 7 tickets because I’m tired of not being able to give them away, this is one more way to get me to spend less money. This university will never get out of its own way.

6. Default Re: Cajun Field cashless

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This may or may not be a stadium thing... yet.

But if cashless were king, McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and all the others would have made the move by now.

Why? Because it does cut down on stealing, but currently cashless chases more customers and more dollars than it saves.
    Cash is King

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Read the bottom of the email.

Cajun Field is a cashless venue - this is copied from the email.
    Not doubting you. Just can’t find the email ��

Not doubting you. Just can’t find the email ��
    I received on 8/10.

Cash is legal tender, it must be accepted. If I get a beer and take a sip and you don’t take my cash, that’s on you not me. This cash only bs is just that, bullsht

10. Default Re: Cajun Field going cashless?

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Cash is legal tender, it must be accepted. If I get a beer and take a sip and you don’t take my cash, that’s on you not me. This cash only bs is just that, bullsht
    They don’t want your cash because they know they can’t get away with charging you that 4% surcharge.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    True for government entities but not private business unless required by state law. Louisiana has no such law. However it is certainly a bad look for the University as over 10% of Louisiana residents don't have a bank account. Obviously this is tilted towards the lower income levels of our society. Doesn't take much of a leap to know where this heads for an institute of higher learning.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCajun View Post
    I won't speak about anything anyone else might use or not. I know that I almost NEVER have cash so I am completely fine with a cashless system. I wouldn't have it anyway. Haven't written a check in years. I've never been inside my bank (not even sure there is one for me TO go inside.)
    Same here. Very rarely do I have cash and I may write 5 checks a year. Also can't remember the last time I was in a bank. I am sure most folks operate like this these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    True for government entities but not private business unless required by state law. Louisiana has no such law. However it is certainly a bad look for the University as over 10% of Louisiana residents don't have a bank account. Obviously this is tilted towards the lower income levels of our society. Doesn't take much of a leap to know where this heads for an institute of higher learning.
    Those 10% of folks aren't going to Cajun games.

Cash free at stadiums is just the beginning of our road to a cashless society. You noticed all the places that had coin shortages over the last year or so? That is another first step in the master plan of doing away with cash completely. It will happen in baby steps and we won’t even notice it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Thibodeaux View Post
    Cash free at stadiums is just the beginning of our road to a cashless society. You noticed all the places that had coin shortages over the last year or so? That is another first step in the master plan of doing away with cash completely. It will happen in baby steps and we won’t even notice it happening.
    Strip club special interest groups will never allow this to happen.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information