Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FB Season Ticket Sales?

UL Football FB Season Ticket Sales?

Does anyone know how many season tickets were sold this year ?

I really think to increase attendance we need to have a better tailgating experience. I know we have the Baseball Stadium and I think that is an awesome place to tailgate. I wish we had an area designated for tailgating like Tulsa, or Tulane or the Saints

With vendors, a stage, chairs, and face painting for the kids, where people can gather and hang out. Which we have all that but it needs to be better organized. Like Tulanes Tailgate villiage.
    Need a Championship Square like the Saints.

We can have a better and more organized tailgating for the average fan.

2. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Those are great ideas.

What a great place to start.

No I don't know how many season tickets were sold this year

3. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Glad someone finally asked. If you’ve noticed the tenor to my posts have been more snarky lately, it’s mostly because of this. I’ve been in touch with at least three people at the administrator level and at least two people at the RCAF executive level.

The best answer I could get was “ticket sales are flat.” The administration seems very eager to keep this fact quiet.

Coming off of historically successful seasons, hiring a local and former fan favorite starting QB and touring major gifts and stadium renovation… can’t sell tickets for a team with the nation’s longest winning streak.

Total failure and/or lack of care by the promotional arm of this university. We have always been bad at telling our story. This is like 2014 all over again, but this time, we had a top 25 and outright league champion football team. And we did it in Lafayette.

Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Glad someone finally asked. If you’ve noticed the tenor to my posts have been more snarky lately, it’s mostly because of this. I’ve been in touch with at least three people at the administrator level and at least two people at the RCAF executive level.

The best answer I could get was “ticket sales are flat.” The administration seems very eager to keep this fact quiet.

Coming off of historically successful seasons, hiring a local and former fan favorite starting QB and touring major gifts and stadium renovation… can’t sell tickets for a team with the nation’s longest winning streak.

Total failure and/or lack of care by the promotional arm of this university. We have always been bad at telling our story. This is like 2014 all over again, but this time, we had a top 25 and outright league champion football team. And we did it in Lafayette.
    Last I heard was around 5k

5. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Last I heard was around 5k
    Embarrassing and unacceptable, if true.

We need something to fix this problem I really think we have alienated the common fan and we need to try to bring them back. We really need to do something like this. To me it wouldn’t take that much work from the University and over time you can improve it. Here is an example

The Boulevard SMU
    Name:  alumni-boulevard-web-banner-mobile.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  116.3 KB

7. Default Re: Season Ticket Sales?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    We need something to fix this problem I really think we have alienated the common fan and we need to try to bring them back. We really need to do something like this. To me it wouldn’t take that much work from the University and over time you can improve it. Here is an example

The Boulevard SMU
    The common fan and the common donor.

Also got word that apparently, several items that were recommended in the fan survey for stadium changes and additions are on the chopping block. If we want what we thought we were investing in, people need to start speaking up and paying close attention to the next step, and that’s the Archeticts that just announced they’ve been hired to do the work.

Well we need to focus on Promotional and Fan Interaction!! We are the Ragin Cajuns this should be like second nature instead we are mediocre when it comes to this.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Embarrassing and unacceptable, if true.
    Zero hype around the program probably worst its been since 2017. Hopefully a good start gets the sidewalk fans.

The Boulevard SMU
    I have said this for years. All of Inside the fences of cajun field TG spots are sold out and there is no where for the common borderline fan to go who is just trying it out. Here is what my thoughts have been. Its time to expand in the other direction. I have always said make that big field across from Bourgeois hall a first come first serve basis tail gate area. Say on Friday after 5 you can come out and stake your claim. You could open up parking in Bourgeois and Blackham. maybe even shut down traffic from Johnston to Reinhardt Dr. / The the Cajun Dome. They have got to create growth in the area of tail gating to get new fans out and that is the only direction I can see where serious expansions is possible.

Well we need to focus on Promotional and Fan Interaction!! We are the Ragin Cajuns this should be like second nature instead we are mediocre when it comes to this.
    Yea, your going to change the attitude of the 20,000 fans who show up disguised as empty seats with what? A koozie give away? Free popcorn? I know, let's have baby races...please. This has to be an organic marketing effort...giveaways/promotions are rewards for showing up, not a reason to attend...

I think in todays world it takes more then winning! People want to go out and have a good time.

I be real this isn’t LSU, or Ohio State. People are there to have a good time. The people on this forum are true diehard fans. The average person is not. You have to get them in the gate.

I am not saying give them free popcorn or anything like that. Casual fans are there to have a good time. By doing that you have to give them a reason to come. Part of the experience is coming and hanging out with your friends. trying the food, listening to music, and expericing Cajun Culture.

Every time I go to a game there is open area’s around Cajun Field that are not being used. Have drink vendors, food vendors, where people can setup there stadium chairs and listen to some music. If you bring the Kids have a bounce house, face painting give these people something to do. Not like we giving it away for free they are purchasing it.

Not everyone is going to spend 1k dollars on a RCAF membership, season tickets, and a tailgating spot, but they might if you show them a good time and over time start enjoying themselves at the game.

Has the coaches done any interviews outside of media days ?

I figure we would be at 10k by now, but if we aren’t I guess we better hope for GameDay sales.

We will have close to 30k for game 1 with SLU coming to town

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information